LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:17 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Dec 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
You gentlemen seemed to have overlooked the fact that the 2nd richest man in the world as of recently is Carlos Slim, the Mexican who exploits his own countrymen for the good of his and his cronies wealth. Get real, that country is a wealthy country.
rumor has it, you like men.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:41 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I don't know where you are trying to drag this? Mexico has a modicum of wealth, yes. It is enjoyed by 000000000000000.00000000000000.000000000000001 of the population. Mexico is corrupt from border to border and has been that way since civilized government.
I suggest completely open borders. we need the cheap labor(a huge "Fuck You" to labor unions)
I'm sure you'll agree that our dwindling farms cannot afford to hire Yale graduates to pick their crops.
Everyone wins,
I see Canadian trucks on our roads all the time. Such a double standard!

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:43 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgdriven
rumor has it, you like men.
Another intellectual response involving the subject at hand, you are going to fit in good here, divert away the truth start rumor and shit about your fo, are you a democrat?
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:48 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
I don't know where you are trying to drag this? Mexico has a modicum of wealth, yes. It is enjoyed by 000000000000000.00000000000000.000000000000001 of the population. Mexico is corrupt from border to border and has been that way since civilized government.
I suggest completely open borders. we need the cheap labor(a huge "Fuck You" to labor unions)
I'm sure you'll agree that our dwindling farms cannot afford to hire Yale graduates to pick their crops.
Everyone wins,
I see Canadian trucks on our roads all the time. Such a double standard!

Why should the US opens it borders to Mexicans or anyone south of the border but they still make Americans jump through hoops and pay huge cash fees to live in their country?

And by opening the borders what does it do to the quality of living and social services for the real Americans?
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 02:13 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Why should the US opens it borders to Mexicans or anyone south of the border but they still make Americans jump through hoops and pay huge cash fees to live in their country?

And by opening the borders what does it do to the quality of living and social services for the real Americans?
I think paying a high school dropout 36 bucks an hour to climb a pole and fumble with electric cable is insane. Heck, I'm driving a truck and I graduated with full honors from Whattsamattah U.

Mexico has always been quirky. Ireland was the same. When I was a kid, the law stated that unless you were of Irish heritage, you could not purchase land. They lifted that ban and now Ireland is one of the most desirable and employable places in Europe. Mexico will change.

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 05:34 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Mexico will change.
Sounds like a great slogan for a new immigration bill, wirte your senators and congremen and propose the new slogan, hope that works out for you......
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 08:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I think paying a high school dropout 36 bucks an hour to climb a pole and fumble with electric cable is insane. Heck, I'm driving a truck and I graduated with full honors from Whattsamattah U.

Mexico has always been quirky. Ireland was the same. When I was a kid, the law stated that unless you were of Irish heritage, you could not purchase land. They lifted that ban and now Ireland is one of the most desirable and employable places in Europe.
Of course Irelands position has nothing to do with their tax rates compared to the rest of Europe or any of the other changes they enacted.

I personally think Mexico has the right idea with a number of their immigration laws. Not all of them but most of them.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 08:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Sounds like a great slogan for a new immigration bill, wirte your senators and congremen and propose the new slogan, hope that works out for you......
What would happen if we dropped the borders and declared all Mexicans and Canadians, American citizens? For about 10 years there'd be a tsunami of peasants hitchhiking north. Canada would go nuts trying to keep people formerly known as Mexicans, out. The government of Mexico would effectively collapse in about 5 minutes but would stay in place as a sort of anachronistic state government.

Then the IRS would start scrutinizing the upper 1% of the Mexican income group. There would be a flurry of paperwork heading south and nationalistic claims of sovereignty and immunity headed north. The IRS would stay out but the news media in Mexico would go haywire with all of the accusations and revelations of corruption and favoritism. The peasants would sharpen their machetes. Viva Zapata!

TK, let's write a novel.

B
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Sort of a Milagro Beanfield War X (insert astronomical figure here).

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 10:53 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
What would happen if we dropped the borders and declared all Mexicans and Canadians, American citizens? For about 10 years there'd be a tsunami of peasants hitchhiking north. Canada would go nuts trying to keep people formerly known as Mexicans, out. The government of Mexico would effectively collapse in about 5 minutes but would stay in place as a sort of anachronistic state government.

Then the IRS would start scrutinizing the upper 1% of the Mexican income group. There would be a flurry of paperwork heading south and nationalistic claims of sovereignty and immunity headed north. The IRS would stay out but the news media in Mexico would go haywire with all of the accusations and revelations of corruption and favoritism. The peasants would sharpen their machetes. Viva Zapata!

TK, let's write a novel.

B
Bot your scenario sounds about right but with every little group suing the govt. for their fair share of the social services from the govt for all of the specialized needs of each group where do you get the money to pay for all of the special needs for each group. Muslims are suing to have prayer rooms and special washing facilities in public places, Hispanics are suing to have spainish language services in the local govt. What happens when the other nations of South America want the samethings and it is ruled in a court of law that they are entitled and the local,state and federal govt. has to pay?

Look no sweat off my nuts as I have made my bed over here and I will lie in it but what happens to Americans living in the lower 48 when thier life and standards of services from the local, State and federal govt. suffers because all of the money is being spent on the illegals and american wannabees? Look at it now, they are in the country illegally and they are organizing demos demanding citizenship that they are not entitled to too. What demands do this same group make when they are citizens, the sky is the limit, sounds like some just want a free ride on the back of the US govt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in