BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
nope

And the National Debt Tax under Bushie is equal to all the other Presidents COMBINED, Including budget busters like WW1, WW2, VietNam etc.
Name an administration in the past century that didn't grow the size of government...

Don't believe everything you think
post #43 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 08:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Name an administration in the past century that didn't grow the size of government...
You question and the quote you posted don't exactly match so I am a bit confused as to what you are asking. If it is intended to actually reflect my post regarding the National Debt the I would say Clinton since he ran Budget Surpluses in 6/8 years and that would be a fiscal reduction of government.

If on the other hand you have different criteria for your question [and I really hate to sound like Bot by asking] please identify what you mean by size. Number of people working, budget, number of departments, size of pile of BS in DC Basin.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.

Last edited by mcbear; 07-15-2007 at 08:07 PM.
post #44 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 09:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
You question and the quote you posted don't exactly match so I am a bit confused as to what you are asking. If it is intended to actually reflect my post regarding the National Debt the I would say Clinton since he ran Budget Surpluses in 6/8 years and that would be a fiscal reduction of government.

If on the other hand you have different criteria for your question [and I really hate to sound like Bot by asking] please identify what you mean by size. Number of people working, budget, number of departments, size of pile of BS in DC Basin.
I think you know exactly what I was responding to, but here are your exact words: "Funny, the infrastructure and burgeoning bureaucracies of the Federal Government has grown more in the past six years than at any time in the history of the Republic. That would be under a Republican President, Republican Congress and Conservative SCOTUS. All part of the $5Trillion charged to the US Taxpayers over the past six years."

What I was wondering is: Exactly how many administrations since the first George W's administration have not grown the government? Another way of asking the same question is "During exactly how many administrations has the federal bureaucracy gotten smaller?"

Please feel free to answer either one--and lose those unrelated debt charts!

Don't believe everything you think
post #45 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 09:46 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Sorry about the delayed reaction, but I agree with G.S.
Same old BS with a new fake label.
Power to the sheeple.

Did you hear that the administration is being
forced by the Truth in Advertising laws to change the
government EAGLE symbol to a CONDOM?

Yes, the government today announced that it is
changing its emblem because it more accurately
reflects the government's political stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production,
destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of
pricks, and gives you a sense of security while you're
actually being screwed.
post #46 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
Sorry about the delayed reaction, but I agree with G.S.
Same old BS with a new fake label.
Power to the sheeple.

Did you hear that the administration is being
forced by the Truth in Advertising laws to change the
government EAGLE symbol to a CONDOM?

Yes, the government today announced that it is
changing its emblem because it more accurately
reflects the government's political stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production,
destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of
pricks, and gives you a sense of security while you're
actually being screwed.

WOW, that was funny. Can any one think of an administrations as bad as the one we are living through. I mean, everything, debt, war, illegal dealings?
post #47 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Even Nixon was better than this POS.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #48 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210
WOW, that was funny. Can any one think of an administrations as bad as the one we are living through. I mean, everything, debt, war, illegal dealings?
Carter era was the pits; gas lines, billy beer,double digit inflation, Iranian hostage crisis, and disco.

2006 SLK350
Something Silver

“I’m sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we’re Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”
- Hillary Clinton
post #49 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I never thought I'd live long enough to see an administration worse than that of Mr. Carter. Unfortunately, it seems I have.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #50 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I think you know exactly what I was responding to, but here are your exact words: "Funny, the infrastructure and burgeoning bureaucracies of the Federal Government has grown more in the past six years than at any time in the history of the Republic. That would be under a Republican President, Republican Congress and Conservative SCOTUS. All part of the $5Trillion charged to the US Taxpayers over the past six years."

What I was wondering is: Exactly how many administrations since the first George W's administration have not grown the government? Another way of asking the same question is "During exactly how many administrations has the federal bureaucracy gotten smaller?"

Please feel free to answer either one--and lose those unrelated debt charts!
OK, IF you assume that infrastructure and burgeoning bureaucracies require money to run AND if you assume that a growth of infrastructures and burgeoning bureaucracies requires INCREASED monies we can draw a conclusion that any administration that produced record surpluses, without utilization of massive tax increases would, by simple math have a drawn down, or at least a equalization of infrastructure. That would be implicit in the argument that an administration did not increase infrastructure and burgeoning bureaucracy.

So the answer would be Clinton and the Debt chart that you hate so much would be very much a tool to show, in graphic terms the direct correlation of smaller government/less costs. That was also the same time frame that we generated the largest economic growth in the US Economy [international also]

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in