Date registered: Dec 2002
Vehicle: SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to cyberdrakon Send a message via MSN to cyberdrakon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430
Would you like to learn more about the wonderful religion you are holding out as a beacon of elightenment?
i don't think he was holding Islam as a beacon of enlightenment (sic) but he is showing that both religions have flaws/are outdated (without comparison to christianity), and it is hypocrisy to support either side.

In that i agree with him.

Personally I don't beleive in any type of organized religion, as they are crutches for humanity and always eventually lead to the mixing of government and religion. (not to say i don't beleive in God or gods) The problem with religion is you can't argue against it, and it won't change as standards and morals evolve.

eddie aka cyberdrakon aka drakon

SLK 55 AMG widebody (2006), C36 AMG (1995), 420 SEL (1989)
Previously: 560 SEC RennTech/AMG (1990), 420 SEL (1987).
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
You give him too much credit. He's trying to equate Judaism with Islam, as an unprovoked response to the assertion that there's an uncanny link between horrible acts of violence in the name of God and Muslims. The two are virtually inseparable. That was the opening he needed to begin a baseless antisemitic tirade, which has been roundly shown for what it is.

He's probably off fucking a hole in the ground somewhere. "Meeting" time.

Anyway, I have more art to post.

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 10:21 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I have lived in Iran for ten years. 7 1/2 with the Shah, and 2 1/2 with the Mullahs of Khomeini's Islamic Kleptocracy. You could leave your car unlocked with the windows open, with documents and money inside, and no one would touch it.
In a business deal, a handshake would be better than a written contract. If anyone would try to cheat or renege on an agreed deal, the offending party would be ostrachized in business Nation wide.
And if the guy trying to do business with you was missing a hand,................
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 07:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
I have lived in Iran for ten years. 7 1/2 with the Shah, and 2 1/2 with the Mullahs of Khomeini's Islamic Kleptocracy. You could leave your car unlocked with the windows open, with documents and money inside, and no one would touch it.
In a business deal, a handshake would be better than a written contract. If anyone would try to cheat or renege on an agreed deal, the offending party would be ostrachized in business Nation wide.
And if the guy trying to do business with you was missing a hand,................
You can take any regime and pick out a couple of good things. Does not make the underlying law or regime any better.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdrakon
i don't think he was holding Islam as a beacon of enlightenment (sic) but he is showing that both religions have flaws/are outdated (without comparison to christianity), and it is hypocrisy to support either side.

Personally I don't beleive in any type of organized religion, as they are crutches for humanity and always eventually lead to the mixing of government and religion. (not to say i don't beleive in God or gods) The problem with religion is you can't argue against it, and it won't change as standards and morals evolve.
FINALLY we have someone who is intelligent enough to see the real reasons for the posts! I was merely trying to show that there are pretty weird things in all religions and instead of picking on one religion and pointing out their fallacies one should try to me more understanding and focus on the good in all religions. People usually get very defensive when things about their own religions and beliefs get posted while they have no problem with posting garbage about other religions. My next post with make that certain someone who resorts to name-calling feel very stupid. BTW, I believe name-calling is a way for an uneducated, unsophisticated, and the ignorant to express themselves.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Designo_E320

Thumbs down Hinduism.........

I consider myself to be very tolerant of other religions and given that each religion has some pretty fcuked up stuff in it, Hinduism by far is the most weird IMO. Religion is a way of life. With that said, there are so many different factions in Hinduism also but they all practice under the umbrella of Hinduism. The Goddess KAALIMA requires the sacrifices of children and although it is against the law in India, thousands are sacrificed each year and pretty much all of them end up being girls.
Girls have never enjoyed an equality under the Indian culture as well as the religion of Hinduism. To prove her innocence, Seeta herself had to walk on burning coals as her word as a woman was not enough when questions about her purity came into being after she had been abducted by a rival God. This practice is STILL practiced all over India. Woman whose honor or purity has been questioned has to walk on fire to prove herself and her innocense. All that is required is for a man to question her purity. Countless women are subjected to this barbarism by the society. You wanna know what the deciding factor is whether as to her innocence or guilt? LISTEN TO THIS...... If the woman's feet show absolutely no burns or signs of burns AFTER he walks through the pit of fire ONLY THEN is she considered to be telling the truth! Good luck!
Dowry is another evil that plagues ALL OF INDIA. Women are forced by her in laws to get pretty much everything including furniture, cars, homes, cash from her parents in order to get married. Most in-laws require even more after the marriage has taken place. Those families that can't do any more for their daughters are helpless. The punishment for refusal in most cases is NOT a divorce but their daughter being BURNED ALIVE!
India has the highest female infanticide rate in the world! This has been going on for centuries. Before the advent of the ultrasound, if a girl was born to a middle class or a lower socioeconomic class family, she was usually either sold into slavery, sexual slavery, or killed. The method of killing a newborn was and still is to feed the new baby some rice which obviously gets stuck thereby suffocating the infant. After the advent of the ultrasound, things have become a little more "humane" as the sex of the child can be identified while the fetus is still in the womb and if it is found to be a girl then an abortion takes place. People who can't afford the ultrasound still "take care of it" the old fashioned way by using rice. Dues to these practices of selective abortions and female infanticide, the demographics of the Indian population is been severely affected. There are now more boys than girls in India. What is an Indian boy to do? Either he will get lucky and find a mate or he will partake in homosexual activities. This is being seen currently and the numbers of homosexual crimes have increased not in the recent years but have been steadily increasing for hundreds of years. I could go on and on..........
Now let come to the religious leaders called "swami-jees". Many of these SWAMIs have the cure for infertility. Many women who do not produce a child within the first year of marriage are shunned and looked down upon and are considered a curse. In may cases it is the husband who is the cause of the infertility but this can NEVER be discussed in the Indian society for the male is always superior! Therefore many families will take these women to the SWAMI-Jees so that he may "cure" their infertilities. We all know what happens behind the closed doors while the all powerful SWAMI-JEE is "curing' her. I would not be surprised to learn that each "SWAMI_JEE" has fathered ten of 1000s of babies in India's HINDU population.
Could someone also tell me the reasoning behind the drinking of fresh cow urine ritual? People actually wait right behind the cow in anticipation that that cow will void. As the cow is urinating, the fresh warm urine as it is coming out is drank, used to wash the faces, heads and hands , and sprinkled over the body for purity.
Could someone also explain the worship of Penis in Hinduism and contrast that with the lord Shiva (who him self is actually a penis, no joking he is a penis)
What about that girl who had a wedding complete with a ceremony with a cobra snake. What about the girl who was married off to a dog (A CANINE!)
I could go on and on, but all of these evils have been adopted by the Indian Hindus as not only a part of the religion but it is now a way of life. Some of these acts are illegal now which have only become illegal in the past 50 years but these are still being practiced as part of HINDUISM under the umbrella of the religion.
When we see info about India their powerful media conveniently leaves out the "real India" and shows us the "other side" that deals with business and commerce. But we need to realize that all of the above mentioned things also go hand in hand with their society. We just don't get exposed to them. Should the rest of the world do any sort of business with a stone age people who can be so cruel to their other halves of their own people?
Furthermore, In every other major religion, there is always a concept of invitation to the other religions and invitations for people to convert. Christians have missionaries, Muslims have what is called a "tabligues", and Jews also accept conversions whether it be from active conversions or through marriages. Hinduism has no such thing but after all, who would convert?
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Designo_E320

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Or this...

This is the difference between Muslims and Jews. Jews disrespect everyone and their religious doctrines and figures. It is no secret that Jews never believed that Jesus was a prophet, son of God, or even a mere man of God. Rather they believed he was an impostor and still do not hold him in good standing. In fact, they had him crucified as he shook the foundations of Judaism. They were threatened by him. (Yeah, let's just get him killed) Muslims on the other hand not only respect but MOSES and JESUS as highly revered in Islam. As a matter of fact a Muslim is not a Muslim if he does not accept Moses or Jesus. They are both very well respected in Islam and the penalty would be death for any Muslim who would defame Moses or Jesus or any other prophet.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
You're not nearly as unbiased as you'd have people believe. Your rantings against the various world cultures crossed the xenophobe boundary long ago. People like you are why people in other countries hate America. You sound like a slightly more successful version of the toothless, inbred, mouth-breathing, Confederate flag-waving Klansman that we've tried diligently to eradicate from popular culture for the past 50 years.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Designo_E320

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
You're not nearly as unbiased as you'd have people believe. Your rantings against the various world cultures crossed the xenophobe boundary long ago. People like you are why people in other countries hate America. You sound like a slightly more successful version of the toothless, inbred, mouth-breathing, Confederate flag-waving Klansman that we've tried diligently to eradicate from popular culture for the past 50 years.
How can one have a discussion who fails to "get the point"? Read my previous 3 posts and try again. Yes my start here is shaky but what you failed to see was my reasoning for postings. Apparently "cyberdrakon' was intelligent enough to "get the point."..........
"cyberdrakon Quote:

Personally I don't beleive in any type of organized religion, as they are crutches for humanity and always eventually lead to the mixing of government and religion. (not to say i don't beleive in God or gods) The problem with religion is you can't argue against it, and it won't change as standards and morals evolve."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in