Reason for terrorism, war, 9-11 and justification. - Page 24 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #231 of 252 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 07:35 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 2005 CLK500 Cabrolet
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What the H*ll does this have to do with this website? You and the rest of the left wing lug nuts need to get a life. Why not take your drivel to the street, like the street people that will listen for a cheap bottle of wine. Get a Life!
tizzyfit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #232 of 252 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 07:39 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzyfit View Post
What the H*ll does this have to do with this website? You and the rest of the left wing lug nuts need to get a life. Why not take your drivel to the street, like the street people that will listen for a cheap bottle of wine. Get a Life!
Did we offend your highness?
DP is offline  
post #233 of 252 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 06:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Originally Posted by Botnst
Oh, having you explain it makes me far more sympathetic to people whose God is telling them to dynamite school buses, trains, airports, night clubs and fly airliners into civilian buildings. Thanks for clearing it up.

An historical quote from Botnst showing the chilling, cold blooded thinking of the war-loving morons who committed this atrocity. A man who claims in to live in a world of scientific logic makes a statement like this, where he claims that because some Muslims acted like this, it gave us a right to murder other Muslims who had nothing to do with it. Thank whatever God you happen to have that we have been freed of these madmen.
yet another bit of evidence, were it needed, that FTL can neither read with comprehension nor offer cogent criticism.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #234 of 252 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 06:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
We went there to:
a. show them the way to democracy and save them from a bad man
b. avenge 911
c. Saddam was going to invade the USA
d. Saddam posed a threat to Israel

Which of these is closer to reality?
E. Prevent Hussein from gaining control of 3/4ths of the world's proven oil reserves. The rest of those ... I don't give a stinking pile of FTL.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #235 of 252 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 08:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
E. Prevent Hussein from gaining control of 3/4ths of the world's proven oil reserves. The rest of those ... I don't give a stinking pile of FTL.
Except Hussein was struggling to keep Iran out of his sandbox and had no ability to gain control of any additional oil reserves. So "E" as you state it has the credibility of "F" that says to keep him from eating all the American babies born for the next 4 or 5 generations.

Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #236 of 252 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 09:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
jdc1244's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 18,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
E. Prevent Hussein from gaining control of 3/4ths of the world's proven oil reserves.
Barack or Saddam?

If the latter had he so much as put a toe into the No Fly he would have been blown to bits.

Of the many tragic results of the Iraq invasion was the loss of the No Fly Zone program ‚Äď it was working perfectly keeping Saddam in check and the Region stable.
jdc1244 is offline  
post #237 of 252 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 04:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Except Hussein was struggling to keep Iran out of his sandbox and had no ability to gain control of any additional oil reserves. So "E" as you state it has the credibility of "F" that says to keep him from eating all the American babies born for the next 4 or 5 generations.

Jim
Ah Kuwait 1991, how quickly we forget.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #238 of 252 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 04:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc1244 View Post
Barack or Saddam?

If the latter had he so much as put a toe into the No Fly he would have been blown to bits.

Of the many tragic results of the Iraq invasion was the loss of the No Fly Zone program ‚Äď it was working perfectly keeping Saddam in check and the Region stable.
"Perfectly" you say.

Do you recall what the gov of France, gov of Germany and the gov of Russia were advocating back then?

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #239 of 252 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 11:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Ah Kuwait 1991, how quickly we forget.
You are joking, right? Do you recall that Kuwait 1991 resulted in Saddam being thoroughly de-clawed. And then, after a dozen years of sanctions and no-fly zones and saber rattling to keep Iran at bay, THEN the invasion of Iraq at Bush's command was initiated, which is what the list of excuses was all about that you added that "E" reason to, the one that gives such a clear view into your psychotic perception of the world. Saddam did not pose a threat to take over any oil resources, or attack any neighbors, or the USA WHEN WE ATTACKED Iraq. 1991 was hardly a reason for the Shock and Awe campaign that spawned the "fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here" explanation of Bush's complete lack of morals.

Jim

Last edited by JimSmith; 06-14-2009 at 11:19 PM.
JimSmith is offline  
post #240 of 252 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 06:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
You are joking, right? Do you recall that Kuwait 1991 resulted in Saddam being thoroughly de-clawed. And then, after a dozen years of sanctions and no-fly zones and saber rattling to keep Iran at bay, THEN the invasion of Iraq at Bush's command was initiated, which is what the list of excuses was all about that you added that "E" reason to, the one that gives such a clear view into your psychotic perception of the world. Saddam did not pose a threat to take over any oil resources, or attack any neighbors, or the USA WHEN WE ATTACKED Iraq. 1991 was hardly a reason for the Shock and Awe campaign that spawned the "fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here" explanation of Bush's complete lack of morals.

Jim
Hussein signed a document in which he acknowledged Kuwaiti claims to territory that he said belonged to Iraq -- an oil filed IIRC. As the French, Germans, and Russians publicly became increasingly strident to lift sanctions and surreptitiously sold him contraband supplies, off of which their cronies and in Chirac's case, personally enriched themselves. Hussein again picked-up his rhetoric in which he stated that the oil rich states should use their oil as a weapon to bring the west to it's knees. That was the same goal he had when he invaded Iran and later, Kuwait. Was he joking? Making idle threats? His own history was complete with examples of why folks should take him seriously.

Note that I wrote that whole paragraph without once making a personal slur about you. In that way, we let the argument speak for itself and not blur it with what we might think about each other personally. See, I don't know you. You probably are kind to pets and handicapped people. None of that has anything to do with this particular topic, either.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    War on Terrorism Tax DP Off-Topic 3 02-07-2007 10:51 PM
    As Botnst already admits, here is the real reason for the War in Iraq FeelTheLove Off-Topic 59 01-31-2007 02:51 PM
    The real reason for the Iraq war 420 SE Off-Topic 21 01-25-2006 02:55 PM
    War on Terrorism... firstmb Off-Topic 1 12-23-2005 08:33 PM
    Anti-Iraq War Soldiers form PAC, begin airing new ad against the War FeelTheLove Off-Topic 8 10-15-2004 12:02 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome