Imperialism not taking hold - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Well lets roll up the welcome mat, close in upon ourselves, become nationally acclaimed cynics and pat ourselves on the back while the world moves on. Great!
We can still be a partner to civilization's growth on this planet by not destroying it
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Here we go, here is a facility provided by Israel for us to train... Oh wait we paid for it
Marines to train at new Israeli combat center - Military News, Marine Corps News, opinions, editorials, news from Iraq, photos, reports - Marine Corps Times

This only proves that we intend to fight in that region for a long time to come. Anyone wants to dispute this reasoning?
DP is offline  
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
Here we go, here is a facility provided by Israel for us to train... Oh wait we paid for it
Marines to train at new Israeli combat center - Military News, Marine Corps News, opinions, editorials, news from Iraq, photos, reports - Marine Corps Times

This only proves that we intend to fight in that region for a long time to come. Anyone wants to dispute this reasoning?
I think it just "proves" that we are not going to sit around and wait for another 9/11. By being pro-active about our planning and training we are much less likely to be surprised, in a very negative way!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I think it just "proves" that we are not going to sit around and wait for another 9/11. By being pro-active about our planning and training we are much less likely to be surprised, in a very negative way!
So it's all about preventing terror attacks on us? You don't think that our presence over there will spawn more terror do you?
I think it's about dominance, oil and the Israeli way, what do you think?
I think we should stop being a bunch of hypocrites and tell the Arabs that we intend to occupy them, enslave them into our service for extracting oil and whatvere we feel like using them for and of course to unsure that Israel will call the shots at the end of the day. Please prove me wrong!
DP is offline  
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 01:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
So it's all about preventing terror attacks on us? You don't think that our presence over there will spawn more terror do you?
I think it's about dominance, oil and the Israeli way, what do you think?
I think we should stop being a bunch of hypocrites and tell the Arabs that we intend to occupy them, enslave them into our service for extracting oil and whatvere we feel like using them for and of course to unsure that Israel will call the shots at the end of the day. Please prove me wrong!
For someone who claims to be a professor, you sure come across as dumb. I do not think it is "all about" preventing terror attacks, but that is likely the predominant reason. I'm sure it is also about helping and protecting our allies and trying to create the conditions under which fledgling democracies can grow and flourish. And NO I do not "...think it's about dominance, oil and the Israeli way," whatever the hell that is. Nor do I think we "...intend to occupy them, enslave them into our service for extracting oil..." or anything like that. You really should turn in your academic credentials, if you ever had any, because it is obvious you have lost all objectivity, if you ever had any.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
For someone who claims to be a professor, you sure come across as dumb. I do not think it is "all about" preventing terror attacks, but that is likely the predominant reason. I'm sure it is also about helping and protecting our allies and trying to create the conditions under which fledgling democracies can grow and flourish. And NO I do not "...think it's about dominance, oil and the Israeli way," whatever the hell that is. Nor do I think we "...intend to occupy them, enslave them into our service for extracting oil..." or anything like that. You really should turn in your academic credentials, if you ever had any, because it is obvious you have lost all objectivity, if you ever had any.
'Permanent occupation based on a S. Korea model' -- right from the WH. That was the plan all along.....

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
For someone who claims to be a professor, you sure come across as dumb. I do not think it is "all about" preventing terror attacks, but that is likely the predominant reason. I'm sure it is also about helping and protecting our allies and trying to create the conditions under which fledgling democracies can grow and flourish. And NO I do not "...think it's about dominance, oil and the Israeli way," whatever the hell that is. Nor do I think we "...intend to occupy them, enslave them into our service for extracting oil..." or anything like that. You really should turn in your academic credentials, if you ever had any, because it is obvious you have lost all objectivity, if you ever had any.
You say no but there is NOTHING to back up your negation. All facts point to my hypothesis, so before you ask me to fold "my credentials" tell us which fledgling democracies are we protecting? Lebanon? Did we protect Lebanon when it needed us? If say Syria had invaded Israel the way Lebanon was invaded I can tell you without hesitation that Damascus would have turned into a glass factory through our intervention, so tell me it ain't so!
There is only one ally we are protecting and that is Israel, the rest is lips service so we don't end up with too many fronts to deal with. Again, prove to me our "love" for the others as much as what we will do for Israel, show me...
Do you think those North African countries that this thread is about don't know that? Do you think they are going to welcome us in their land to build bases to only protect Israel or oil installations? We have set a precedent on this over and over and now we are surprised that we are not welcomed in North Africa? You tell me where to shove my credential now Jaybird, prove to me that one single Arab country will be so happy to see us build large bases in their land now, go on, let's see where this will go.
DP is offline  
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 01:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
'Permanent occupation based on a S. Korea model' -- right from the WH. That was the plan all along.....
You must be such an "insider..."

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 01:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
You say no but there is NOTHING to back up your negation. All facts point to my hypothesis, so before you ask me to fold "my credentials" tell us which fledgling democracies are we protecting? Lebanon? Did we protect Lebanon when it needed us? If say Syria had invaded Israel the way Lebanon was invaded I can tell you without hesitation that Damascus would have turned into a glass factory through our intervention, so tell me it ain't so!
There is only one ally we are protecting and that is Israel, the rest is lips service so we don't end up with too many fronts to deal with. Again, prove to me our "love" for the others as much as what we will do for Israel, show me...
Do you think those North African countries that this thread is about don't know that? Do you think they are going to welcome us in their land to build bases to only protect Israel or oil installations? We have set a precedent on this over and over and now we are surprised that we are not welcomed in North Africa? You tell me where to shove my credential now Jaybird, prove to me that one single Arab country will be so happy to see us build large bases in their land now, go on, let's see where this will go.
There are facts and then there are your facts... You seem to get them confused a lot.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
There are facts and then there are your facts...
Again, list for us the facts since you know so much!
I am willing to be "educated" but should you choose not to list them then you are no different than the common troll, so give a contribution or STFU

Or at least counter these facts:
1. We invaded Iraq for the wrong reasons and used 911 as a backdrop among many to justify the invasion.
2. When the looting happened in Iraq we protected the oil ministry while we totally neglected things that would have preserved Iraq's history or culture such as its museums
3. When Lebanon was invaded last summer we turned a blind eye and went into sleep mode until the world pointed out our hypocrisy.
4. We never supported Fattah until we saw that we would have a bigger problem should Hamas take over
5. We were never happy with election outcomes in Iraq and Palestine because the results were counter to our expectations.
6. We have decided to occupy Iraq Korea style (the latest twist)
7. We are arming the Sunnis against the Shia undermining the same government we were suppose to support
8. Every tyrant in the Middle East has been and is on our payroll (Check out the latest Israeli funding bill where $200 is given to Egypt to arm itself further under Israeli military cooperation, that's one of the condition...)
9. The Saudis don't want us on their land
10. The North Africans told us to STFU

There you go Jaybird, just counter these ten points if you can't come up with your own.
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Global Cooling Obviously Taking Hold Jayhawk Off-Topic 222 10-29-2008 08:46 PM
    The Wolfowitz Doctrine: Blueprint for Imperialism firstmb Off-Topic 8 08-08-2006 11:01 AM
    Hold the 'phone 420 SE Off-Topic 2 11-22-2005 03:51 AM
    Wonder How Well MB's Hold Their Value??? woodyww General Mercedes-Benz 1 03-02-2004 03:02 PM
    Where to hold armrests? Tomo G-Class 0 01-26-2002 05:46 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome