post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ron Paul: 'Get Out' Says America

Ron Paul is making headlines with his recent TV appearances and heart-felt speeches. His honest and straightforward dissertation on American foreign policy at the Republican National Debate has earned him a reputation as one of America's most candid and knowledgeable politicians. And American voters are fed up.

In a recent national poll of likely American voters, the vast majority (over 76%) said they refused to vote for Ron Paul.

When asked why, 50% blamed his sense of decency, 40% cited his vast knowledge of foreign policy, and the remaining 10% said they would not vote for him because he would bring real efficiency to the US government.

Here are some of their quotes:

"The kind of honesty and candid dialogue that Ron Paul delivers does not belong in American politics. I personally am voting for Mitt Romney. Get out, Ron Paul." - Rob Beckhart, Chicago, Il.

"I can't believe people take this candidate seriously. He knows way too much about history and stuff like that." - Mike Earnhedst, San Diego, CA

"Ron Paul is a slimebag. Who the hell does he think he is talking about foreign policy in a political debate. If I wanted to know real facts I would learn to read." - Jay Hawk, Leavenworth, KS

"I'm sorry, I can't talk about this. I just do what I'm told. Do you want an autograph?" - Sean Hannity, New York, NY

Love him or hate him, one thing is certain: America will not stand for the kind of honesty, conservatism, and morals that Ron Paul wants to bring into our political system.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 07:39 PM
KamiL

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I actually like the guy a lot !

I watched all the debates and he won them all in my opinion.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
^ Nope, though a similar scent is wafting through the air.....

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 08:56 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
"Ron Paul is a slimebag. Who the hell does he think he is talking about foreign policy in a political debate. If I wanted to know real facts I would learn to read." - Jay Hawk, Leavenworth, KS
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
Ron Paul For President

By Ai Gano, Vallejo News

Every so often, there is someone that comes along and speaks the truth even more rare is a politician that speaks the truth. Even rarer still is a politician that votes in accordance with the United States Constitution irregardless of party affiliation. Dr. Ron Paul, presidential candidate embodies all of these things.

There comes a time in the course of human events when the road before us diverges and the next road we follow will have repercussions for many generations to come. One path will further plunge Americans into war, a government that spends beyond its means and the destruction of an America as created by the Constitution. The other path, although equally difficult will lead us back to a government and society that was envisioned by our founding fathers, a strong and free America which was governed by the people, a path led by Ron Paul. The presidential race for 2008 is on and although there are many candidates to choose from offering party line rhetoric in different packages, there is only one candidate who stands out that has consistently upheld the Constitution as the framework from which his voting decisions have been based and that is presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul's Record

* Never voted to raise taxes.

* Never voted for an unbalanced budget.

* Never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.

* Never voted to raise congressional pay.

* Never taken a government-paid junket.

* Never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

* Voted against the Patriot Act.

* Voted against regulating the Internet.

* Voted against the Iraq war.

* Does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

* Returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.

Ron Paul is a Republican Congressman from Texas. Democrats do not let that dissuade you, being a Democrat for many years I never thought that there would be a Republican that I agreed with but I agree with Ron Paul's views. If you listen to this man and research what he stands for, you can see for yourself that he believes and supports many things that Democrats do. Republicans, please do not dismiss Ron Paul as an extremist, he has and will work hard to create a government that abides by the Constitution. Why would anyone consider that extreme? All other party members, just for the moment try to put aside party lines and loyalty and remember that at our very core we are not only Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Greens or Independents, black, white, red, brown or yellow, we are Americans. America was created in the spirit of the following quote from the Declaration of Independence "whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." I am not suggesting we overthrow the government but the United States is in need of new leadership and it is our right, our responsibility to ensure that occurs as evidenced by another quote from the Declaration of Independence, "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." New guards and new leadership would best be served with Ron Paul at the helm. Change is not easy, but when the right choices are made, society will be better for it.

Ron Paul is a man who respects individual rights and believes in our rights as outlined by the Constitution of the United States. Research this man, his voting record, his reasoning and his principles. Decide for yourselves and see this man for what he truly is, a man who believes in this country as created by the Constitution of the United States. Ron Paul is a man of the people and for the people, an American, just like you and I.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 07:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Yes, but he's short and old.
Romney sounds like a football player.
Rah, rah, rah!

(Maybe not in those words.)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 02:56 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
The neo cons still seem to have sway in the Republican party, they will really kill this guy's chances, I think. They will go down with guns blazing, even if they are discredited by the public at large, and take the party down with them.

Not that I would personally lose sleep over that, though

Too bad, because he seems like a true conservative, in the sense he is true in a very real way to the real Republican principles they espouse, like balanced budgets, small government, personal integrity and so forth.

I think Mc Cain's candidacy is totally doomed, because it looks like more of the George Bush program.

Voter: "Oh my God, I'm feeling really sick, I think I ate a bad hamburger, it's called Iraq."

Mc Cain: "Well, I think I can fix things right up. Here, have some more hamburgers"

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in