Can someone be for military action but not the Iraqi occupation? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:57 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
Kool But I'll only go once I loose the weight. BTW, gym is going good! THANKS 4 THE PEP TALK!
You need help NOW, why wait until you lose wait? trying to impress my sister eh?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 05:03 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
My personal religious beliefs
"Kool But I'll only go once I loose the weight. BTW, gym is going good! THANKS 4 THE PEP TALK!"

So what do we have? Extremist views, piss-poor English, lack of basic fitness knowledge yet a claim to be a physician.

I call liar, fraud and bullshitter. Join the ranks with Jayhawk and his pals. You are not alone here dude.
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
You need help NOW, why wait until you lose wait? trying to impress my sister eh?
post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 05:17 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
She will scramble yur brains out dude

post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Designo_E320

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
She will scramble yur brains out dude
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 05:29 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Oh, you will not be able to handle her, she can dig deep and make you cry like a baby I am not kidding.

post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Note that no one has ever called for a pull out from Afghanistan. No one has protested involvement in Afghanistan. That very telling difference between Afghanistan and Iraq shows me that the American people are NOT interested in surrender, NOT interesting in capitulation, NOT interested in a withdrawal from fighting the GWOT.

What this obvious difference tells me is that the majority of American people understand that Afghanistan is a necessary, logical, extension of American power to DIRECTLY address Taliban and al Qaeda. It also tells me that the American people can tell the difference between that logic in Afghanistan and the misguided [from day one] misadventures in Iraq which have been wrong and have been counterproductive to America in so many ways. Americans see that we are in a NO WIN situation [only degrees of loss] and a Strategic extrication from Iraq is in the best interest for this country and positions us for the very long GWOT.
I'm not so sure I agree with the second paragraph - Americans understand that Afghanistan is a necessary, logical extension of American power to DIRECTLY address Taliab and al Qaeda.

The two major differences between Iraq and Afghanistan are 1) lots of Americans are dying in Iraq, and 2) Afghanistan doesn't have an oil industry of which I'm aware.

It's a little mystifying just how little Afghanistan matters now, given how intensive the al Qaeda concentration was there and how holy the ground there is considered. Contrast that with Iraq, and I know every bit of sand in the ME is "holy", but it's just crazy how much more resistance there is, unless oil is in fact what everyone over there is so worked up over.

If our mere presence were enough to cause this outrage, they'd have fought us tooth & nail in Afghanistan. They didn't. It was a blip. In Iraq, I think the fighting has far less to do with matters of soverignty, offense to Muslims, blowback, etc. (all would have evidenced themselves in Afghanistan, IMO) and far more to do with the wealth of natural resources Iraq embodies. Everyone wants their fair share so badly, they're willing to kill everyone else off just to make sure they get it. The fact that they get to kill people who aren't the right brand of Muslim whacko is icing on the cake.

Just putting that out there...

Incidentally, it didn't matter to me what the world thought when we went after the bad guys, and I don't think it matters what the world thinks if we pull out. We're such fucking morons about this - we're handed a golden "get out of Iraq free" card on a silver platter by the Iraqi government, and we're still fucking around over there. Please.
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
No but I was indeed trying to analyze this guys brain and his hatred for the East. If he is in fact gay then I understand as they stone to death homosexuals caught in the act. BTW, a practice I wholeheartedly agree with.
Douche-a-riffic.

Perhaps we can talk about your family, like if you have daughters going to school or a wife who doesn't wear a burka - they stone people to death for that too, some of us might find the selective practice of those laws valid also.
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
If our mere presence were enough to cause this outrage, they'd have fought us tooth & nail in Afghanistan. They didn't. It was a blip. In Iraq, I think the fighting has far less to do with matters of soverignty, offense to Muslims, blowback, etc. (all would have evidenced themselves in Afghanistan, IMO) and far more to do with the wealth of natural resources Iraq embodies. Everyone wants their fair share so badly, they're willing to kill everyone else off just to make sure they get it. The fact that they get to kill people who aren't the right brand of Muslim whacko is icing on the cake.
Apparently, Afghanistan is so unimportant that you may have forgotten what happened there. The central government only controlled the parts of the country that the local warlords allowed them to, That did not include a large area to the north of Kabul, which was run by a loose coalition known as the Northern Alliance. The leader of the Northern Alliance was assassinated by Al Qaeda a few days before the 9-11 attack, in anticipation of Northern Alliance cooperation with an American invasion. Despite the loss of General Masood, the Alliance sort of held together just long enough to help us kick the crap out of the Taliban, then it slowly dissolved as a result of the deprivation of the only man capable of holding them together. So not only were we welcomed there by a substantial portion of the indigenous population, the world recognized our right to wreck vengeance upon our attackers.

The unjustified invasion of Iraq was an entirely different matter, and has not been accepted by anyone in the ME as anything other than a war on Islam itself. These invasions are not comparable, and any expectation of a comparable response from the locals seems rather naive.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Designo_E320

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
"Kool But I'll only go once I loose the weight. BTW, gym is going good! THANKS 4 THE PEP TALK!"

So what do we have? Extremist views, piss-poor English, lack of basic fitness knowledge yet a claim to be a physician.

I call liar, fraud and bullshitter. Join the ranks with Jayhawk and his pals. You are not alone here dude.
Do we have another faggot here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in