Reason for terrorism, war, 9-11 and justification. - Page 17 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Designo_E320
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
"No other choice" is involuntary servitude. Everything else involves choices.

Either work on your English skills or work on your analytical skills, "Doctor".
I stand corrected. "No other GOOD choice" or "No BETTER choice"
How's that? When asked, people usually say, "I didn't have a choice"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #162 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 03:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
What happens to the soldiers who are accused of these crimes, violations of the Geneva Conventions?

Now in the name of intellectual honesty (to which I am certain you are an ardent adherent), contrast that with what happens to the folks on the other side when they behead civilians on TV, dynamite marketplaces full of civilians, perpetrate gas attacks against villages using hijacked tanker trucks, etc.
Why do you need to measure America's performance against standards other people set for themselves? American standards for the performance of America's soldiers while in combat are set by Americans for Americans and the performance is measured against these standards. Bringing up the lower standards of others, which do not represent the collective standards of our "enemies" any more than the atrocities committed by American soldiers represents the standard for all American soldiers, is a red herring. Maybe one you like the smell of, or enjoy the taste of, but a red herring, nonetheless. What any other asshole does if he or she is not an American, has no bearing on how Americans perceive the actions in combat or while occupying another land, by American soldiers.

What is your point in all this anyway? Trying erode the measuring stick for Americans a little? Make a little beheading or machine gunning and raping ok? What exactly is the point? Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #163 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 06:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
BadBenz94's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Location: Kankakee,IL
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Join the club, home skillet.

Thank you sir! Any suggestions to whom else may be recommended for the ignore list? lol

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
BadBenz94 is offline  
post #164 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Designo_E320
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Thank you sir! Any suggestions to whom else may be recommended for the ignore list? lol
Hey Bad, there are many republicans here, take your pick
post #165 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 09:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
BadBenz94's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Location: Kankakee,IL
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
Hey Bad, there are many republicans here, take your pick
Hey now, I cant ignore myself,can I?

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
BadBenz94 is offline  
post #166 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 04:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
Its a job. Nothing big about it. He may die. If they were volunteering without getting paid, then HELL YESS and no other profession or hobby could match the heroism. Pat Tillman, yes because he left a multi million job! But only if he did it for the love of his country. From what I hear and I am not a big sports guy, he sucked as a player so he may also have done it for other motives such as gaining notoriety but only he knew.
No, I don't put myself in the same category. I put myself in a much higher category then any soldier including one who has died as I have given up 1/3 of my life in training for the love of this profession that alleviates pain and heals humans while getting paid shit because of the broken health care system.
For a supposedly educated person, you make some incredibly ignorant comments. This one in particular backs up the comment I've heard about the MD (if indeed you have one).
I have re read your last few posts here, and along with a few others I have put you on my ignore list.
It's one thing to look to cause consternation among the population here, but your comments have gone way beyond that level. You are an insult to all that have died for this country, and a self aggrandizing jerk. If you are lucky you won't get stuck by a needle and die, but I can always hope. God knows we have enough Major Deities to go around, they are easily identified buy the BMWs, Mercedes, Lambo’s and other high end cars they buy with the money they make by fleecing the government and insurance companies. Here’s hoping your malpractice insurance isn’t enough to cover your screw ups………
.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #167 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 05:20 AM
Alien
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
They want us to leave and we don't. We are uninvited guests. Even if we were invited at one point we have over-stayed our welcome. They have asked us to leave yet we keep meddling. They do not want our culture, our democracy, or any of our corrupt moral values that plagues our society. Just look at us, the most important thing that we come down to in our society when picking our presidential candidate comes down to what his views are on abortion or his views about homosexual rights/gay marriages, etc.
The Muslim world nor the terrorists will do nothing to us or our countries unless we attack them or occupy their lands or keep them from practicing their religion. Strict Islamic Law BTW.If you do the above then they are within their religious as well as political rights to attack you where ever you are. Isn't this exactly what is happening to us now? What was 9-11? Our own doing, our punishment for our foreign policy and meddling. THINK! I repeat, 9-11 was our punishment for our foreign policy and us not getting out of their lands. We occupy their lands and drain their resources, bring corrupt moral values to their society and when they ask us to leave we don't. What else are they going to do? Have tea with us and give us a teletubbies type "big hug?" They are within their religious, political, and moral right to attack us. Now instead of crying like BITCHES, why don't we still get the message? Do we need another 9-11? It is quite simple. They want to be left alone. We forcibly go there so we can keep an eye on China and Russia and to try to disrupt their economies. After the smoke has cleared, Russia and China will be the biggest gainers. Do you think that the next generation of the Muslims in that part of the world would want to have any sort of economical ties to USA? NO. Everything will go to China. If they stop doing business with the West, China alone will be enough for them. Actually we are the ones that get thrown back to the stone age. THINK!!!The Islamic Empire was great at one time (recently) and will be great again without our "help". Can't we just leave well alone?
There is another reason that the West is really NOT interested in peace in that region because the peace would bring stability and then success. Success will in turn make it much harder for USA and West to get many of the needed professionals to come here which they desperately need and will always need especially in the coming generations. Just look how our American kids are doing in school. Brains are needed and they will have to be imported. By the East become stable and successful these brains will no longer be available to the West.
Yet another reason. An unstable Muslim world makes Israel strong so The West together with Israel would not like to see the Islamic world succeed and would rather they fight amongst themselves and to see them united. But the efforts of the West have failed mainly due to George Bush and his Cronies and this illegal war as not the Islamic world has woken up. The next generation in the Islamic world won't be so kind. I believe that we have already seen our peek. I believe that within the next 20 years, Russia and China together with the Islamic World will be a force that USA and Western Europe just will not be able to control and compete with on any level. I also believe that our downfall has begun. SAD!
Thank you for that; however your use of the word “We” is unacceptable. There is no I in team. You sir seem to have more sympathy and faith for the Arab nations and cultures than you do of your own.

Gay marriage and abortion are important issues. By your logic and mindset I assume you also feel that “if everyone was gay, then abortion would cease to be a problem”.

I think your hurtful out-of-line opinions are simply a cry for attention. Nothing more.
post #168 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Designo_E320
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Thank you for that; however your use of the word “We” is unacceptable. There is no I in team. You sir seem to have more sympathy and faith for the Arab nations and cultures than you do of your own.

Gay marriage and abortion are important issues. By your logic and mindset I assume you also feel that “if everyone was gay, then abortion would cease to be a problem”.

I think your hurtful out-of-line opinions are simply a cry for attention. Nothing more.
You didn't get the gist of what I was saying did you? Now read it again and stop felling sorry for yourself if you are in fact gay. Look at the bigger picture. Gay marriage is only important to homosexuals and abortion is only important to promiscuous individuals. If you are in neither category, you should be worried nor hurt . To have sympathy for our own nation, we must FIRST be sensible, show responsibility and sympathy to the culture/religion/people we are at war with and we MUST FIRST have an understanding about them. Please educate yourself and you will feel less threatened and scared in your everyday life. Thanks and have a great day and BTW, thanks for your post and your opinion. Your opinion nevertheless is very important
post #169 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 06:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Why do you need to measure America's performance against standards other people set for themselves? ...
Read it again. I measured their behavior against ours, not vice-versa.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #170 of 252 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 06:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
You didn't get the gist of what I was saying did you? Now read it again and stop felling sorry for yourself if you are in fact gay. Look at the bigger picture. Gay marriage is only important to homosexuals and abortion is only important to promiscuous individuals. If you are in neither category, you should be worried nor hurt . To have sympathy for our own nation, we must FIRST be sensible, show responsibility and sympathy to the culture/religion/people we are at war with and we MUST FIRST have an understanding about them. Please educate yourself and you will feel less threatened and scared in your everyday life. Thanks and have a great day and BTW, thanks for your post and your opinion. Your opinion nevertheless is very important
Under sharia, what becomes of abortion and homosexuality?

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    War on Terrorism Tax DP Off-Topic 3 02-07-2007 10:51 PM
    As Botnst already admits, here is the real reason for the War in Iraq FeelTheLove Off-Topic 59 01-31-2007 02:51 PM
    The real reason for the Iraq war 420 SE Off-Topic 21 01-25-2006 02:55 PM
    War on Terrorism... firstmb Off-Topic 1 12-23-2005 08:33 PM
    Anti-Iraq War Soldiers form PAC, begin airing new ad against the War FeelTheLove Off-Topic 8 10-15-2004 12:02 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome