Iraqi Prime Minister: Iraqis can keep peace without U.S. - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Always Remembered RIP
 
cascade's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Location: Grass Valley, N. Calif. / Gardnerville, Nevada
Posts: 10,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
I guess they are letting them know that

U.S. Troops Battle Iraqi Police in East Baghdad
No matter how big the surge is, it won't work if you can't even identify your enemies or allies, no matter what their uniform is, or what they wear or don't wear.


Either disarm and kill all of them and occupy the place indefinately, or get out altogether and completely.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.


"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
cascade is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 04:30 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
What our administration does not understand is the Arab culture. The decision process is controlled by neocons that don't have the Arab's interest at heart and the results show at time of application. It's simple as long as every decision concerning Iraq or anyone in that region is for the sole benefit of Israel or the oil companies they will never get the Iraqis to fully cooperate. What Iraq needs is a nationalistic approach that pushes for unity just like Jamal Abdel Nasser would have done. The US should study this character because he spoke to the Arab masses regardless of religious or ethnic affiliation. Unfortunately that would not be inline with what Israel would be comfortable with because that would potentially cause a threat if it becomes too powerful. Given the situation right now, if such a movement gathers momentum it will be powerful because the Iraqi people would welcome it and might amplify its effect to a point where the US will not be able to control its side effects which can turn against oil companies in things like oil production nationalization and such. The bottom line the welfare of Iraq might be seen as counter productive for some that are in control.

DP is offline  
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 04:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
It is what the multi-national oil companies want. They pump the oil, we cover their security costs overhead and provide troops for the bloodbath that results from their theft. They are doing it right now, as we speak.
And where are they hiding this oil?

My local prices are up for the 91 Premium, I'd like to see this oil in the pump near me after all.
maine_coon is offline  
post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 04:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
What our administration does not understand is the Arab culture. The decision process is controlled by neocons that don't have the Arab's interest at heart and the results show at time of application. It's simple as long as every decision concerning Iraq or anyone in that region is for the sole benefit of Israel or the oil companies they will never get the Iraqis to fully cooperate. What Iraq needs is a nationalistic approach that pushes for unity just like Jamal Abdel Nasser would have done. The US should study this character because he spoke to the Arab masses regardless of religious or ethnic affiliation. Unfortunately that would not be inline with what Israel would be comfortable with because that would potentially cause a threat if it becomes too powerful. Given the situation right now, if such a movement gathers momentum it will be powerful because the Iraqi people would welcome it and might amplify its effect to a point where the US will not be able to control its side effects which can turn against oil companies in things like oil production nationalization and such. The bottom line the welfare of Iraq might be seen as counter productive for some that are in control.
"Arab culture" used to exist for some time. It died shortly after reconquista was finished.

At the moment "Arab culture" is an oxymoron.
maine_coon is offline  
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 04:37 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
"Arab culture" used to exist for some time. It died shortly after reconquista was finished.

At the moment "Arab culture" is an oxymoron.
I agree, but look who I pulled out of the hat: Nasser

DP is offline  
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 05:02 PM
M44
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 1993 300CE
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
And the whole thing will work because the chumpass right wing base of easily propagandized fuckwads will always buy the line of utter horseshit put out by their politician-monkeys. The only thing that can stop them is the truth.
And that truth would be what....that 95% of Iraqi children have been partially vaccinated against polio, that schools are in operation throughout the country, or...... that we are destroying a country from within and stealing it's oil?

Gas is $3.30 here, and other than a bit of a decline in June it has been steadily rising. Where is all of this oil you speak of that we are stealing? I would really like some of it to ease the pain at the pump.

Oh and I enjoy being a fuckwad, cuz I know what is the truth and what is not, I look at both sides of the picture and laugh at how so many people can be brainwashed with " Global warming will destroy the earth!, Free Healthcare for all!" or "Iraq=oil" If THESE brainwashed fucktards would look at the reports, the facts, and even do a little field research themselves they would see how comically stupid it is to be a Liberal these days

87 300E, 163,000 miles SOLD
Current, 93 300CE coupe, 227,000 miles
98 Subaru Forester, 250,000 miles
M44 is offline  
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 06:28 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by M44
And that truth would be what....that 95% of Iraqi children have been partially vaccinated against polio, that schools are in operation throughout the country, or...... that we are destroying a country from within and stealing it's oil?

