Ron Paul Should Win New Hampshire - Latest Poll Suggests - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 08:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
I'll tell you what Dems could and should have done to assure themselves a position of power in '09. Besides standing a lot taller in regard to the war funding bill, they should have severely curtailed or eliminated earmarks altogether, rather than play "now it's our turn". That one move would have screamed the moral high ground and proven that they have no interest in business as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Yep. Instead: Same ol', same ol'.
The electorate will continue to vote Demopublican to get real power into the hands of people who don't give a shit about anything more than accumulating more power to themselves and their friends.
I think you two have it pegged pretty well ........

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 01:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
Quote:
I'll tell you what Dems could and should have done to assure themselves a position of power in '09. Besides standing a lot taller in regard to the war funding bill, they should have severely curtailed or eliminated earmarks altogether, rather than play "now it's our turn". That one move would have screamed the moral high ground and proven that they have no interest in business as usual.

I think you two have it pegged pretty well ........
Uh-oh, wait until "somebody" finds out that there is common agreement among us concerning the Satan's forces of Republicans vs the Beelzebub's forces of Democrats.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 02:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Uh-oh, wait until "somebody" finds out that there is common agreement among us concerning the Satan's forces of Republicans vs the Beelzebub's forces of Democrats.
I said it when I started posting here, and I still feel that term limits have to be shoved down their throats. Congress forced the issue when FDR went to three terms, because they thought "it was the right thing to do."
Now we have people like Byrd of West Virginia, and Kennedy of Mass. (among a few others) that have been in office longer the most people have been alive, and they know FAR better then you do what's best for both you and the country..... NOT !
Congress was NEVER meant to be a full time job for full time politicians, got to wonder how that can be made right again...............

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
^ Step 1. Give them less to manage by radically reducing the size and scope of our federal government.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 04:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
^ Step 1. Give them less to manage by radically reducing the size and scope of our federal government.
^^^

Step #2 ---> See step #1.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 04:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Serious question:
Has the Federal Government EVER done that at any time in the past?
What we need to do is get rid of the dead wood in Congress. They are the ones that think they actually have to pass laws that impact the general population every chance they get.
Maybe if we gave them a bonus if they sit there, keep their mouths shut, and did nothing?

Vladimir Putin

Paul Harvey 8/31/94

Justice Clarence Thomas
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 04:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Serious question:
What we need to do is get rid of the dead wood in Congress. They are the ones that think they actually have to pass laws that impact the general population every chance they get.
Maybe if we gave them a bonus if they sit there, keep their mouths shut, and did nothing?
I don't know of any government in history that intentionally and without threat, devolved power to the people.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Serious question:
No, I'm sure they haven't, but that's where we are now.

Step 1. See thread title.

This video in particular addresses Dr. Paul's intentions in this regard: YouTube - Ron Paul on Colbert Report 6/13/07

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 05:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
No, I'm sure they haven't, but that's where we are now.

Step 1. See thread title.

This video in particular addresses Dr. Paul's intentions in this regard: YouTube - Ron Paul on Colbert Report 6/13/07
I can't get the link, a problem on this end, BUT:
As an old First Sergeant once told me" Good intentions pave the road to hell."

Vladimir Putin

Paul Harvey 8/31/94

Justice Clarence Thomas
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
Dr. Paul would like to get out from under the Dept. of Education, IRS, Dept. of Energy, Dept. of Homeland Security, FEMA, UN, NATO, ICC, NAFTA, WTO, etc. etc. That from the video. His desire to rein in American imperialism is represented in those choices as well. He is well aware that this would be a long road to hoe, and would require a substantial transitional period.

That is the path toward smaller federal government. Can he accomplish these things single-handedly as POTUS? Of course not, but the effort of drawing attention to how wasteful and inefficient these things are is a necessary first step that I applaud.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in