Hand rails trail stairs. Why? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 07:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
And the two concentric ovals are not the same circumference/length so even the slightest deviation at initial synchronization will exacerbate over time to keep getting further and further out of sync.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Science, schmience.

The problem is that the illegal immigrants working the stair treadmill are fatter and more out of shape than the illegal immigrants working the handrail treadmill.

They should be deported.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 08:35 PM
BNZ
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2006
Quoted: 481 Post(s)

But if we can put a man on the moon why can't we sync handrai....ahh fuck it.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Alien

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNZ
But if we can put a man on the moon why can't we sync handrai....ahh fuck it.
I have been to the moon! I have also been to Uranus!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 12:33 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Well I tried.

You know the ironic thing is that I just checked my receipts and it seems that I also loaned him $20 yesterday and $10 the day before. So he made off with $60!

To make it all worse he says his shoulder hurts and he cut his finger trying to use a wrench as a pry bar because he was too lazy to get out of the car and get one. I can see it now… “Man sues for 1,000,000 for a cut on his finger”. He will probably let it fall off of gangrene and say he didn’t know any better.

I swear… I wish I had time to notice the top belt of an escalator was slower than the steps.
Yeah I know dude. When I started my business, one of my worst nightmares was staff, so I tried to keep as much in the family as possible.
Just tell him that if he tries to pull any litigious shit you will burn down his house (or trailer) and come for him from behind on a dark night with a Louisville Slugger. It's not worth the risk for a few bucks, but if he really wants to waste your time.... Don't ask me how I know, but this usually works.

Good luck- I hope the fucker sees sense and you don't need to escalate!
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 01:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Escalator pathetiquette is the same as for a standing queue, a doctors waiting room, an 'All of our operators are busy at the moment ..your call is important to us - please hold' response to a phone call....all duh duh duh!, and an entirely hateful part of sheeple living.
I think hand rails on escalators should be twice the speed of the steps so that anyone who hasn't forgotten how to walk (as soon as they stepped aboard) has passing rights over cripples, copulating couples, elbows out gays, and the (still partly) mobile dying.
gotta go...THE ALL BLACKS HAVE JUST KICKED OFF AGAINST AUSTRALIA...
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 01:49 AM
Alien

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Yeah I know dude. When I started my business, one of my worst nightmares was staff, so I tried to keep as much in the family as possible.
Just tell him that if he tries to pull any litigious shit you will burn down his house (or trailer) and come for him from behind on a dark night with a Louisville Slugger. It's not worth the risk for a few bucks, but if he really wants to waste your time.... Don't ask me how I know, but this usually works.

Good luck- I hope the fucker sees sense and you don't need to escalate!
I don’t know. He had that look like he was going to try and steal something. As far as the trailer goes, he got evicted from it last month. He really wasn’t a bad guy, and in all honesty I worked his ass like Uncle Tom.

As far as family goes, well let’s just say its work in progress. Considering that I grew up in my profession I worked for my father. In that time I managed to, how shall we say, piss off the ole man. I guess it all started when I stole his bottle of Glayvar one night and took some hot chick out in a customer’s car. Anyway everything was just great until I got back and the lights were on. Then there was the time my parents got a divorce and my mom sold me her half of the shop for $1.00, so naturally the next day I went in there like I owned the place. Well this didn’t go over too well with my dad, who at that time called in reinforcements from grandpa, who subsequently strangled me and called me a wee little bastard. The next day I told grandpa to get bent so he and pops decided to take my work gloves and smear a bunch of shit I was allergic to on them, next thing I know I cant breath and I am at the hospital getting shots. By this time I was good and pissed off. Since my name is the same as my dads and grandpa's I called the police and told them that my dad and grandfather were holding my 1973 Camaro Z28 hostage and at the time I had swiped the title and signed it over to myself. Anyway while the cops were trying to figure out who was who I got the damn car but never went back to the business. I later got my own business and after merging with pops I had a falling out which resulted in my jumping on the hood of his 1975 Triumph Spitfire just 3 short days after it was painted. I am also frequently reminded of the XKE that I pulled out of gear while at a young age that rolled into a truck and busted up the back end. Add on to that the fact that my grandmother shot my dad in the leg, and you can start to realize why I don’t work with family.

I am really, really trying to get along with him but it always turns into a conversation about what a bitch my mom and grandmother are and how I was a wee little bastard. Now that I own it all and he has got his rich DayGo wife that hates my guts, and is in control of the now abroad grandfathers estate he walks in the place like he's royalty, claims to have owned at one time everything in the place, and says such silly things as "I have forgotten more than you know" followed by "I taught you everything you know".

So yeah.. I figured I would just make my own kids and get them working, but they claim they are only 3 and 5 years old so they refuse to pay attention and basically just start telling me to work while they go play.

It basically seems that I will have to reap what I have sewn, and I will be getting what I deserve.

Dad says he's starting next week. This should be interesting.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 01:56 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
^^^^^^

Funny story!

Best thing to do with a Spitfire BTW-the beastly little fuckers. The GT6's were quite cool in their day but the 4-cyls were serious hairdresser transport. I had a Lotus Super Seven which ate all other little roadsters without even trying. I have a picture here somewhere, maybe will post it later.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 02:02 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
I don’t know. He had that look like he was going to try and steal something. As far as the trailer goes, he got evicted from it last month. He really wasn’t a bad guy, and in all honesty I worked his ass like Uncle Tom.

As far as family goes, well let’s just say its work in progress. Considering that I grew up in my profession I worked for my father. In that time I managed to, how shall we say, piss off the ole man. I guess it all started when I stole his bottle of Glayvar one night and took some hot chick out in a customer’s car. Anyway everything was just great until I got back and the lights were on. Then there was the time my parents got a divorce and my mom sold me her half of the shop for $1.00, so naturally the next day I went in there like I owned the place. Well this didn’t go over too well with my dad, who at that time called in reinforcements from grandpa, who subsequently strangled me and called me a wee little bastard. The next day I told grandpa to get bent so he and pops decided to take my work gloves and smear a bunch of shit I was allergic to on them, next thing I know I cant breath and I am at the hospital getting shots. By this time I was good and pissed off. Since my name is the same as my dads and grandpa's I called the police and told them that my dad and grandfather were holding my 1973 Camaro Z28 hostage and at the time I had swiped the title and signed it over to myself. Anyway while the cops were trying to figure out who was who I got the damn car but never went back to the business. I later got my own business and after merging with pops I had a falling out which resulted in my jumping on the hood of his 1975 Triumph Spitfire just 3 short days after it was painted. I am also frequently reminded of the XKE that I pulled out of gear while at a young age that rolled into a truck and busted up the back end. Add on to that the fact that my grandmother shot my dad in the leg, and you can start to realize why I don’t work with family.

I am really, really trying to get along with him but it always turns into a conversation about what a bitch my mom and grandmother are and how I was a wee little bastard. Now that I own it all and he has got his rich DayGo wife that hates my guts, and is in control of the now abroad grandfathers estate he walks in the place like he's royalty, claims to have owned at one time everything in the place, and says such silly things as "I have forgotten more than you know" followed by "I taught you everything you know".

So yeah.. I figured I would just make my own kids and get them working, but they claim they are only 3 and 5 years old so they refuse to pay attention and basically just start telling me to work while they go play.

It basically seems that I will have to reap what I have sewn, and I will be getting what I deserve.

Dad says he's starting next week. This should be interesting.
I sense the makings of a U.S. reality show.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 02:05 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
^^^^^^

Funny story!

Best thing to do with a Spitfire BTW-the beastly little fuckers. The GT6's were quite cool in their day but the 4-cyls were serious hairdresser transport. I had a Lotus Super Seven which ate all other little roadsters without even trying. I have a picture here somewhere, maybe will post it later.
The Super Seven was a fun car, a buddy had one. My Elan was a bit slower, but like all Lotus quite nimble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in