LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:03 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S420 Midnight Blue 113,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Lets discuss partisanship. Gonzo steps in fires 8, Clinton steps and has all 92 fired by Janet Reno. Big deal...naw, not to the elite media. But 8??, Oh yeah. How about Wolfie (supported of Bush).....becomes Pres of World Bank, launches initiative to end corruption at the place, gets railroaded out because of pay raise for girlfriend...What happened when Kofi Annan s son was accused of Oil for money and dealings with Hussain's Irag...nothing......media not interested. Do you know the single largest donater to the Democratic party is Soros. Guess who is really funding the ACLU (remember them-the group that allows teachers to brainwash our kids in public schools).....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
In everyone's, all politicians, the admin, the public's mind it is about partisanship but not in GW's mind but he is gone in 08 and then what happens? The economy and the country goes to hell and everyone pays the price
Let me ask you a question. Do you believe that our attorney general is independently exercising control and responsibility over those under him, or do you believe he is a front man, doing what he's told by one or more higher-ups in the Bush administration? For the sake of clarity, my first scenario is acceptable and expected, my second power grab scenario is essentially an act of treason. Competent people independently doing their job to the best of their ability withstand partisan scrutiny.

But to each his own. I can't imagine anything more loathsome than promoting and sponsoring mass murder. But hey, that's just me...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:13 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Let me ask you a question. Do you believe that our attorney general is independently exercising control and responsibility over those under him, or do you believe he is a front man, doing what he's told by one or more higher-ups in the Bush administration? For the sake of clarity, my first scenario is acceptable and expected, my second power grab scenario is essentially an act of treason. Competent people independently doing their job to the best of their ability withstand partisan scrutiny.

But to each his own. I can't imagine anything more loathsome than promoting and sponsoring mass murder. But hey, that's just me...
Point taken but heh, nobody can prove your scenario 2 that you laid out so no foul, no harm.
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcunningham42
Lets discuss partisanship. Gonzo steps in fires 8, Clinton steps and has all 92 fired by Janet Reno. Big deal...naw, not to the elite media. But 8??, Oh yeah.
If you cannot grasp the distinction in those scenarios, it is only because you don't want to.
Quote:
How about Wolfie (supported of Bush).....becomes Pres of World Bank, launches initiative to end corruption at the place, gets railroaded out because of pay raise for girlfriend...What happened when Kofi Annan s son was accused of Oil for money and dealings with Hussain's Irag...nothing......media not interested. Do you know the single largest donater to the Democratic party is Soros. Guess who is really funding the ACLU (remember them-the group that allows teachers to brainwash our kids in public schools).....
Ah yes, Wolfowitz, the brilliant architect of the 'let's invade Iraq instead of punishing those who attacked us' campaign. Lord knows the man needed to be rewarded for his stellar service to our country and the people of Iraq.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:17 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
And Expat, I was referring to Rice, I guess you didn't read elau's post?
Oh I read Elau's comment I just thought that since you are OLD300D the Alzheimers was acting up again when you said they should lock her up, I knew you could not be talking so incoherantly about our Sec. of State..
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Lets discuss partisanship. Gonzo steps in fires 8, Clinton steps and has all 92 fired by Janet Reno. Big deal...naw, not to the elite media. But 8??, Oh yeah. How about Wolfie (supported of Bush).....becomes Pres of World Bank, launches initiative to end corruption at the place, gets railroaded out because of pay raise for girlfriend...What happened when Kofi Annan s son was accused of Oil for money and dealings with Hussain's Irag...nothing......media not interested. Do you know the single largest donater to the Democratic party is Soros. Guess who is really funding the ACLU (remember them-the group that allows teachers to brainwash our kids in public schools).....
This post is the polar opposite of concise and objective. Do you understand that Clinton, and Reagan before him, as a matter of routine, replaces the entire lot of USAs, without prejudice, upon entering office. W did it too, upon entering office. The current issue has NOTHING to do with this standard practice. W is replacing his OWN appointees, with STRONG prejudice and not providing any explanations. And for good reason apparently, as the real reasons for the dismissals seem to be extremely damaging, for not digging up enough dirt and not playing election politics. In other words, for abandoning any shred of independence and regard for the law.

OBK #35

post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:30 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Ah yes, Wolfowitz, the brilliant architect of the 'let's invade Iraq instead of punishing those who attacked us' campaign. Lord knows the man needed to be rewarded for his stellar service to our country and the people of Iraq.
You guys should really look at the strategy before speaking......Wolfie was not rewarded nor was appointed for a job well done, he was appointed to the WB as a friend the administration could call on who was in charge of the WB that gives out billions of USD loans to poor countries. Let's say fore instance have a new fledgling democratic nation such as Iraq who has just had some kind of Democratic government established and the US is on the way out the door but this newly democratic country needs a helping hand. Who you gonna call? Not the fucking GhostBusters, you are going to call your old friend, Wolfie, who you put in the position over at the WB for a sizable low or no interest loan for this new democratic country.
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

^As I implied, he was rewarded for breathtaking incompetence and as an architect of mass murder.

post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
^As I implied, he was rewarded for breathtaking incompetence and as an architect of mass murder.
I have a sneaking suspicion he is not W's boy at all but Dick's. And what does 1 get for "breathtaking incompetence and being an "architect of mass murder" Does a trophy come with that or the Medal of Freedom or what?

Last edited by Jakarta Expat; 05-18-2007 at 11:42 AM.
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
blah, blah blah....

You are too stupid to argue with. The controversy has never been over the president's right to hire and fire USA's. He has the right, but he also has this little problem, see, its in this thing called "the constitution", see, and it says that The People are represented by Congress who have the job to have "oversight" over Little Mr. Prezzy. Now, when the president or his stooges do something, they are required to testify trooffully on why they did it. So instead of your ignorant red herring "Clinton Did It" bullshit you probably pulled out of Michael Savage's ass last night, why don't you face up to what really happened? You support a bunch of fucking liars and crooks. And you know who really funds the ACLU? People like me! Lots and lots of us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in