Reason for terrorism, war, 9-11 and justification. - Page 18 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 06:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Read it again. I measured their behavior against ours, not vice-versa.

B
And for what purpose? Read it in the context of the exchange between you and "heh, heh." Red Herring.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 06:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
And for what purpose? Read it in the context of the exchange between you and "heh, heh." Red Herring.

Jim
"Heh-heh" condemns our military based on atrocities, implying that illegal behavior is part of the military toolbox. I pointed-out that our military answers to a criminal justice system for violations of the UCMJ, which itself recognizes the Geneva Conventions. Thus, misbehavior is not part of the military culture but is an aberration. Having thus been afforded the opportunity of an expanded education, a reasonable person might reconsider the blanket assumption and condemnation.

In fairness, one might consider turning that critical eye on the folks we are busy hunting and killing. I haven't seen any evidence of "Heh-heh" bothering with an objective evaluation of the murdering bastard Islamists, and in truth, haven't seen much evidence of that by anybody else on OT.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #173 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 06:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
heh, heh.....illustrations speak for themselves! heh, heh........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Torture-U.jpg (164.0 KB, 57 views)
post #174 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi
heh, heh.....illustrations speak for themselves! heh, heh........
True enough, illistrations like that show you're more of a sheep then one might have otherwise have believed.......

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #175 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:50 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Under sharia, what becomes of abortion and homosexuality?

B
They are forced to work as botanists and that's Allah's decree

post #176 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
True enough, illistrations like that show you're more of a sheep then one might have otherwise have believed.......
bah, bah......truthful illustration made point and struck home! bah, bah.....heh, heh......
post #177 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 09:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
"Heh-heh" condemns our military based on atrocities, implying that illegal behavior is part of the military toolbox. I pointed-out that our military answers to a criminal justice system for violations of the UCMJ, which itself recognizes the Geneva Conventions. Thus, misbehavior is not part of the military culture but is an aberration. Having thus been afforded the opportunity of an expanded education, a reasonable person might reconsider the blanket assumption and condemnation.

In fairness, one might consider turning that critical eye on the folks we are busy hunting and killing. I haven't seen any evidence of "Heh-heh" bothering with an objective evaluation of the murdering bastard Islamists, and in truth, haven't seen much evidence of that by anybody else on OT.

B
I agree we set our own standards and, until recently your description was pretty accurate. The Gonzales-Bush-Cheney-Rummy-Rice Agenda to make the lines of what is and is not acceptable blurry is constantly being justified by the logic you showed - diverting attention from how we meet our standards to examining others' standards. Had we not instigated the "from the top" change in standards and public rhetoric about how the Geneva Conventions don't apply or are quaint, we might have fewer of these incidents and we would surely appear to have our goals on the high road. Instead we appear to be sliding down to meet the standards of our enemies, and when called out on it, try at all levels of interactions - here on the internet and in speeches from the White House - to get the attention on "them" to make us look better. A bad situation to find America in at this stage of our history as I see it.

Be my guest and ask "heh, heh" any and all questions about the savage behavior exhibited by those we label "terrorists" that you have already noted. It is a worthwhile subject. It becomes a red herring when it is dragged out in a discussion about Americans failing to meet our standards of conduct. That is my point. Our, American, expectations for Americans in the service our country, America, is up to us to identify, train our soldiers to meet, and then respond accordingly when or if they are accused of failing to meet those expectations. We justify them to ourselves and each other based on what we find acceptable in our view of how we want to be treated by others, and how we want to be perceived by ourselves, as well as others. The standards of others represent them to the world, and if they have none, or very poor standards, there is no point associating or contrasting their standards with ours in the context of an accusation against our soldiers. It doesn't make the potential situation, that an American soldier may have failed to meet his country's standards for ethical and humane conduct as a soldier in a foreign land, any better to note other people in that land hack of heads of captured Americans, Brits, Italians, and others, while video taping the event and then post it to the internet and are not pursued as animals and made to pay for their actions, by their own countrymen.

I would be happy if the rest of the Muslims and residents of the Middle East were out policing their own. But they aren't. Why not is a good subject to discuss as it is, the way I see things, a major difference in their outlook on life and mine. Understanding that difference should be a higher priority of the Gonzales-Bush-Cheney-Rummy-Rice Agenda than it apparently is, since we have made no progress in learning how to effectively deal with this portion of the world's population. Jim
Jim

Last edited by JimSmith; 07-16-2007 at 09:22 AM.
post #178 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Under sharia, what becomes of abortion and homosexuality?

B
Abortion is not permitted and is dealt with in the same manner as murder. Abortion is ONLY permitted if the mother's life is in jeopardy and a doctor is then allowed to perform it. It not allowed even in cases of rape or sexual promiscuity as the fetus is considered innocent.
Homosexuals are put to death if they are caught committing a homosexual act and witnessed by 3 people. This law against homosexuals is basically to show the degree of hatred God has towards this. In reality, very few of them would and are put to death as homos don't invite witnesses before performing.
post #179 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 01:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
I agree we set our own standards and, until recently your description was pretty accurate. The Gonzales-Bush-Cheney-Rummy-Rice Agenda to make the lines of what is ...
You credit the President, Vice President and the Cabinet with with greater power than they have.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

post #180 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 01:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
Abortion is not permitted and is dealt with in the same manner as murder. Abortion is ONLY permitted if the mother's life is in jeopardy and a doctor is then allowed to perform it. It not allowed even in cases of rape or sexual promiscuity as the fetus is considered innocent.
Homosexuals are put to death if they are caught committing a homosexual act and witnessed by 3 people. This law against homosexuals is basically to show the degree of hatred God has towards this. In reality, very few of them would and are put to death as homos don't invite witnesses before performing.
This is a belief system that you wish for other people to embrace.

B

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in