Ok, Any tohught from the car guys here on this tire failure...... - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
I wouldn't be quite so quick to say that, I was running 75mph in the Blazer when I had the tire go flat, and I had near zero problems with the truck. A Blazer can not be compared to a CLS in handling under ANY conditions except maybe 6" of mud......
Bruce, just to clarify I have an E280 with CLS 500 wheels and tires, the thing that got me about Shane's post is he is calling me liar and considering everything, I have nothing to lie about. Oh well, he is a drama queen sometimes.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 12:59 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Takes no expertise whatsoever mr. techie. The tire sidewall would show signs of being driven on, usually it is in pieces, or at least scarred beyond recognition at those speeds. The sidewall shows NO damage. So...
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Takes no expertise whatsoever mr. techie. The tire sidewall would show signs of being driven on, usually it is in pieces, or at least scarred beyond recognition at those speeds. The sidewall shows NO damage. So...
You are fucking joke Shane, that is what you base calling me a liar on? When it blew I immediately pulled off on the shoulder and stopped, I am not afraid of a flat tire like some who have to drive a half a mile to the nearest station and let the mechanic do it.
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:17 PM
~BANNED~

I do not mean to call you a liar, it is just I have never, ever seen a tire so perfect after a blowout at that speed or significantly less.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
I do not mean to call you a liar, it is just I have never, ever seen a tire so perfect after a blowout at that speed or significantly less.
The only thing I had done that I had notmentioned before was once we got home I had our houseboy take the wheel out of the car and scrub it clean as it was filthy and dirty from all of the dust and dirt on the shoulder of the road. I still have to take it to the shop on Monday and get a new tire and I did not want to transport that dirt on the carpet in my trunk. Other than that my story is accurate. I have no reason to lie about any of it.
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:30 PM
~BANNED~

So be it.
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:53 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Dec 2006
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
JAK-OFF SPLAT IS A LIAR

okay, I'm done now.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Dribble, too bad you have not got the guts to say it to my face but then I bet you are always a big man when hiding behind a name on a website
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 02:00 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do work for Michelin, but am not speaking in an official capacity, just offering my opinion. Looking at the pictures there is no evidence of a stand alone tire failure. While a cut is very possible, it looks to me to be a pinch shock over a very wide area of the tire. Best bet is to return it to a Michelin authorized dealer and have them look it over.
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 03:51 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Dec 2006
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
Dribble, too bad you have not got the guts to say it to my face but then I bet you are always a big man when hiding behind a name on a website
Guts?

I love to fight! Just not bare knuckle,man. I'm in Real Estate and don't want scares on my face......Soooooooo I go to a local gym and work out with 16 oz gloves at least twice a month. 8 oz gloves can still rip your flesh at the cheek bone.

Big man? Nah, 6'0 @195lbs with anger issues. I have, although, had my ass handed to me by a 5'7" @156lb man before. He actually dislocated my jaw! Yeah, Karma is a bitch sometimes.

Last edited by amgdriven; 07-23-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in