U.S. demands Pakistan act against militants, threatens intervention - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 05:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Can Jayhawk respect other people's point of view without the use of some ultimatum?
"...ultimatum?" Do you even know what that means???

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 05:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
"Do you not understand the BASIC tenants of Democracy? Freedom to speak your mind, to descent, to question elected leaders and not fear reprisals are the very foundation of this country..." BUT to publicly disrespect our President and our military in a time of war is usually considered TREASON! Treason - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tell me how you are not included in the liberal/Wikipedia definition of TREASON...
First, I have never said a word, not one about my Country, one that I have spent time in the swamps of Vietnam for and the Clear definition of Treason is "In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation". I have, on more times than I can count said, printed, texted, emailed, faxed, posted words against this Administration which is not the same, under ANY definition as this Country. As fully protected speech under the Constitution of the United States it is the antithesis of Treason. I will continue to do so daily until he, and those like him who have damaged our Constitution are gone.

Should you need help with the big words in the Treason Wiki I will be more than happy to school you on each and every one. You need to quit listening to el Rushbo and his mental midgets as they throw these words around as if they had no meaning. Take a few minutes, read the Wiki, then read the Constitution, a history book, a civics book and figure out exactly what direction you have been coming from. It has not been from this Democratic Republic.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #73 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 05:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
First, I have never said a word, not one about my Country, one that I have spent time in the swamps of Vietnam for and the Clear definition of Treason is "In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation". I have, on more times than I can count said, printed, texted, emailed, faxed, posted words against this Administration which is not the same, under ANY definition as this Country. As fully protected speech under the Constitution of the United States it is the antithesis of Treason. I will continue to do so daily until he, and those like him who have damaged our Constitution are gone.

Should you need help with the big words in the Treason Wiki I will be more than happy to school you on each and every one. You need to quit listening to el Rushbo and his mental midgets as they throw these words around as if they had no meaning. Take a few minutes, read the Wiki, then read the Constitution, a history book, a civics book and figure out exactly what direction you have been coming from. It has not been from this Democratic Republic.
Wake up! Pay attention:
"Do you not understand the BASIC tenants of Democracy? Freedom to speak your mind, to descent, to question elected leaders and not fear reprisals are the very foundation of this country..." BUT to publicly disrespect our President and our military in a time of war is usually considered TREASON! Treason - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tell me how you are not included in the liberal/Wikipedia definition of TREASON...

post #74 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 06:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Wake up! Pay attention:

Apparently you have lost touch. Sorry.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #75 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
It's funny how some people convieniently forget that the previous administration stated the same things as Bush & Co. has/have. Of course that really doesn't matter much since they weren't Republicans.
The Brits and even the French seem to be standing by those same lies, strange how that is, isn't it.................. I guess the whole world must be wrong, and the Marxists here in the States are right as usual.......
It is ludicrous reading your persistent "recollections" of events and statements that did not happen. We have been down this path before - the previous administration did not find the evidence warranted an invasion, and, based on the evidence of today after the present administration did, it is abundantly clear the previous administration was correct.

Just like the Germans and the French. No Germans or French supported the invasion of Iraq. That says a lot more than anything you are suggesting but cannot provide evidence that supports your innuendo and attempts to mislead.

Jim
post #76 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
I have never said, nor do I believe, that no mistakes were made. Only a fool could imagine an undertaking such a huge and complex proportions being conducted w/out some mistakes. But to accuse our President and/or our military and/or our country (all of which has been done here) is not only wrong, but not many years ago would have been considered treasonous. It has nothing to do w/ anyone "disagreeing w/ President Bush, it has to do what most real patriots consider treason against the USA!
I have yet to see anyone mistake the criticism here for Bush's failed policies, embodied by the quagmire in Iraq, with a criticism of "our military" or "our country" or anything other than the failed policies of a failed Presidential administration. Your hearkening back to the "old days" is also a fallacy. Maybe the "good old days" for you were centered around Joe McCarthy's heyday. But that was about the only time in our history when exercising your rights guaranteed to you as a citizen of the United States by the Constitution might have been truly considered treasonous by a government official with a similarly unbalanced view of life as you have demonstrated.

Get it straight Jaybaugh - Bush invented the war on terror and is solely responsible for the horror in Iraq being perpetrated in the name of America. This makes him directly responsible for inventing the response we have mustered, and the results of that response. So far it looks like we spent more than 3600 American soldiers' lives, orders of magnitudes more Iraqis, and more than half a trillion dollars to bring Al-Qaeda to a point where they are more capable of attacking us than they were in the summer of 2001. By all accounts, truly a disaster, and all of Bush's design. He needs to be booted, and his policies need to be cancelled. The sooner the better.

I cannot believe you actually buy the bs you spew. Start a war of choice to make criticism unpatriotic? What kind of bs is that? Then manipulate the Congress with the persistent drumbeat of fear, grab unprecedented executive powers, abuse the Constitution, all in the name of necessary steps to secure safety? It is scary that people would suggest this is not the path Hitler used to rise to power. Jim
post #77 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
I have yet to see anyone mistake the criticism here for Bush's failed policies, embodied by the quagmire in Iraq, with a criticism of "our military" or "our country" or anything other than the failed policies of a failed Presidential administration. Your hearkening back to the "old days" is also a fallacy. Maybe the "good old days" for you were centered around Joe McCarthy's heyday. But that was about the only time in our history when exercising your rights guaranteed to you as a citizen of the United States by the Constitution might have been truly considered treasonous by a government official with a similarly unbalanced view of life as you have demonstrated.

Get it straight Jaybaugh - Bush invented the war on terror and is solely responsible for the horror in Iraq being perpetrated in the name of America. This makes him directly responsible for inventing the response we have mustered, and the results of that response. So far it looks like we spent more than 3600 American soldiers' lives, orders of magnitudes more Iraqis, and more than half a trillion dollars to bring Al-Qaeda to a point where they are more capable of attacking us than they were in the summer of 2001. By all accounts, truly a disaster, and all of Bush's design. He needs to be booted, and his policies need to be cancelled. The sooner the better.

I cannot believe you actually buy the bs you spew. Start a war of choice to make criticism unpatriotic? What kind of bs is that? Then manipulate the Congress with the persistent drumbeat of fear, grab unprecedented executive powers, abuse the Constitution, all in the name of necessary steps to secure safety? It is scary that people would suggest this is not the path Hitler used to rise to power. Jim
I know you are desperate to "believe" that President Bush is the root of all evil and that he caused terrorism worldwide, but even an idiot like you has to know that this war is not of his making. The difference is that when the terrorists attacked us on 9/11 President Bush said we are going to return the favor by taking it to them--which he has done, in spades. I think they terribly underestimated what our response would be. Bush took it to a whole new level and that has produced shock and awe throughout the Muslim world--providing terrorists worldwide and liberals in the US w/ ammunition to personally attack the President of the United States. Everyone here and in the Muslim world (all over the world) was expecting a Clintonesque response--two missiles up a camel's ass.

Well that isn't what happened, is it? And as a result is the terrorists--abroad and in this country--have jumped on the Bash Bush bandwagon--the terrorists abroad to inflict their brand of culture and religion on the world and the terrorist (sympathizers) here for purely partisan political reasons to destroy the President and win the WH and Congress in '08. Are you w/ me so far?

As a result, the cockroaches are coming out of the "woodwork" here and abroad. At least the terrorists abroad have evil but "honest" reasons for their actions. The same cannot be said for the political partisans in this country. Their motives are equally evil, but politically motivated. Politics has twisted the fact that our enemies started this war long before 9/11. Terrorists bombed the World Trade Center in 1993. They hit the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia in 1996, U.S. Embassies in East Africa in 1998 and the USS Cole in 2000. All the while, Osama bin Laden was advocating war against the US and building a terror network from camps in Afghanistan.

The most astonishing argument is the claim the US or the Bush administration is responsible for this terror wave. Terrorists are responsible for terror, period!

Only you ane Rosie believe President Bush started this ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 911-2.jpg (11.3 KB, 40 views)

post #78 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
Let me make one thing EXTREMELY clear to all of you Bush loving RepubliCUNTS (fans of G.I.JOE and Rocky). Pakistan AIN'T no Iraq. If the US army goes into those mountains, we will suffer 10X the casulties we are suffering now. Our guys would be coming home in body bags/caskets faster than we could bury them. It AIN'T no joke. We thought Vietnam was hell, wait till we cross the border into Pakistan. Our boys WILL get their asses kicked/killed! They can't fight with the Pakistani mountain/tribal men no matter how sophisticated our weapons are.
I kinda wish we actually DO go into Pakistan JUST for this reason. It will put an end to this war REAL quick!
What makes you think George W. Bush WOULDN'T see fit to send American troops into Waziristan and the mountains of Pakistan at this point?

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #79 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
You have a "bankrupt" mind! Get a grip!!
Knock off the insults. Coherent arguments would be better.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #80 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 01:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
It is ludicrous reading your persistent "recollections" of events and statements that did not happen. We have been down this path before - the previous administration did not find the evidence warranted an invasion, and, based on the evidence of today after the present administration did, it is abundantly clear the previous administration was correct.
What's even more ludicrous is your refusal to recall the events that DID happen, and that the previous administration refused to act on. What's clear Jim is that if the previous administration had acted decisively, and not only in a manner calculated to deceive the public we wouldn’t be in the place we are today. The only thing that is clear is that they dropped the ball far too many times to say that they were correct about anything.

Quote:
Just like the Germans and the French. No Germans or French supported the invasion of Iraq. That says a lot more than anything you are suggesting but cannot provide evidence that supports your innuendo and attempts to mislead.
Jim
Please point out where I stated anything about the Germans.
The French did not support the invasion because they didn’t want anyone to find out that they, along with the Germans, were helping to rearm Iraq. I guess you’ll say that didn’t happen either huh?
Your denial of events is just as ridicules to me as my supposed false recollections are to you…

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in