Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2008 ML 500
Location: Gold Coast, QLD, AUS & Doha, Qatar
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
You answered 65% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:
1. How many stripes are there on the U.S. flag?Correct
2. Who is the chief justice of the Supreme Court today?Alberto Gonzales is not correct.
John G. Roberts Jr.
3. In what year was the Constitution written? 1776 is not correct.
4. Which of these is guaranteed by the First Amendment? Correct
Freedom of the press
5. How many Supreme Court justices are there? 13 is not correct.
6. What are the first 10 amendments to the Constitution called? Correct
The Bill of Rights
7. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted? Correct
July 4, 1776
8. Which of the following amendments to the Constitution does NOT address or guarantee voting rights?24th Amendment is not correct.
9. What are the 13 original states?Correct
Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Rhode Island, Maryland
10. What do the stripes on the U.S. flag mean? Correct
They represent the 13 original states
11. What is the introduction to the Constitution called? Correct
12. How many changes or amendments are there to the Constitution?Correct
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the constitutional requirements to be eligible to become president? Correct
Must have served as a governor
14. Who selects the Supreme Court justices? The Senate is not correct.
They are appointed by the president. (NOTE: This is the response given on the official United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Web site. The president selects the justices; however, they must be confirmed by the U.S. Senate. If they are rejected by the Senate, then the president must choose a new nominee, who, again, is subject to Senate approval.)
15. How many representatives are there in Congress? Correct
16. Who said, "Give me liberty or give me death"? Thomas Jefferson is not correct.
17. Why did the Pilgrims come to America? Correct
For religious freedom
18. Who has the power to declare war? The president is not correct.
19. What INS form is used to apply to become a naturalized citizen?
N-400 "Application for Naturalization"
20. Which of these contains three rights or freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights? Correct
Freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion
Oh well, not too bad for an antipodean.
beware of fundamentalists
Last edited by 420 SE; 07-04-2007 at 02:49 AM.