Osama Obama Praises Japanese Car Makers - To Detroit Execs! - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
I think your analogy is lacking substance, perhaps due to your input filter being out of calibration with reality.
Don't believe everything you think

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 10:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
My point w/ this thread is simply to point out how inept an idiot he is. Though I agree w/ his basic premise, presenting it to a Motor City audience is just plain in-your-face and a definite Sista Souljah Moment!

It is comparable to going to Mecca and telling the Muslim Jihadists how great Catholicism is. And then asking them to convert... He'd be lucky to got out w/ his head.
Well, well, well. The essence of Republican appeal to the masses. Lie to them. JayBush HawkGeorge can't understand how anyone would tell anyone they were responsible for a collosal failure. The Republican Party mantra is to REWARD failures with medals, citations and promotions so they don't seem like failures, or are not attributed to anyone in charge who caused them. All while chanting little lies about "who could have known?" and the like.

This is the most important reason why Republicans cannot be trusted to be responsible for anything as it is outside their mindset to actually be responsible for anything. Thanks for making it clear Birdman, and hope those who share your outlook that it is better to lie or be silent about subjects of importance rather than speak out honestly find their way to a modern day Alcatraz with you. Jim

Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 11:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
old300D's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Don't believe everything you think
I don't have to. My calibration is updated regularly.

OBK #35

old300D is offline  
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 02:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
How is I knew you would find a way to blame President Bush for bad American car sales too... Don't you ever tire of bashing our President and dragging our country through the mud? There's an Al Qaeda Job Application somewhere here in the OT...
You really do need to learn how to read and comprehend. Now, go back and read what I wrote and you will see that I said: “Many people see Detroit's inability to get with the concept of fuel efficient cars and to start developing smarter, more market driven vehicles as a symptom of Big Business gone bad, much like Big Oil. They also associate that approach with Bush and many of the Republicans.”

Now, to break that down, it is called an “association”. I stated that “many people see Detroit’s inability to build efficient cars…” and associated that feeling that those folks have with their distrust for Big Oil and their distrust with Bush and his energy policies. When VOTERS make their decisions, and politicians attempt to woo them, the use of “association” is a common concept. There is an association of ideas, a linkage as it were. Remember, the post was about "THOUGHTS OF VOTERS"

Note that NOWHERE did I even begin to blame Bush for the bad American car sales. Had I wanted to do that, I would have posted something like “If Bush had shown any interest in the Automobile industry at the beginning of his first term and noted that most of the rest of the world had started moving toward more fuel efficient automobiles [and economically overtaking the Big 3] he would have talked to the Auto Execs instead of refusing to talk to them in 2002 when they requested a meeting to discuss the industry”.

See the difference.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.

Last edited by mcbear; 05-15-2007 at 02:35 PM.
mcbear is offline  
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 02:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
My point w/ this thread is simply to point out how inept an idiot he is. Though I agree w/ his basic premise, presenting it to a Motor City audience is just plain in-your-face and a definite Sista Souljah Moment!

It is comparable to going to Mecca and telling the Muslim Jihadists how great Catholicism is. And then asking them to convert... He'd be lucky to got out w/ his head.
You mean like when Bush tries to establish Christian based Democracies in Muslum countries without an invitation?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
You really do need to learn how to read and comprehend. Now, go back and read what I wrote and you will see that I said: “Many people see Detroit's inability to get with the concept of fuel efficient cars and to start developing smarter, more market driven vehicles as a symptom of Big Business gone bad, much like Big Oil. They also associate that approach with Bush and many of the Republicans.”

Now, to break that down, it is called an “association”. I stated that “many people see Detroit’s inability to build efficient cars…” and associated that feeling that those folks have with their distrust for Big Oil and their distrust with Bush and his energy policies. When VOTERS make their decisions, and politicians attempt to woo them, the use of “association” is a common concept. There is an association of ideas, a linkage as it were. Remember, the post was about "THOUGHTS OF VOTERS"

Note that NOWHERE did I even begin to blame Bush for the bad American car sales. Had I wanted to do that, I would have posted something like “If Bush had shown any interest in the Automobile industry at the beginning of his first term and noted that most of the rest of the world had started moving toward more fuel efficient automobiles [and economically overtaking the Big 3] he would have talked to the Auto Execs instead of refusing to talk to them in 2002 when they requested a meeting to discuss the industry”.

See the difference.
NO...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
You mean like when Bush tries to establish Christian based Democracies in Muslum countries without an invitation?
NO...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
old300D's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^^^ of course not. What were you thinking anyway Mcbear?

OBK #35

old300D is offline  
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 06:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
^^^ of course not. What were you thinking anyway Mcbear?
I don't know, I try and try but apparently to no avail. I could just give up trying but what fun would that be. It keeps me in training for when I mug Sen. McConnell's Legislative Assistants.

Every time they say something stupid or have that deer in the headlights look I just kick back and realize that they are simply amateurs. It's like having an extra two gears.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I don't know, I try and try but apparently to no avail. I could just give up trying but what fun would that be. It keeps me in training for when I mug Sen. McConnell's Legislative Assistants.

Every time they say something stupid or have that deer in the headlights look I just kick back and realize that they are simply amateurs. It's like having an extra two gears.
You mistake "that deer in the headlights look" for what they are really thinking: "How can anyone be that stupid? look..." I often wonder the same thing. The "extra gears" are Reverse and Neuter."

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 05-15-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    On Usama Obama ... Barak Osama ... Botnst Off-Topic 14 01-28-2010 09:13 PM
    Osama Obama really wows 'em--puts them to sleep Jayhawk Off-Topic 1 05-14-2007 11:25 AM
    Nice article about German car makers PhoenixS4-SLK55 R171 SLK-Class 0 03-29-2004 09:27 AM
    U guys reckon luxury car makers will up their price when(if) Nasdaq hits 5K points again? Gof R170 SLK-Class 6 04-22-2001 04:10 PM
    Where are your pics from the Detroit car show ??? ;-)) Tim (CH) R170 SLK-Class 4 01-08-2001 06:45 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome