BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: '09 B200, '05 Smart
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ford still can't give 'em away

Autonews

DETROIT -- Ford Motor Co. is extending its end-of-the-model-year U.S. incentives that offer buyers 0 percent loans on every 2007 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury model. Pickup and SUV buyers will get the free loan and a check for $2,007. story Published: 7/9/07 2:57 PM [REG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Ford sux. SIMPLE!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 03:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
heh, heh.....Ford! ......! heh, heh.....
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 03:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Too bad they don't offer a diesel....

OBK #35

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
trading both my cars in for a newe Mercury Grand Marquis seems so tempting as could probably snag one new for a bit north of just $18,000, and don't ask - they DON'T offer them with the De Sade option whatever it is and I wouldn't want it anyhow,

Bill Ford continues to run the company into the ground....

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by cascade; 07-09-2007 at 05:22 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 05:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 2008 Outback 2.5 XT, 1999 A4 1.8T, 1980 244 GL
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ruudje
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Autonews. DETROIT -- Ford Motor Co. is extending its end-of-the-model-year U.S. incentives that offer buyers 0 percent loans on every 2007 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury model. Pickup and SUV buyers will get the free loan and a check for $2,007. story Published: 7/9/07 2:57 PM [REG]
....And they keep on trying to sell us their rubbish 1998 model Focus, the pre WWII Ranger and of course those damn SUVs. Drove a new Focus in Europe and that's the car they need to start selling here NOW. Helloooooo Ford, anybody home?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 05:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
trading both my cars in for a newe Mercury Grand Marquis seems so tempting as could probably snag one new for a bit north of just $18,000, and don't ask - they DON'T offer them with the De Sade option whatever it is and I wouldn't want it anyhow,

Bill Ford continues to run the company into the ground....
The Gran Marquis is a 20 year old platform BUT is damned near bulletproof. Best buy, however is the Crown Vic with Police Interceptor package AND full leather interior. Not expensive, should be on the discount plan if you can find a dealer that will play [small dealer who wants numbers for allotment], 4.6L motor that is good for 150,000 miles, more aftermarket performance accessories than you can afford [think mustang] and room in the trunk for up to 5 dead hookers.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Mc Bear, thanks for that, I have looked extensively on the net and Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Marauder, and Towncar and the fact is, simply this: The Police Interceptor package is NOT available to civilians, it is sold ONLY to Law Enforcement and Government Agencies, there is no way around that, FoMoCo has a strictly enforce agreement with all its dealers about that.

The only time the public can get one is a a brand new one is damaged in transit, then ford repairs the body damage (the buyer doesn't accept the cars) and then sells it to whichever dealer wants it to resell as a used car, even with just delivery miles on it. They show up on ebay, and those cars go for a VERY high price and are ugly, too - usually an all white or black low trim car with spot lights.
The "Street Appearance Package" with the chrome, nicer interior and carpets, hubcaps and stuff like that is somtimes sold for investigators, chiefs, and people like that who can use the undercover look. But I never saw one new. Even the CVPI cars sell new for $26-32,0000 usually, not such a nice price....

It has just been announced that the public at large can't buy Crown Vics starting in 2008- they will be for fleet sales only, taxis, police and rental fleets, which make up more than half their sales anyway. A non Police Crown Vic MIGHT be available if you can find a dealer who would "fleet" you one, but most won't

They have been Fleet only in Canada, where they are built, for many years already.

Thagt leaves the Grand Marquis, which is pretty much the same car except for trim differences. The GS is the base model, and it sells for about $25,000 msrp with incentives the price goes down to about $18,000. I don't need leather seats or fancy wheels on it so one of the lesser ones might be all right.

They are bulletproof, for sure, I have owned two, cheapest to car for running costs I ever owned. No Benz feeling by any means buyt a competent car, on old technology. Tooling costs long paid off, so they can sell cheap and still profit on each one.

But the company doesn't advertise them or update them very much. Very possible they will go through 2009, and then be dropped or replaced with a whole new design.

The $7,000 rebates on them expired on 7-2 but it now looks like they may get extended.

For depreciation, they are really bad, among the worst cars around. A year old one is the best best. When I got my last one an '88 that was just 10 months old with 21k on it, it cost just $11,300. Nor bad for one that cost new, about $16,000 give or take.

Thanks. I will think some more on this. I do love the Benz though.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
Mc Bear, thanks for that, I have looked extensively on the net and Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Marauder, and Towncar and the fact is, simply this: The Police Interceptor package is NOT available to civilians, it is sold ONLY to Law Enforcement and Government Agencies, there is no way around that, FoMoCo has a strictly enforce agreement with all its dealers about that.

The only time the public can get one is a a brand new one is damaged in transit, then ford repairs the body damage (the buyer doesn't accept the cars) and then sells it to whichever dealer wants it to resell as a used car, even with just delivery miles on it. They show up on ebay, and those cars go for a VERY high price and are ugly, too - usually an all white or black low trim car with spot lights.
The "Street Appearance Package" with the chrome, nicer interior and carpets, hubcaps and stuff like that is somtimes sold for investigators, chiefs, and people like that who can use the undercover look. But I never saw one new. Even the CVPI cars sell new for $26-32,0000 usually, not such a nice price....

It has just been announced that the public at large can't buy Crown Vics starting in 2008- they will be for fleet sales only, taxis, police and rental fleets, which make up more than half their sales anyway. A non Police Crown Vic MIGHT be available if you can find a dealer who would "fleet" you one, but most won't

They have been Fleet only in Canada, where they are built, for many years already.

Thagt leaves the Grand Marquis, which is pretty much the same car except for trim differences. The GS is the base model, and it sells for about $25,000 msrp with incentives the price goes down to about $18,000. I don't need leather seats or fancy wheels on it so one of the lesser ones might be all right.

They are bulletproof, for sure, I have owned two, cheapest to car for running costs I ever owned. No Benz feeling by any means buyt a competent car, on old technology. Tooling costs long paid off, so they can sell cheap and still profit on each one.

But the company doesn't advertise them or update them very much. Very possible they will go through 2009, and then be dropped or replaced with a whole new design.

The $7,000 rebates on them expired on 7-2 but it now looks like they may get extended.

For depreciation, they are really bad, among the worst cars around. A year old one is the best best. When I got my last one an '88 that was just 10 months old with 21k on it, it cost just $11,300. Nor bad for one that cost new, about $16,000 give or take.

Thanks. I will think some more on this. I do love the Benz though.
I saw a used Marauder a couple of weeks ago in VEERY good condition that was a steal. Black on Black. Everything that the Police Crown Vics have without the hassle.

Re the Crown Vics. I know here in Kentucky there are dealers that will order a Crown Vic PI for anyone, fully loaded as a Sheriff's car. This might require a good relationship with your local County Sheriff but I don't think so. The work around that I saw occur was the car was "ordered" for the County then sold private when the county "backed out". That was a couple of years ago that car has been set up with Bilsteins, H&R Springs, Supercharger, full Recaro leather interior and performance toys that actually makes the car pretty amazing to drive. It is very much like a high performance 560SEL, including the quiet and solid feel.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Always Remembered RIP

WOW! That is amazing. It's good to know that there ways around it. I agree, the Marauder is the bes of them. It's too bad it didn't take off, 300 hp on them wasw good, but new they cost $34,000 and good used ones go for about half that. I don t know what I would do in the end. You are right about aftermarket parts out there to soup them up though. They are out there.

Jim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in