Brief Overview of Dr. Paul's 18+ Year Congressional Record
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
Didn't know that! I thought for some reason that he was an indy
* Never voted to raise taxes.
* Never voted for an unbalanced budget.
* Never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
* Never voted to raise congressional pay.
* Never taken a government-paid junket.
* Never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
* Voted against the Patriot Act.
* Voted against regulating the Internet.
* Voted against the Iraq war.
* Does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
* Returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.
* Introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.
* Has consistently upheld the Constitution as the framework from which his voting decisions have been based.
Show me a Democratic candidate with a record this honorable (perhaps Kucinich). Hillary Clinton not only voted for the Iraq war, she actively campaigned for it on the Senate floor without even bothering to read the intelligence first. That tells me everything I need to know about her.