Letting someone go. - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Letting someone go.

Well one of the worst things about working with someone is being forced to let them go. This is especially true when they start getting greedy.

Greedy is,

Showing up at 11am when start time is 9am
Sleeping or missing 2 out of the 5 day week
Taking up more than an hour asking to get paid early
Trying to tell the boss how to do things
Smoking the boss’s smoke
Drinking the boss’s Cherry Coke up
Ordering parts for their own shit when they owe money

And the final straw that broke the camels back-
Asking for money to take the day off (When they still owe from an advance)

Now I am a cool extraterrestrial but that is just flat out wrong and I don’t care what galaxy your from. This my friends is why they say “Good help is hard to find”. Was someone saying something about some wet-back Iraqi’s just north of the Rio?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
sunk cost buddy, let him loose!

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 11:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's not greedy, that's dumb. Time to let them be lazy and sponging on someone else's dime.

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: And what was left was what was guilt was what u gave to me
Location: A cavalcade of strangers came to tear ur world apart
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1728 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Remember unemployment. Let him go immediately lest he foul things up or steals.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 02:42 PM

He said he was going to work for Labor ready because they pay him at the end of every day. I told him that was a good idea, and when they pay him to bring me the $30 he owes me.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 06:55 PM
I fire for lot less. I only give one chance and on their second same offense they are gone. No exceptions!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 07:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2006
Quoted: 452 Post(s)

What took you so long ?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Well I had to be sure all of the real hard ball-busting grunt work was done first. When he first started he busted ass and was real hard working. It was nice to have someone cleaning up all the time and such but after awhile I had to spend all that time I was saving staying on top of him and then it just got to the point to where he would just sit down and try to talk my ear off while I was doing things at the desk, or complain about having to go home to his woman. The real kicker was when he told me I spent too much time on the computer. At that point the gloves were off and I asked him if he would like to sit at the computer and pay me to do his work. He didn’t know what to say about that. I then explained to him that a well qualified person like himself would have no problems finding a job.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 11:30 PM
worst mod in BW history
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I relished shit canning ne'er-do-wells. Made my week. 'Specially the fuckers who thought they were irreplaceable.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 03:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I think the toughest situation I've had was canning a guy over sexual harassment. He was a hard worker, knew his shit inside and out, but he just couldn't stop making this one women's life miserable. He hounded her for dates, even tho he himself is married, and when she wouldn't tumble he harassed her in a number of ways. I fired the guy after becoming aware of the situation, I simply cannot afford the liability. Our investigation produced irrefutable proof the guy was engaging in harassing this woman, and when we confronted him, we had decided before hand that if the guy came clean and admitted what we had found out was true, we would allow him to keep his job if he formally apologized in writing to the woman and she was willing to accept it. Instead, he tried to lie his way out of it. So we fired his ass. I have learned since then the guy is financially ruined now. I simply cannot understand why a guy in his fifties would put his job and his marriage on the line in a stupid attempt to get some strange. It was a tough call.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: