post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: May 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Mercedes Wallpapers

Hey guys, got a few seconds to spare?

I've been working on a website for over a year now, and I just launched it publicly this evening. It's basically a new-age wallpaper site, and yes, there are quite a few Mercedes wallpapers. There is no dominate brand name in the wallpaper industry right now, but there is plenty of demand. Before this, I used to find my wallpapers by searching Google Images, sorting through the odd sizes and inaccurate images. This will hopefully end all that. Enough background chat. The site is Desktop Nexus:

Desktop Nexus Wallpapers - Free Wallpapers and Backgrounds for your Computer

It's revolutionary. Imagine someone uploading a 1024x768 wallpaper, then someone requesting it in 1600x1200. The system will automatically resize and remaster the wallpaper, delivering it at the correct size. If someone requests a widescreen version of that same wallpaper, it uses AJAX to crop, stretch, resize, and remaster the image again, delivering a native widescreen version of that wallpaper. With Desktop Nexus, there is no more boundaries of who can and can't download wallpapers because of their screen size, or the size uploaded... any wallpaper will now work on almost any screen.

It supports tagging to connect similar wallpapers together. It allows ANYONE to upload wallpapers (even zip files for mass uploads), then uses member-moderation where the community chooses if the wallpapers are good enough to be added to the galleries. Right now it doesn't have a lot of variety, but if you have a few minutes, feel free to upload any wallpapers you have to share with everyone else. :zoom:

Again, the Mercedes wallpapers are here, but you can find more specific cars using tags, such as CLK63's or SL55's. There aren't too many tags in the Mercedes gallery right now, but they'll grow in time.

Anyway, there's a lot more to it, but I could go on for an hour and bore you to death. Check it out, and I'd really appreciate feedback, comments, or suggestions.

Also, you can see some highlights of the site here: Harry Maugans » Desktop Nexus Goes Live!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 10:14 AM
BenzWorld Member
Vehicle: 600SL
That Skyline is sick.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by trx440
That Skyline is sick.
This one? Nissan Wallpaper ID 394 - Desktop Nexus Cars

I agree.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: