Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
Martians are highly hypothetical.

On the other hand, mullahs and Russia missiles (and North Korean missiles) are very real.

You might be surprised, but there is al qaida in Iraq. Of course you will say we made it to appear in Iraq. True. Have to deal with them nevertheless.

And last time I heard Pakistan and Afghanistan are outside of US too.
You misunderstand. You have asserted that everything in the world is your business. I disagree. That doesn't mean that nothing is our business.

It must be my communication skills again......

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 06:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
You misunderstand. You have asserted that everything in the world is your business. I disagree. That doesn't mean that nothing is our business.

It must be my communication skills again......
No GS it is the attitude problem.

I never said "everything".

Look at Zimbabwe.

Look at Sierra Leone and Kongo.

Look at Tibet.

Not our problems.

But anything which is a real threat to us is our problem.

Gosh, there are quite a few. So we are not even worried about "potential" problems anymore..

Last edited by maine_coon; 07-10-2007 at 06:24 PM.
post #223 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 06:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Portion of a letter from al-Zawahiri to al-Zarqawi -- October 11, 2005

I believe these people to be sincere in their aspirations, don't you?

Bot

-------------

C-If our intended goal in this age is the establishment of a caliphate in the manner of the Prophet and if we expect to establish its state predominantly-according to how it appears to us-in the heart of the Islamic world, then your efforts and sacrifices-God permitting-are a large step directly towards that goal.

So we must think for a long time about our next steps and how we want to attain it, and it is my humble opinion that the Jihad in Iraq requires several incremental goals:

3 The first stage: Expel the Americans from Iraq.

The second stage: Establish an Islamic authority or amirate, then develop it and support it until it achieves the level of a caliphate- over as much territory as you can to spread its power in Iraq, i.e., in Sunni areas, is in order to fill the void stemming from the departure of the Americans, immediately upon their exit and before un-Islamic forces attempt to fill this void, whether those whom the Americans will leave behind them, or those among the un-Islamic forces who will try to jump at taking power.

There is no doubt that this amirate will enter into a fierce struggle with the foreign infidel forces, and those supporting them among the local forces, to put it in a state of constant preoccupation with defending itself, to make it impossible for it to establish a stable state which could proclaim a caliphate, and to keep the Jihadist groups in a constant state of war, until these forces find a chance to annihilate them.

The third stage: Extend the jihad wave to the secular countries neighboring Iraq.

The fourth stage: It may coincide with what came before: the clash with Israel, because Israel was established only to challenge any new Islamic entity.

My raising this idea-I don't claim that it's infallible-is only to stress something extremely important. And it is that the mujahedeen must not have their mission end with the expulsion of the Americans from Iraq, and then lay down their weapons, and silence the fighting zeal. We will return to having the secularists and traitors holding sway over us. Instead, their ongoing mission is to establish an Islamic state, and defend it, and for every generation to hand over the banner to the one after it until the Hour of Resurrection.

If the matter is thus, we must contemplate our affairs carefully, so that we are not robbed of the spoils, and our brothers did not die, so that others can reap the fruits of their labor.

D-If we look at the two short-term goals, which are removing the Americans and establishing an Islamic amirate in Iraq, or a caliphate if possible, then, we will see that the strongest weapon which the mujahedeen enjoy - after the help and granting of success by God - is popular support from the Muslim masses in Iraq, and the surrounding Muslim countries.

So, we must maintain this support as best we can, and we should strive to increase it, on the condition that striving for that support does not lead to any concession in the laws of the Sharia.

Cut 'n' pasted by me from: http://www.fas.org/irp/news/2005/10/...in_english.pdf

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #224 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
No GS it is the attitude problem.

I never said "everything".

Look at Zimbabwe.

Look at Sierra Leone and Kongo.

Look at Tibet.

Not our problems.

But anything which is a real threat to us is our problem.

Gosh, there are quite a few. So we are not even worried about "potential" problems anymore..
And what is a "real" threat? Hint: "real" discounts "what ifs..." For example, What if China sells missiles to Bermuda is not a "real" threat.

Is there another country on earth that can match our military might?

Is there another country on earth that has the potential to successfully invade NA?

Who provides a greater threat to whom? The U.S. to Iran or Iran to the U.S.? Does Iran have troops along our borders and threaten us with invasion or bombing, as we do to them?

If attitude is my problem, perspective is yours. Step back to a neutral corner and try a new one on for size, if even for a moment.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #225 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 06:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Is there another country on earth that can match our military might?

Is there another country on earth that has the potential to successfully invade NA?
Not at the moment. But if we do nothing there will be one soon.

Quote:
Who provides a greater threat to whom? The U.S. to Iran or Iran to the U.S.? Does Iran have troops along our borders and threaten us with invasion or bombing, as we do to them?
Iran is a threat to the US. US is and will be even bigger threat to Iran if Iran will try to finish what it started.

Quote:
If attitude is my problem, perspective is yours. Step back to a neutral corner and try a new one on for size, if even for a moment.
OK, I'll try. I promise. If even for a moment.
post #226 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Not at the moment. But if we do nothing there will be one soon.
No, there won't. Do you think China or Russia is gearing up for a military contest? They aren't. And there is no ME country that we couldn't wipe off the face of the planet in a few minutes. You are being led astray by deceptions and half-truths. For example, why do you believe we have so many (60,000?) troops in S. Korea?

Quote:
Iran is a threat to the US. US is and will be even bigger threat to Iran if Iran will try to finish what it started.
What did Iran start that we didn't provoke?

Quote:
OK, I'll try. I promise. If even for a moment.

post #227 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 07:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
No, there won't. Do you think China or Russia is gearing up for a military contest? They aren't. And there is no ME country that we couldn't wipe off the face of the planet in a few minutes. You are being led astray by deceptions and half-truths. For example, why do you believe we have so many (60,000?) troops in S. Korea?
GS, the human history is filled with the empires which considered themselves invincible. Those empires are nothing but piles of dust and scholars source of income.

Quote:
What did Iran start that we didn't provoke?
Are you telling me every fucked up bully in the world is entitled to have nukes just because he is scared of the big bad US?

Hugo Chavez, are you listening?
post #228 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
GS, the human history is filled with the empires which considered themselves invincible. Those empires are nothing but piles of dust and scholars source of income.
Exactly, which is why it is fool-hearty to attempt to build and maintain empires, especially in this day and age. It doesn't matter if they thought they were invincible or not -- they've all turned to dust. Kudos on not pulling N. Korea out of your answer bag, which couldn't hope to match S. Korea in a military contest, and that without any assistance from us.

Quote:
Are you telling me every fucked up bully in the world is entitled to have nukes just because he is scared of the big bad US?

Hugo Chavez, are you listening?
I didn't say anyone was entitled to anything. I'm just saying that we pushed and they nuclear reacted.

post #229 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Are we too good to use our military? Are we too moral to step on an ant on the pavement? Where does this end when foes do not think twice? Who is going to tell the American soldiers they died in vain? Who is going to limit rogue countries while we luxuriate in self induced solitary comfinement of our own making? What will other more outspoken and attentive nations do? Of course they will respect our wish to be left alone. Of course.

Last edited by Shane; 07-10-2007 at 10:41 PM.
post #230 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

You're starting to sound like a recording Shane, oblivious to simple and reasoned explanations. For the 234th time, no one here is suggesting that we not use our military to defend ourselves and secure our interests. What do you find so difficult about that? And why can't you separate that concept from that of an unprovoked invasion of Iraq, or U.S. sanctioned political slaughters such as the Kwangju Massacre? And why can't you understand the difference between non-intervention and isolationism? I'm sure I've explained all this before in some detail, the redundancy is becoming a bit tiresome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in