Ron Paul Passes John McCain in Second Quarter Campaign Contributions - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: And what was left was what was guilt was what u gave to me
Location: A cavalcade of strangers came to tear ur world apart
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1728 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Has anyone given serious thought to OJ Simpson? You gotta admit he is one lucky mofo.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Neither Ron nor John has a chance in hell IMO.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by cascade
There is a lot to like about Obama. He seems to be a uniter, optimistic, courageous, honest, sincere, not a machine pol, not an extremist, not beholden to corporate interests or those with a single issue agenda.

Would be a breath of fresh air after eight years of what we will have suffered.
Like it or not, here is my prediction:
If Hillary wins, then it will be a Hillary-Obama ticket and they WOULD IMO win the white house.
If Obama wins, then it will be an Obama-Edwards ticket and they too will win the white house.
NO indy or Republican has a chance for the white house this time IMO

Last edited by Designo_E320; 07-07-2007 at 10:59 AM.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ABC Bias Controversy Re Ron Paul Interview

During his recent interview with Ron Paul (R-Tex), ABC's This Week host, George Stephanopoulos, told Ron Paul that he would wager his "every cent" that the GOP presidential candidate would not become president. Ron Paul answered, "The odds are great. The odds are difficult, and I know that. But I would say that what has happened so far is about 100 times greater than I anticipated. And we don’t know the future."

Such comments from representatives of the mainstream press - minimizing Ron Paul's campaign - have once again created controversy, as can be seen by the responses to the interview on the ABC blog. But with $2.4 million in the bank and $3 million looming (as FMNN has reported) Ron Paul is well funded and will likely continue to spread his message of free-markets and a diminution of the federal leviathan.

Meanwhile, as comments that can be seen at indicate, irritation, even outrage, over the recent interview is manifest, and the increasing large number of voters who support Ron Paul continue to give lie to the perception - promoted by MSM - that it is "unbiased" and a foundational element of the "republic" as it is and should be.

Here are two comments among many ...

"George Stephanopoulos has long lost credibility as a journalist as far as I'm concerned. It's not the job of a journalist to so rudely interject such personal points of view. I'm not even a Republican and I think Ron Paul should've been given the benefit of a more professional interview. George has always been a fake, and now he's also an unprofessional bully. Maybe he should run for office in the Republican party."

"I enjoyed the opportunity to hear Dr. Paul speak. Almost every word that he speaks is consistent and makes sense. I may not agree with him but he clearly has principles and speaks honestly. His contributions to society as a member of the military, a physician, a politician, and a father deserve respect. When Jerry Springer prods with sensationalist questions it is not suprising or unexpected. When George Stephanopoulos, who claims to be a serious journalist tells Dr Paul he has no chance of winning and would bet every cent he has to that effect he lowers the political discourse of this nation to the paris hilton jerry springer level. It is a terrible thing that given an extremely well read thoughtful politician who could speak for hours on any number of issues Mr. Stephanopoulos uses the time to jibe and demean Dr. Paul. I acknowledge that Dr. Paul must have the capacity to brush past this type of treatment to win the election and that no heinous wrong was committed it shows Mr Stephanopoulos and the producers have no great commitment to debate and free thought. I will not watch this program again."

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: