BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Botnst also predicted the future of Iraq. How did that turn out, Mr. B?
Please point-out where I predicted the long-term events in Iraq.
B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
B
Time slowly ticks by ....

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
B
Crickets chirp.

post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Question Pakistan and India

I had a Pakistani friend here who explained his take on the history of US-Pakistan and US-India relations. In his opinion, the Pakistanis have been our staunch allies ever since their independence. However, when it comes to Indian-Pakistani relations, we always side with the Indians. He reasoned this is because India is a more powerful country.

Punjabi, you sound like you know quite a bit about this region. I would appreciate your comments about my friend's observations.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:53 PM
CH4S Artist

Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Hey Punjabi, have a Murree with your Curry. Cheerio
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Musharraf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
Musharraf has brought Pakistan increased corruption, and lawlessness in the border regions.
I know a Pakistani doctor (MD) who thinks this guy would do anything for the right price. I forgot to mention the other Pakistani is an MD too. Maybe I am getting the wrong slant on this country and it's politics? Ha! Both of those guys left Pakistan to come here, so that should be telling me something.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
Hey Punjabi, have a Murree with your Curry. Cheerio

heh, heh......have developed a somewhat pecular habit of being particular of my diet....heh, heh......curry is a no-no on Friday nights! heh, heh......it's more of *u**y!
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
I know a Pakistani doctor (MD) who thinks this guy would do anything for the right price. I forgot to mention the other Pakistani is an MD too. Maybe I am getting the wrong slant on this country and it's politics? Ha! Both of those guys left Pakistan to come here, so that should be telling me something.

If Bush saab can do what he is in Iraq/Afghanistan for oil, capitalism and "democrazy", then what Mushy can or cannot do pales in significance! heh, heh.....Oh, and those MD pals of yours, they will sell their souls for $$$$! So, be vary of whom you associate with....! heh, heh.......
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Exclamation

Musharraf is no longer a leader IMO. He is trying to become the all powerful tyrant. As far as Musharraf's demise is concerned then he is the only option we have and we should pray that he somehow gets to stay in power because that country has lots of nukes. With his army backing him, he has the only say so which is good as far as Nukes is concerned. Personally, I think he is a dick. Up until recently, he was the best Pakistan has ever had.
As far as Bhutto and his father were concerned, those regimes were the absolute most corrupt regimes that Pakistan has ever had in its short life. (kinda like Bush Sr and Jr...............heh heh just kidding) I would much rather see Pakistan under Musharraf's power-hungry tyrannical rule then a so called democratic rule under the corrupt Bhutto.
As far as Zia ul haq was concerned, he was amongst the best leader that the country has had. He may have let the Afghans in his country during the Russian afghan war but it was his rule and it were his army and fighter jets that drove Russia out of Afghan. Had it not been for him, there would be no Afghanistan nor Pakistan and Russia would have been an unstoppable giant.
Benazir and her husband have fled from Pakistan to avoid corruption charges and THEFT of Billions of dollars from Pakistan. They need to go back and go through a trial.
The other so-called "leader" of the MQM party, Altaf Hussain" is also in London and will not go back because he too has been charged with corruption, MURDERS of hundreds of people, money laundering from the people of Karachi, etc. Cases have been files in the international courts for both of the above "leaders" but I do not suspect that anything will be done.
I wonder why the UK gives safe havens to criminals and not deport them back. The MQM leader of Karachi, Altaf Hussain has also been charged with terrorism against his own people in Karachi, Pakistan, yet the UK has no problem harboring him.
Anyways, I think we all need to keep our fingers crossed and hope and pray that Musharraf stays in power because Bhutto, Altaf Hussain, as well has Nawaz Sharif will play right into the hands of the extremists. We need someone with balls who has absolute power in Pakistan and Musharraf is the only one for the time being.
As far as public corruption is concerned, Musharraf has been the only leader who has gone after it and decreased it many times over. Bhutto, Altaf Hussain, and Nawaz Sharif all thrive on corruption.
If Altaf Hussain is a member of Benzworld, then he will definitely send over an assassin to take me out. That's how he does business.

Last edited by Designo_E320; 06-29-2007 at 03:55 PM.
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
I had a Pakistani friend here who explained his take on the history of US-Pakistan and US-India relations. In his opinion, the Pakistanis have been our staunch allies ever since their independence. However, when it comes to Indian-Pakistani relations, we always side with the Indians. He reasoned this is because India is a more powerful country.

Punjabi, you sound like you know quite a bit about this region. I would appreciate your comments about my friend's observations.
Damn Mountbatten for the historical "divide & rule" political trickery left behind on the withdrawal of the British Imperialist rulars from India/Pakistan......these 2 countries should now be united in stand in every respect and become a formidable force against anyone who dare oppose them. However, this union would be seen as a potential threat to many countries west of the Indian Ocean!
.......need I say more? heh, heh........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in