LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
I believe the Intelligence Committee has both R's and D's in it's make up are you saying Bush had all the Dem's in his pocket as well?
I don't think it matters any more who were on the list. This Iraq fiasco clearly shows this country needs a major political party upheaval. This two party system is taking us down a bunny trail to nowhere, and finger pointing is only taking time and energy from dealing with real issues.

Both members of the party have totally forgotten their sworn duties. Time for a third, fourth, or even fifth party in the ballet. Politicians should serve the American people first, not the other way around.

And Bruce, invading Iraq is not helping a safer America. Regardless of your party line and opinion. Studies just came out in the last few days the jihadists are more dangerous and determine to fight us. Time to stop lying to ourselves.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Van_Thach
But if those are you aspirations you have every right to feel that way and utilize your government representatives as well as your fundamental rights as a citizen of the United States to notify them of your political views to make the changes necessary to protect the civil liberties of the American people and protect our nation.
James,
I think at this very moment, illegal aliens and criminals have more rights than the law binding tax paying citizens.

What this government representatives are you referring? Unless I belong to some powerhouse interest group, do you honestly think they listen to me? Or the thousands of me? Or the tens of thousands of me?

I also believe your CiC took away the American civil liberties on 9/12/2001.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:52 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
I suggest you look back at what your previous Democrat administration stated, which co-incidentally is the same as what the current Republican administration has stated in the past.
If Bush lied then so did every on else over the past 20 years. It's as plain as the nose on you face. Even Hillary stated she thought the war was the right thing to do, up until the time she stated she didn't. That may change though....
To add to that, I believe the Intelligence Committee has both R's and D's in it's make up are you saying Bush had all the Dem's in his pocket as well?
Just as a reminder, here's who was on that committee:

U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence

Levin, Feinstein, and Rockefeller are hardly Repub friendly folks are they, and at least Rockefeller has been on that committee for quite a while. They seemed to back Bush didn’t they…………………
If Bush lied, then he had a lot of Democrat back up to help him along.... Not ONE of those people stood up and said ANYTHING that countered what Bush stated. You might note that John Edwards was on the committee at that time. Who's the liar again?

Oh, by the way, my hole isn't stinky, I wash it once a year whether it needs it or not........
So you think these Democrats and Republican LAW MAKERS gathered the intelligence? Since you know so much name me the main players that were feeding us the bullshit that we "needed" to make a case for war...
Let me help you, let's start with Ahmad Challabi; oh who did it turn out he worked for?
Let me help you some more, the CIA that had NO OPERATIVES in Iraq, brilliant!
How about pressure on Congress from AIPAC, Bush, Chenney and the neocon machine to make a case for war? Oh no that can't be

post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
I don't think it matters any more who were on the list. This Iraq fiasco clearly shows this country needs a major political party upheaval. This two party system is taking us down a bunny trail to nowhere, and finger pointing is only taking time and energy from dealing with real issues.

Both members of the party have totally forgotten their sworn duties. Time for a third, fourth, or even fifth party in the ballet. Politicians should serve the American people first, not the other way around.

And Bruce, invading Iraq is not helping a safer America. Regardless of your party line and opinion. Studies just came out in the last few days the jihadists are more dangerous and determine to fight us. Time to stop lying to ourselves.
The intelligence committee was fed nothing but cooked up crap, just like the rest of us. A big. old fashioned style TEXAS SHIT SANDWICH!

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:54 AM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
The intelligence committee was fed nothing but cooked up crap, just like the rest of us.
Yep, see my response above

post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

My point is, not all our Congressmen are smart. And most probably have no clue except fattening their bank accounts. And I believe most really don't give a rat's ass. They are nothing more than gerbils on a treadmill. They vote for whatever the majority tell them to.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:02 AM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
My point is, not all our Congressmen are smart. And most probably have no clue except fattening their bank accounts. And I believe most really don't give a rat's ass. They are nothing more than gerbils on a treadmill. They vote for whatever the majority tell them to.
Let's have some fun: name a few lobbies that spin the gerbil wheel

post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
So you think these Democrats and Republican LAW MAKERS gathered the intelligence? Since you know so much name me the main players that were feeding us the bullshit that we "needed" to make a case for war...
Let me help you, let's start with Ahmad Challabi; oh who did it turn out he worked for?
Let me help you some more, the CIA that had NO OPERATIVES in Iraq, brilliant!
How about pressure on Congress from AIPAC, Bush, Chenney and the neocon machine to make a case for war? Oh no that can't be
Prof, you really need to pull your head out.
There are something in the neighborhood of 17 intel gathering agencies, the Intel Committee is supposed to sort through that and come up with some sort of answer. Like I said, and you don’t seem to be able to refute is that this same data has been coming in for the last 16 plus years or so. AGAIN the CLINTONS and Gore stated the same things that Bush did, but you continue to hold only Bush responsible for the data that the committee received, WHY?
The CIA had no operatives in Iraq, OK why? Maybe because other administrations had previously gutted the CIA among organizations by stating they were no allowed to deal with criminal types…………. How stupid is that, and BUSH DIDN”T do that. Who did?
The case for war was made a long time ago, Bush 1 stopped before he should have. If he had gone to Baghdad, and not stopped ‘til he got there, the Arabs would have had to police this mess on their own.
Sorry Prof, you’re losing this one, you are flat out wrong.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
The intelligence committee was fed nothing but cooked up crap, just like the rest of us. A big. old fashioned style TEXAS SHIT SANDWICH!
You may be right, but if that's the case, your pals the Dems served it up starting at least 10 years ago.......... Chow down butt wipe.................

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 AM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
It was on BushII watch that the intel was compiled Bruce. It's his responsibility and eventually he is liable for the interpretation of the intel but right now you are giving him a way out because your are a simple partisan tool unless you can prove to us that you can think on your own

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in