Gas is $3.30 here, and other than a bit of a decline in June it has been steadily rising. Where is all of this oil you speak of that we are stealing? I would really like some of it to ease the pain at the pump.

Oh and I enjoy being a fuckwad, cuz I know what is the truth and what is not, I look at both sides of the picture and laugh at how so many people can be brainwashed with " Global warming will destroy the earth!, Free Healthcare for all!" or "Iraq=oil" If THESE brainwashed fucktards would look at the reports, the facts, and even do a little field research themselves they would see how comically stupid it is to be a Liberal these days
Ok so if it is not oil, why did we go to Iraq?
WMD, Democracy, Saddam, world peace... Give us a reason that MAKES SENSE

DP is offline  
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 07:08 PM
M44
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 1993 300CE
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
Ok so if it is not oil, why did we go to Iraq?
WMD, Democracy, Saddam, world peace... Give us a reason that MAKES SENSE
I must admit, I am a bit confused as why exactly we entered Iraq. Al Queda was not in Iraq until after we invaded. I do believe there were WMDs, but Saddam, knowing we would invade hid them months before the invasion. I think it was a combination of things that led to the invasion. Saddam killed hundreds of thousands of his enemies in the 80s and 90s. Do not try to tell me he didn't, or try to explain for the 400,000+ bodies found in mass graves all over Iraq.

In another respect, Iraq is central in the Muslim World. No, not the Arab world, as many of you dimwits like to think, the MUSLIM world. It is an excellent place to fight terrorism. There was no cohesive plan after the initial invasion on what exactly we would do. Thus we had setbacks until we finally got hold of ourselves about a year ago. Not that we didn't make any progress in the 3 years between 03 and 06. The Iraqi Police and Army are now trained on US standards, which will help them when we leave. In fact it is interesting to note that in the recent battles between US troops and rogue Iraqi Police US troops said they were taking heavy and accurate fire. This shows that the Iraqis have been trained well.

If we had invaded Iraq for oil why did we occupy Baghdad, Mosul, Kirkuk and Basra? There is NO oil there! If this war were for oil why didn't we just occupy the Ramadi oil fields, and leave the Iraqis to fend for themselves? Because we wanted to take out Saddam and create a fledgling democracy in the Middle Eeast. Those who say Bush occupied these cities to make it look like we care have a mental disorder. They just like to think they are smarter than him, and try to show it with a massive inferiority complex.

87 300E, 163,000 miles SOLD
Current, 93 300CE coupe, 227,000 miles
98 Subaru Forester, 250,000 miles
M44 is offline  
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 08:56 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by M44
I must admit, I am a bit confused as why exactly we entered Iraq. Al Queda was not in Iraq until after we invaded. I do believe there were WMDs, but Saddam, knowing we would invade hid them months before the invasion. I think it was a combination of things that led to the invasion. Saddam killed hundreds of thousands of his enemies in the 80s and 90s. Do not try to tell me he didn't, or try to explain for the 400,000+ bodies found in mass graves all over Iraq.

There were WMDs in Iraq but it is still not clear if Iraq cleared them all in the nineties or actually managed to manufacture new ones then sent them to Syria once Saddam felt cornered right before the invasion. One thing is certain is that even if he did have WMDs he may not have had enough to have some left around even if he tried to hide them. There is NO WAY his cronies were that efficient.


In another respect, Iraq is central in the Muslim World. No, not the Arab world, as many of you dimwits like to think, the MUSLIM world. It is an excellent place to fight terrorism. There was no cohesive plan after the initial invasion on what exactly we would do. Thus we had setbacks until we finally got hold of ourselves about a year ago. Not that we didn't make any progress in the 3 years between 03 and 06. The Iraqi Police and Army are now trained on US standards, which will help them when we leave. In fact it is interesting to note that in the recent battles between US troops and rogue Iraqi Police US troops said they were taking heavy and accurate fire. This shows that the Iraqis have been trained well.


Iraq is not the center of the whole Muslim World, you are wrong. In fact Saudi Arabia is the center for All Muslims, next is Palestine. However, Iraq is an important Shiite center hence making it a very important place for Iranian pilgrims. As it turned out Iraq has become an excellent recruiting grounds for terrorism not a central place to fight them. These terrorists are spreading their deadly knowledge around the world as we speak now. Just today Pakistan got hit where a bunch of soldiers got killed. As you also point out we are doing a great job training them to kill us, hey once more the taxpayers footed the bill for this one too. Basically through this admission I hope that you realize that we are making it easier for them to hone in their skills to kill. What you see as a simply a rogue police force might be a lot deeper than that.



If we had invaded Iraq for oil why did we occupy Baghdad, Mosul, Kirkuk and Basra? There is NO oil there! If this war were for oil why didn't we just occupy the Ramadi oil fields, and leave the Iraqis to fend for themselves? Because we wanted to take out Saddam and create a fledgling democracy in the Middle Eeast. Those who say Bush occupied these cities to make it look like we care have a mental disorder. They just like to think they are smarter than him, and try to show it with a massive inferiority complex.

We could not have secured the oil field without occupying the whole of Iraq. Case in point, we did not really care about any of these cities when the lootings broke out right after our invasion. The ONLY place that we protected in Baghdad was the oil ministry, why do you think that was the case? In addition if you argue that we did not occupy Iraq because of it oil but rather to create a democracy then where is this democracy? We got Saddam but that never amounted to anything strategic don’t you think? He did not even lead a combat force to fight us, hell his retarded sons fell more valiantly to our fire. Let me also ask you this, what do you think Israel’s role was for us to invade Iraq? Don’t you think a weak a compliant Iraq is exactly what it thinks it needs to improve its chances of survival in that region? How about Chalabi that promised the Israelis with an oil pipeline if they helped his group convince the US government to topple Saddam and of course give him an opportunity for some form of leadership. He manipulated Israel which in turn used it powerful lobby in our country to exact what needed to be done; don’t tell me we don’t take orders from AIPAC because we do!
By the way did you know that he turned out to be an Iranian agent? Now can you please tell me where is that democracy again? No one really put in a real effort for democracy over there; it’s all lips service and make believe. Yeah you’re gonna say what about the purple fingers? Well? Do you see Sunnis and Shiites dancing together in the streets?
Let’s get real, we are not capable to force democracy or anything on anyone and right now we are not looking too good in front of the Koreans, the Chinese or anyone who could turn against us. Did you read the news today? Putin just reversed back some of agreements we had with Russia that kept the Cold War from turning into a colossal oven. Do you think that we are instilling respect or even fear out there? We are stuck in the mud dude in a country that was under embargo for a decade prior to our invasion and we still can’t make headways. What kind of superpower are we becoming? Where that cakewalk? Where is that mission accomplished? Show me where in all this Bush did something smart



Last edited by DP; 07-14-2007 at 08:59 PM.
DP is offline  
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 09:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
And where are they hiding this oil?

My local prices are up for the 91 Premium, I'd like to see this oil in the pump near me after all.
Production of Iraqi oil is way up, but so is demand. High gas prices are also a function of lack of refinery capacity.

But you must admit it is an odd coincidence, a President from an oil-industry dynasty family, a Vice President who lead the largest oil services company, and what do we have? The world's most perfect scenario for paradisaical days for oil companies. Massive profits. US taxpayer picking up the cost of drilling in a land loaded with easy to get, low production cost crude after they picked up the cost for bumping off the socialist dictator under the guise of fighting Islamic Fundamentalism. US consumers now totally used to paying three bucks a gallon and getting ready for four. What a coincidence, isn't it? Stick em up!

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Iraq Prime Minister Wishes He Could Quit Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 2 01-03-2007 06:49 PM
    Iraqi Prime Minister: smoking crack? FeelTheLove Off-Topic 6 07-24-2006 07:18 PM
    MY PRIME MINISTER ASSASINATED SILVER ARROW Off-Topic 203 04-28-2005 08:18 PM
    The likely new Iraqi Prime Minister Joe Bauers Off-Topic 0 02-23-2005 02:21 PM
    MY PRIME MINISTER ASSASINATED SILVER ARROW R129 SL-Class 18 02-23-2005 02:20 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome