Iraqi Prime Minister: Iraqis can keep peace without U.S. - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Sure sounds like a slam dunk for immediate withdrawl. I think it's now official that absolutely nobody wants us to be over there - those who do should be carefully scrutinized for motive.

The airlifts may begin, and the Iraqi's should be prepared to learn an important lesson entitled "Be Careful For What Your P.M. Wishes".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Sure sounds like a slam dunk for immediate withdrawl. I think it's now official that absolutely nobody wants us to be over there - those who do should be carefully scrutinized for motive.

The airlifts may begin, and the Iraqi's should be prepared to learn an important lesson entitled "Be Careful For What Your P.M. Wishes".
Oh, you know more then them? You are more qualified to decide what is better for them then they themselves? WOW
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
Oh, you know more then them? You are more qualified to decide what is better for them then they themselves? WOW
I think you're watching a different channel.

As you should be acutely aware, you can lead a jackass to water, but you can't force it to drink.

It's one thing to be unwelcomed by people who want to keep Iraq oppressed a la Saddam...it's another thing to be unwelcomed by people who want it to be free and prosperous. If they think they're ready to take it on themselves, I think that's great. I just doubt anyone there not wearing the stars & stripes on their shoulder can make that assessment accurately and objectively. Meaning, once bestowed with the title of P.M., you're not immediately a security or military genius.
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
How can we establish a permanent military occupation there and go home? This has never been about what the Iraqis want. Invaders do not accede to the wishes of their victims.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Designo_E320

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
I think you're watching a different channel.

As you should be acutely aware, you can lead a jackass to water, but you can't force it to drink.

It's one thing to be unwelcomed by people who want to keep Iraq oppressed a la Saddam...it's another thing to be unwelcomed by people who want it to be free and prosperous. If they think they're ready to take it on themselves, I think that's great. I just doubt anyone there not wearing the stars & stripes on their shoulder can make that assessment accurately and objectively. Meaning, once bestowed with the title of P.M., you're not immediately a security or military genius.
Cuban, I believe we are UNWELCOMED by ALL. Which channels do you watch? What planet are you living on? Please do research before posting stupid ass remarks that are completely baseless and are a figment of your imagination.
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 11:49 AM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I guess they are letting them know that

U.S. Troops Battle Iraqi Police in East Baghdad

post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 11:51 AM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
And they are taking their time

Iraq's parliament will be taking August off

post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 01:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
heh, heh.......PEACE! With this Term.... still at large! heh. heh........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term_bush.jpg (39.5 KB, 40 views)
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Designo_E320

Vietnam got better when we left. They united, progressed, and we are even trading with them now. American business are investing there and NO they didn't turn communist. All countries would tend to do great if America would just butt out and mind its own business and take care of Americans. This Iraqi war that cost us 100s of Billions of dollars could have been used to provide free college education to every American for years to come or provide healthcare to every American. America doesn't even seem to care for its own citizens. Bring the army back and put 'em to work building roads! Let the army earn the money it spends

Last edited by Designo_E320; 07-14-2007 at 02:03 PM.
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 03:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Maliki is the leader of the Shiites. If we left, he would be fine, the entire eastern half of Iraq would be fine, a fine Shiite state that will unite with our enemies after they are through slaughtering every Sunni in the area of Iraq known for centuries as Basra. The Sunnis will be ok too, after doing the same thing to the Shiites in the new country that will be known by it's historic name as well, Mesopotamia. It is inevitable, unless of course we trade 2,000 lives a year to keep it from happening in Bush's land of Apocalypse Forever. It is what the multi-national oil companies want. They pump the oil, we cover their security costs overhead and provide troops for the bloodbath that results from their theft. They are doing it right now, as we speak. And the whole thing will work because the chumpass right wing base of easily propagandized fuckwads will always buy the line of utter horseshit put out by their politician-monkeys. The only thing that can stop them is the truth.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 07-14-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in