U.S. demands Pakistan act against militants, threatens intervention - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 09:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
Knock off the insults. Coherent arguments would be better.
What would you know about "coherent arguments?"

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
post #83 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
What makes you think George W. Bush WOULDN'T see fit to send American troops into Waziristan and the mountains of Pakistan at this point?
GOOD QUESTION! You DO have a point but then we are talking about Bush, the same man who started an immoral, illegal, and and unethical war based on lies instead of going after the real culprits in Afghanistan. George Bush is the reason why Al Qaeda and the Taliban is strong again as BUSH let them relax by starting the other war while only deploying and anemic and an impotent force in Afghanistan.
As far as our troops going in there, it would be one of the biggest blunders since Vietnam. Pakistan is a country of 250-300 million people. I personally believe and I don't have the data (on my personal observance since I lived there for a few years) is that roughly 30-40% of the population are very hard-line Muslims with over half of these nearing fanaticism coupled with ignorance and lack of knowledge. If we were to go to Waziristan/Pakistan these people will DEFINITELY see it as another attack on a Muslim country and therefore Jihad will be called. I would NOT at all be surprised to see 1-3 MILLION of these Pakistanis show up to fight the Americans. It would be a disaster for our country.
I believe that Bush's policies are the root cause of where we are and frankly I do not believe that the war on Terror can or will be won now, ESPECIALLY now. We have only Bush to thank. Instead of sending 250K troops to Iraq and only sending 30K-45K troops in Afghanistan we now as educated citizens KNOW what Bush was thinking. He never really cared about terror, he just wanted to attack and occupy Iraq and used 9-11 as an excuse to do it. If he had been REALLY serious about the war on terror, he would have sent 250K troops in Afghanistan and they actually WOULD HAVE been able to kill/capture ALL the terrorists there and would have caught Osama and Co. and the leadership of the Taliban, Mullah Omar and his cronies.
Our country cannot fight 2 wars at the same time as we don't have enough soldiers nor resources for that. Bush should have finished the war in Afghanistan and THEN could have gone to Iraq and by then it would have most probably been proven about the absence of WMDs and would have avoinded the lgreat loss of life/Holocaust in Iraq. I believe this whole effort now is useless and in vain.
Yes, Bush in fact COULD send his troops into Pakistan because HE has nothing to loose. None of his family members are on the ground fighting. I actually believe Bush IS stupid enough to try it.
Another thing you forget is that when the war in Afghanistan started, most of the Pakistani troops were on the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan. There were 2 reasons for this. One reason was that they would annihilate/kill/capture any Talibanis or Al Qaeda that fled Afghanistan into Pakistan and the other reason was to cover the Americans' backs by holding off millions of radical Pakistanis from crossing into Afghanistan to slaughter our troops. You remember, it was in those exact same days that Pakistan caught the most of the Al Qaeda and Talibans and handed them over to the States.
It would be a disaster and would cause an extreme loss of life on our side if we went in there, sadly Bush doesn't give a damn.

Last edited by Designo_E320; 07-20-2007 at 12:48 PM.
post #84 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I can't read red, it makes my eyes bleed.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #85 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Designo_E320

Pakistan rejects U.S. action on militants on its soil

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
Pakistan rejects U.S. action on militants on its soil
Pakistan rejects U.S. action on militants on its soil - Yahoo! News

"Whatever counter-terrorism action is to be taken inside Pakistan, it will be taken by our own security forces. This has been and remains the basis of our cooperation with the U.S."

Last edited by Designo_E320; 07-20-2007 at 12:12 PM.
post #86 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Designo_E320

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
I can't read red, it makes my eyes bleed.
Sorry, changed to blue 4 u
post #87 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
GOOD QUESTION! You DO have a point but then we are talking about Bush, the same man who started an immoral, illegal, and and unethical war based on lies instead of going after the real culprits in Afghanistan. George Bush is the reason why Al Qaeda and the Taliban is strong again as BUSH let them relax by starting the other war while only deploying and anemic and an impotent force in Afghanistan.
As far as our troops going in there, it would be one of the biggest blunders since Vietnam. Pakistan is a country of 250-300 million people. I personally believe and I don't have the data (on my personal observance since I lived there for a few years) is that roughly 30-40% of the population are very hard-line Muslims with over half of these nearing fanaticism coupled with ignorance and lack of knowledge. If we were to go to Waziristan/Pakistan these people will DEFINITELY see it as another attack on a Muslim country and therefore Jihad will be called. I would NOT at all be surprised to see 1-3 MILLION of these Pakistanis show up to fight the Americans. It would be a disaster for our country.
I believe that Bush's policies are the root cause of where we are and frankly I do not believe that the war on Terror can or will be won now, ESPECIALLY now. We have only Bush to thank. Instead of sending 250K troops to Iraq and only sending 30K-45K troops in Afghanistan we now as educated citizens KNOW what Bush was thinking. He never really cared about terror, he just wanted to attack and occupy Iraq and used 9-11 as an excuse to do it. If he had been REALLY serious about the war on terror, he would have sent 250K troops in Afghanistan and they actually WOULD HAVE been able to kill/capture ALL the terrorists there and would have caught Osama and Co. and the leadership of the Taliban, Mullah Omar and his cronies.
Our country cannot fight 2 wars at the same time as we don't have enough soldiers nor resources for that. Bush should have finished the war in Afghanistan and THEN could have gone to Iraq and by then it would have most probably been proven about the absence of WMDs and would have avoinded the lgreat loss of life/Holocaust in Iraq. I believe this whole effort now is useless and in vain.
Yes, Bush in fact COULD send his troops into Pakistan because HE has nothing to loose. None of his family members are on the ground fighting. I actually believe Bush IS stupid enough to try it.
Another thing you forget is that when the war in Afghanistan started, most of the Pakistani troops were on the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan. There were 2 reasons for this. One reason was that they would annihilate/kill/capture any Talibanis or Al Qaeda that fled Afghanistan into Pakistan and the other reason was to cover the Americans' backs by holding off millions of radical Pakistanis from crossing into Afghanistan to slaughter our troops. You remember, it was in those exact same days that Pakistan caught the most of the Al Qaeda and Talibans and handed them over to the States.
It would be a disaster and would cause an extreme loss of life on our side if we went in there, sadly Bush doesn't give a damn.
I would not be so much worried about Pakistan sending 1-3 Million troops against the US [although they could muster up that kind of troop strength since their primary battle strategy has been against India]. I would be much more concerned, considering the lack of stability within the Pakistani military that we could be the recipient of a tactical nuclear shot to either our forces in Afghanistan, Iraq, or the Gulf, all within range of their missiles.

While Pakistan’s “established” government would not do something like that, rogue forces who want to topple the current regime have access to enough of the military to make that option happen.

It is why the only way we can go into Pakistan now, since Musharraf is weakened, is with permission from his government. Anything else has the potential to trigger a domino effect that includes a toppling of his government and takeover by rogue military that fully support the Taliban AND have fully functioning, tested Nuclear weapons.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #88 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
What about India getting into this game? I smell a World War

post #89 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
This is the war we should have six years ago. Our enemies have now had six years to prepare for it while Bush and Cheney had their heads up their asses in Iraq. Now we have al Queda to deal with as well. Numerous people who post here predicted exactly that. What a clusterfuck and a half.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #90 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Designo_E320

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I would not be so much worried about Pakistan sending 1-3 Million troops against the US [although they could muster up that kind of troop strength since their primary battle strategy has been against India]. I would be much more concerned, considering the lack of stability within the Pakistani military that we could be the recipient of a tactical nuclear shot to either our forces in Afghanistan, Iraq, or the Gulf, all within range of their missiles.

While Pakistan’s “established” government would not do something like that, rogue forces who want to topple the current regime have access to enough of the military to make that option happen.

It is why the only way we can go into Pakistan now, since Musharraf is weakened, is with permission from his government. Anything else has the potential to trigger a domino effect that includes a toppling of his government and takeover by rogue military that fully support the Taliban AND have fully functioning, tested Nuclear weapons.
I DID NOT say Pakistani troops. I was talking about 1-3 million Pakistani citizens, most probably armed with AK-47s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in