GMISBEST was closer than we thought - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 05:25 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,233
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Well it was done back in the 80's I can tell you that for sure! Just how old are you? 20?
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 05:37 PM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Well it was done back in the 80's I can tell you that for sure! Just how old are you? 20?
From Wiki:

"Fish-and-chips shops traditionally wrapped their product in an inner white paper wrapping and an outer insulating and grease-absorbing layer of newspaper or blank newsprint, though nowadays the use of newspaper has largely ceased on grounds of hygiene, and establishments often use food-quality wrapping paper instead - occasionally printed on the outside to emulate newspaper*."

*For the dumb-fuck tourists.

I can tell you, I have never seen genuine s/h newspaper wrapped around fish and chips in London, always blank newsprint, which is still used today.
deathrattle is offline  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Alien
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
From Wiki:

"Fish-and-chips shops traditionally wrapped their product in an inner white paper wrapping and an outer insulating and grease-absorbing layer of newspaper or blank newsprint, though nowadays the use of newspaper has largely ceased on grounds of hygiene, and establishments often use food-quality wrapping paper instead - occasionally printed on the outside to emulate newspaper*."

*For the dumb-fuck tourists.

I can tell you, I have never seen genuine s/h newspaper wrapped around fish and chips in London, always blank newsprint, which is still used today.
Now that you mention it there was an inner wrapping of the sort with the exterior being newspaper. It would have always had to been like this just due to the fact of ink transfer from the oily fish. I am telling you I had fish and chips all over the UK and right on up into Scotland and every spot had the newspaper gimmick going. I myself personally would feel cheated if the next time I visit there was no more newspaper wrapped around my fish and chips.

As for “fuck the tourists”, it could be that the fish places you visit assume you can’t read from that rich strong local scallywag British accent which by the way is totally useless in here. Aye?
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:15 PM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Now that you mention it there was an inner wrapping of the sort with the exterior being newspaper. It would have always had to been like this just due to the fact of ink transfer from the oily fish. I am telling you I had fish and chips all over the UK and right on up into Scotland and every spot had the newspaper gimmick going. I myself personally would feel cheated if the next time I visit there was no more newspaper wrapped around my fish and chips.

As for “fuck the tourists”, it could be that the fish places you visit assume you can’t read from that rich strong local scallywag British accent which by the way is totally useless in here. Aye?
^^^^^^^^
And you consider this to be good and proper English? Funny guy.
deathrattle is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,420
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210
GM's design manager is without question the best looking DM in the biz.

I saw Vicki Vlachakis on The Josh Kornbluth Show last night (KQED PBS original production in the bay area) and she is quite attractive, loves cars and is well spoken. She's got it all goin' on.

I think she could also be the new "it" girl.

Wow.
That GM doesn't put her on television commercials non-stop is a testament to the ineptitude of that former industrial world superpower. Have her talk about the cars she designed, and they'd sell like hotcakes. She'd appeal to both sexes equally.

Morons. They deserve to become extinct.
Qubes is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Alien
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
^^^^^^^^
And you consider this to be good and proper English? Funny guy.
If you want to see good and proper English you should have a read of this sometime.



"Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!".
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:39 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,233
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
That is one excellent observation there QBN
DP is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
asianml's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 11,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
That GM doesn't put her on television commercials non-stop is a testament to the ineptitude of that former industrial world superpower. Have her talk about the cars she designed, and they'd sell like hotcakes. She'd appeal to both sexes equally.

Morons. They deserve to become extinct.
How have Mercury sales been since Jill Wagner showed up?
asianml is offline  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 08:20 PM
BNZ
BenzWorld Elite
 
BNZ's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2006
Location: Ye Olde Siamese Rub n' Tuggery
Posts: 6,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
.


Getting back to Fish 'n Chips'

..they taste better in newspaper, everybody knows that !
BNZ is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 08:22 PM
BNZ
BenzWorld Elite
 
BNZ's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2006
Location: Ye Olde Siamese Rub n' Tuggery
Posts: 6,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
.



Getting back to that slut at the beginning of the thread,

she deserves to be buggered by the Harlem Globetrotters ..B team !
BNZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Where is GMISBEST? ThrillKill Off-Topic 15 12-06-2006 06:58 PM
    GMISBEST-Gone but not forgotten ThrillKill Off-Topic 50 07-07-2006 02:54 PM
    gmisbest markcedes Off-Topic 26 04-03-2006 11:29 PM
    What should be do to GMISBEST? Fulcrum525 Off-Topic 56 12-13-2005 01:03 AM
    pic of GMISBEST yoseyman Off-Topic 15 12-11-2005 05:06 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome