Islam that peaceful religion that supports the rights of thers - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Islam that peaceful religion that supports the rights of thers

Sir Salman Rushdie celebrates his 60th birthday today in familiar circumstances: he is once again the subject of death threats across the Islamic world.

Eighteen years after the Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa calling on Muslims to kill him, a government minister in Pakistan said yesterday that Rushdie’s recent knighthood justified suicide bombing.

The question of blasphemy in The Satanic Verses, Rushdie’s 1988 tale of a prophet misled by the devil, remains a deeply sensitive issue in much of the Muslim world and the author’s inclusion in the Queen’s Birthday Honours last week has inflamed anti-British sentiment.

Gerald Butt, editor of the authoritative Middle East Economic Survey, told The Times: “It will be interpreted as an action calculated to goad Muslims at a time when the atmosphere is already very tense and Britain’s standing in the region is very low because of its involvement in Iraq and its lack of action in tackling the Palestine issue.”

A symbol of free speech. Sign our petition in support of Sir Salman Rushdie
Hardliners in Iran revived calls for his murder yesterday. Mehdi Kuchakzadeh, a Tehran MP, declared: “Rushdie died the moment the late Imam [Ayatollah Khomeini] issued the fatwa.”

The Organisation to Commemorate Martyrs of the Muslim World, a fringe hardline group, offered a reward of $150,000 (£75,000) to any successful assassin.

Forouz Rajaefar, the group’s secretary general, said: “The British and the supporters of the anti-Islam Salman Rushdie could rest assured that the writer’s nightmare will not end until the moment of his death and we will bestow kisses on the hands of whomsoever is able to execute this apostate.”

Effigies of Rushdie and the Queen were burnt in Pakistan, where presidential elections at the end of the year have destablised an already volatile political climate. Hundreds of protesters in Multan, Karachi and Lahore set fire to British flags and chanted “Death to Britain, death to Rushdie” and Islamist leaders called for nationwide protests after Friday prayers.

Ijaz-ul-Haq, the Religious Affairs Minister, told the assembly in Islamabad that the award of the knighthood excused suicide bombing. “If somebody has to attack by strapping bombs to his body to protect the honour of the Prophet then it is justified,” he said.

He later retracted his statement, explaining that he had intended to say that knighting Rushdie will foster extremism. “If someone blows himself up, he will consider himself justified. How can we fight terrorism when those who commit blasphemy are rewarded by the West? We demand an apology by the British government. Their action has hurt the sentiments of 1.5 billion Muslims."

Pakistan’s national assembly earlier unanimously passed a resolution condemning Rushdie’s knighthood, which it said would encourage “contempt” for the Prophet Muhammad.

Rushdie was forced to go into hiding for almost a decade after the Ayatollah Khomeini issued the death sentence over The Satanic Verses.

On Valentine’s Day in 1989 the spiritual figurehead of the Iranian revolution pronounced on Teheran radio that: “The author of The Satanic Verses, which is against Islam, the Prophet, the Koran, and all those involved in its publication who were aware of its content, are sentenced to death.”

In Britain, the subsequent hate campaign helped to politicise and radicalise a generation of young British Muslims. The taxpayer is believed to have spent more than £10 million protecting Rushdie.

Only Khomeini had the power officially to lift the fatwa and he died without doing so, but in 1998, the Iranian Foreign Minister promised his British counterpart, Robin Cook, that Iran would not implement it.

Gradually, Rushdie emerged back into the literary spotlight and in recent years has appeared at events in London and New York, where he now lives.

It is understood that when he is in this country, Rushdie continues to receive round-the-clock police protection.

Muhammad Ali Hosseini, Iran’s foreign affairs spokesman, said on Sunday that the knighthood “will definitely put the British officials in confrontation with Islamic societies. This act shows that insulting Islamic sacred values is not accidental. It is planned, organised, guided and supported by some Western countries.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 08:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 560 SEL Euro
expect a new wave of violent demostrations across muslim world self damaging themselves. Recall prophet cartoons!

Fuel economy!! whats that??
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 09:26 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: S Klass 500
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Oh are they not the sweetest people , heres how the deal with us Ladies when we upset these sweet souls . (Cunts!)
a letter form a site about stoning ( no not the fun type of stoning )

Hello.
I read your recent article about stoning to death.
Reading your article reminded me of the bleeding bruises in my heart once again.
You wrote about murdering by stoning?
Have you ever held a bloody tool in your hands with which they have murdered your mother?
Have you ever touched the bloody skin and hair of your mother who has just been killed in a deep hole?
Have you ever followed the line of your mother’s blood in order to find her corpse thrown at the back of a truck?
Have you ever seen the fresh grave of that dearest being with a small piece of paper on which they have written her name wrapped around a small branch of tree?
Has anyone ever said a word about the children of the people who have been stoned to death?
I was fourteen and now I am forty.
To quote psychologists, I am one of the most fortunate people on this planet. I am fortunate, because despite this contempt in my life I have been able to continue my higher education and find myself a wife, children and a credible job without letting a single black spot remain in my life.
Do you even understand what it means to be the child of a person who has been shamefully stoned to death?
If Islamic clerics tell you that you could not win over the Islamic laws, they have, indeed told you the truth.
My mother used to tell me that she had become a sex-worker in order to feed us and to support us. She used to command us in being real men. She used to tell us to stand on our own feet and to never lose our hope in Ali (the first imam in shiasm).
Seriously who would want to sell her body, to sell her sex to anonymous men except for those women who have no other way of feeding their children?
If the husband knows how to make money, the wife and the mother of the family does not have to go and seek customers.
The economic situation needs to improve and single mothers or those mothers whose husbands do not have the ability or the willpower to work, should be able to seek help from the government.
You must establish an organization for supporting these women. It does not have to be a very rich organization in the beginning. No one has the right to condemn you for seeking financial support from different sources for these types of support organizations. Women like my mother who was eventually stoned to death need your help. They need the world’s help and support. Their forgotten families, too, need the world’s help. Help them!
Executing people for having not immoral actions is not going to have an effective result.
Tell me how many people have been executed and stoned to death since the beginning of the Islamic Revolution in Iran…What is the result of all of this violence other than the fact that the evil is now truly dominating our society?
I never forget the last words of my mother’s Islamic judge:
“I issued a verdict for stoning this woman to death so that other individuals learn a lesson from her doomed fate and to avoid sins of such nature. To execute by shooting would not have made her suffer enough!”
Alas. Twenty six years ago my mother was stoned to death before my eyes. Has these women’s tragic fate helped our society improve? Statistics show that the rates of prostitution and corruption have increased exponentially.

posted by Azadeh @ 11:45 PM 0
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 10:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: Bandwidth
Wink Pull out the Violin....!

Symphathetic tale.......but law of the land has to prevail! Would 'ALI' have supported her IMMORAL actions? Afraid NOT! Iran was a politically corrupt and a stooge state under the 'SHAH'.......
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 10:49 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
So you're ok with that barbaric action?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
So you're ok with that barbaric action?

"Why are you so mean?".....heh, heh....
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Cause I think Saab drivers are thick
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
That theory holds water so far...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...od-knight.html

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Talking Then, thick I am!

Quote:
heh, heh.....I'd rather be thick than not be driving a SAAB! But then, what you think is really irrelevant! heh, heh....

....and there goes QBN'S theory in a puff of cigar smoke! heh, heh......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in