Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Everything you thought was wrong with the RIAA and the recording industry in general, are absolutely true.
The RIAA blew it long before Shawn Fanning - now the horse is out of the barn - good luck getting it back -
1) The RIAA should have *invented* a napster type interface
2) The RIAA should have had discussions with Peter Norton and others
3) The RIAA napsteresque tool should have allowed free "nagware" downloads. You pay for it - the nagware disappears
4) Rather than investing huge amounts promo'ing onew or two hopefuls to sell a zillion copies - do invest small amounts in a lot more - In the electronic world additional costs per are very low
5) iTunes has shown that when there is a legal alternative - the majority will buy - The RIAA never believed that before
So now for the first time they are no longer calling all the shots - Steve Jobs is - if they had done it right - they would still be king of the hill
As it is - nature abhors a vacuum - enter Shawn Fanning Stage left .........
If you are in any service supply business - study the RIAA - how not to compete