post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Thanks, my deductible is $1000 so maybe I am better off doing it myself. I am still searching the Internet for a complete column ignition assembly and a rear bench seat. I would be great if Germanstar carried plymouth parts
I will contatc him anyway just in case he knows where I can find this stuff.
I will call him in few, I am just waiting for him to wake up back there on the west side of the country.

Last edited by DP; 06-11-2007 at 07:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I'm glad you got your van back. It seems my theory in my poor attempt at a joke in my first reply to this may have been somewhat correct. Your back seat is missing so they could make room for stolen merchandise. They used your van for the theft and then abandoned the van.
Perhaps you and some neighbors could form a neighborhood watch program. It looks like you need it.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 07:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2002
Vehicle: ML320/C320 Sprt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile glad you got it back

now go back to work hehe, In a serious note I been there in your situation when my 4 Runner got stolen, a month after we moved from Va to CA, being leaving close to Mexican border I didn't get mine back. Very upsetting experienced. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

2000 ML320 Black Opal "SOLD"
2003 C320 Sport Sedan Bordeaux Red
1996 Honda Civic...
1991 Black Nissan Truck
2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD...New Add on to my Toys...
2012 Subaru Outback LIMITED
Trek, Full Suspension Mt. Bike
and a Dog, name Abby;-)
"Life is Short, Let's Enjoy It"

Last edited by JimB; 06-11-2007 at 07:43 AM.
post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch
I'm glad you got your van back. It seems my theory in my poor attempt at a joke in my first reply to this may have been somewhat correct. Your back seat is missing so they could make room for stolen merchandise. They used your van for the theft and then abandoned the van.
Perhaps you and some neighbors could form a neighborhood watch program. It looks like you need it.
We have one, and my wife is the super cop in charge with the stick and handcuffs but she always forget that she is supposed to be patroling outside rather than experimenting on me to perfect her arrest techniques
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:26 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I haven't been in a van since my buddy Danny Greenstein's purple Econoline rolled the Chicago streets replete with shag carpeting and tear-drop windows. If you google it, I'm sure you'll find that more acid was consumed in that vehicle than any other non-stationary dwelling. It was also to blame for many a rugburned knee.

post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:02 AM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw a couple of Voyager rear seats on eBay...you may want to check that out.
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi
I saw a couple of Voyager rear seats on eBay...you may want to check that out.
I tried but I think I am not typing it right, do you still have a link?

Take it back, i found them, thanx
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamiL
I wonder what type of people would do such a shitty thing......I bet they were ******S.
I just finsihed cleaning the van, and I found blunts, plastic baggies with little crystals in them and a lot of nappy hair. I wonder if it was a nappy headed hoe huh Kamil? I guess next time I will hide in the van overnight so maybe I will catch the next party if they will let me come along. Do you think they will let me play with them?
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
YEAAAAH. Got it back. Now, to minimize your....

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
I got it back
It was in an alley not far from my house. Yesterday I even biked by there looking for it
The people that lived there called the police that they saw a van parked in the alley and that "it did not belong there"
A police officer came to my door told me the news and gave me a ride to that alley. The van was fine outside but one of the rear seats is missing and of course the ignition tumbler was out and broken as well as the driver side outer lock. I used a knife I found on the floor that they must have used and started the van, drove it home and parked it. Now I am waiting for the Insurance office to open to tell them the news. Maybe I should not put a claim for damages and fix it myself so my rates won't go up, what do you think?

Thank you all for the concerns, I am really touched
out of pocket loses.

GREAT, you got it back.

Probably the last word around here on this is our resident little
insurance agent Chill_Babe, but an auto theft will be a comprehensive claim, (should you elect to make one) NOT a crash or collision, do you really have a $1,000 deductible on comprehensive, for it? What does your policy declarations page read? I'm guessing the typical comprehensive deductible would run about $100-$250; what is yours really?

I don't think the underwriters would jack your rates for a single comprehensive claim,(unless it caught fire five times, parked in the same place)!!

Loathe as you may be to admit it, I'd bet that Kamil is right about the racial identity of the person(s) that stole the van though.

Might be worth a call to the Police to see if they'd like to dust the van for prints, in hopes of apprehending the thief, or establishing a nexus with the home burglary and your van. Just a thought. If they catch the guy who took your car and convictg him, the Judge could order restitution for your loss (won't work if he goes to State Prison) and lots of luck collecting it. IF he got probation with restitution, though, failure to pay it is a hammer over his head, he could get revoked for failing to pay it, and sent to State Prison, where he won't have to.
Probationers HATE the idea of prison, it's worse, much worse than County time.
Just thinking.

(Frankly, I was astonished to read about all this. I thought you were very well off, judging from the pictures of your home, it looked like a real mansion, quite imposing, to me)

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Me well off LOL, I am a teacher for God sake!
Yeah as I said I found some nappy hair all around and even some hoochie mama shoes left laying around just what would make Kamil's day
Yeah I was the one that asked for my deductible to be 1K so I can save on my premiums; you know as a teacher I count every penny.
There was some stuff in the van that dog got to before I did and I think he ate it all and now he has been in a corner bobbing his head all day. I don't know what it was but if he continues to be like that by tomorrow I will see if a vet will admit him and put that bill on the insurance claim.
What's important right now is that I am going to have somethin somethin with the wify since spirits are high.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in