U.S. demands Pakistan act against militants, threatens intervention - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
Yes Bush is retarded, you got a problem with that?
Of course that would only be your opinion, but it explains a lot about you and your attitude..............

Quote:
Why am I not surprised that a hypocrite Republican like you would have a Mexican slave?
I'm not a hypocrite; I think everybody should own a few........... Isn't Maryland known as a welcoming State for illegals?

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
The Dems have a majority on both sides, and they still can't do anything except line their pockets. (There is a bill to raise their salaries in the House now.)
What have they done that is as "Progressive" as their "new" name?
The voters will decide the fait of the Republicans when they vote in November, but it’s really funny how even if the Republicans don’t have control, it’s still their fault that things go wrong……….. Maybe the Democraps should get better leadership, of perhaps learn from the Republicans about how to force things through Congress controlled by the minority power?
Don't be so selective, there, the Republicans wrote the book on "lining their pockets" while the Democrats aren't shy about it either.

Each side should ultimately be beholden to the wishes of its constituents, rather than "forcing things through" Congress, as you say.

The Republican conundrum in Congress today stems in large part from the blind support of a failed Republican Presidential war policy and a disconnect with a constituency that save for a small number of diehards, no longer supports it.

Regardless of how well the battles in Baghdad are going, these days, a an honest reconsideration of the whole war effort, and its global effects on security, need to be reassessed. Just as in the lesson of the Tet offensive in 1968 in Vietnam.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #43 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
You claim you are "winning the war on terror", yet what is really happening is that it is spreading to places it never existed before. How is that "winning"? Iraq is now reported to be exporting terrorists, into America. Why did you people make that possible? And a new CIA report calls Iraq Al Queda's "biggest recruiting tool". Tell me, how is that "winning"? How exactly is this strategy paying off?

Insert typical Jayhawk non-answer here:
I know you are desperate to "believe" that President Bush is the root of all evil and that he caused terrorism worldwide, but even an idiot like you has to know that this war is not of his making. The difference is that when the terrorists attacked us on 9/11 President Bush said we are going to return the favor by taking it to them--which he has done, in spades. I think they terribly underestimated what our response would be. Bush took it to a whole new level and that has produced shock and awe throughout the Muslim world--providing terrorists worldwide and liberals in the US w/ ammunition to personally attack the President of the United States. Everyone here and in the Muslim world (all over the world) was expecting a Clintonesque response--two missiles up a camel's ass.

Well that isn't what happened, is it? And as a result is the terrorists--abroad and in this country--have jumped on the Bash Bush bandwagon--the terrorists abroad to inflict their brand of culture and religion on the world and the terrorist (sympathizers) here for purely partisan political reasons to destroy the President and win the WH and Congress in '08. Are you w/ me so far?

As a result, the cockroaches are coming out of the "woodwork" here and abroad. At least the terrorists abroad have evil but "honest" reasons for their actions. The same cannot be said for the political partisans in this country. Their motives are equally evil, but politically motivated. Politics has twisted the fact that our enemies started this war long before 9/11. Terrorists bombed the World Trade Center in 1993. They hit the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia in 1996, U.S. Embassies in East Africa in 1998 and the USS Cole in 2000. All the while, Osama bin Laden was advocating war against the US and building a terror network from camps in Afghanistan.

The most astonishing argument is the claim the US or the Bush administration is responsible for this terror wave. Terrorists are responsible for terror, period!

How's that for a "non-answer?"

Don't believe everything you think
post #44 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
OOPS! Little mistake there. Al Qaeda wasn't in Iraq when the US troops invaded it in 2003. That came afterwards.

(Like Hezbollah in Lebanon.)

Al Qaeda was in AFGHANISTAN! The full wrath and fury of the US ARMY should have been directed THERE! And possibly into Pakistan if the Taliban sought refuge there.

Instead Bush & Co. cooked up the WMD and peddled that story, which as we know now was a fairy tale.
Both you and that stupid argument are BoguS!!! Read my reply to Mr. Hatred above...

post #45 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
What have they done that is as "Progressive" as their "new" name?............
I think it was a typo: They meant to say Regressive not Progressive. The Republicans are the only Progressive element in the U.S. Congress today!

post #46 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
Just as in the lesson of the Tet offensive in 1968 in Vietnam.
I guess the lesson there would be that even if you win, the media can and will make it look like you lost..............

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #47 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Here are a few updates on Pakistan:
Pakistan criticizes U.S. terror warning

Militants behead 'US spy'

Like I said, it's starting to look like Iraq even without our direct occupation so what will this place look like when we walk into Islamabad and drape our US flag on Musharraf's statue, lose control and let the people have a looting party? Can anyone guess which ministries will not be looted?

post #48 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
It's starting to look more like Iraq

Dozens killed in Pakistan blasts

post #49 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 12:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
It's starting to look more like Iraq

Dozens killed in Pakistan blasts
heh, heh.......at this stage, drew, an over-statement! Currently, no global situation can be compared to the fiasco in Iraq! heh, heh.....
post #50 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 12:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
I wouldn't mind invading Pakistan.

My former CIO was from Pakistan.

He replaced a nice all-American lady who used to be a CIO.

CEO felt he needed to show the investors he had a big shop in Pakistan doing computer work (sic!, yes) for him.

Oh man did that Pakistani CIO SUCK big big way!!

I'd say, invade them, now.

No more Pakistani CIOs for me.
That settles it then.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in