DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Theft in Progress and Baltimore Police Response

This morning around 9:00am I saw a theft in progress. I watched three guys stealing a lawn mower from a neighbor and loading it into a van. I photographed the theft in progress while calling 911.
Almost a half hour later and after the thieves have left there was no police response. I then called the Police Office Station directly and got an earful from the officer in charge of answering the phone after I asked him “what's a typical wait time for the police to show up while a theft is in progress?”
After I hung up with him I called 911 again and to my surprise they had no record of me calling them so I had to go through the whole story again. Ten minutes later the police showed up.
I supplied them with photo printouts of the suspects, their van and license number. I even have a shot of one of the suspect giving me the finger as I caught them in the act. I would love to post the pictures but I can't because I could be stepping on their Constitutional rights or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 08:48 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Considering how often you call the Police dept. you should get a hotline (peferably a red phone) installed directly to the Police dept. you know something like the Batphone.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Nah, I am going to refuse to call 911 from now on whenever a crime is unfolding. I will either watch if it is not my property heck even cheer them up but if it's my house I will let the dog lose on them or get my big knife and skin them in the basement. I might open an online store for fresh venison, any interests?
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 09:02 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I hunted white tail deer in Virginia growing up as a boy, pretty much came home with one every year. I am not sure some low life drugged up piece of shit would pass for venison. But good luck, I hope that works out for you but if you keep fucking with those asshole Baltimore cops they are going to come visit you one day.

Did they give you the OK that you get your Nazi bullets back within a certain amount of time?
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
I dropped the bullets subject and never asked them back for them after I found out that you can buy them online for $9.95 a set of two magazines (10 bullets). That's cheap but the gun to fire them isn't. Oh well! Anyway I am more adept at using my knife than shooting. My wife beats me in every target practice or when we go "skeet an trap" near NASA's Goddard (my favorite range).
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
This morning around 9:00am I saw a theft in progress. I watched three guys stealing a lawn mower from a neighbor and loading it into a van. I photographed the theft in progress while calling 911.
Almost a half hour later and after the thieves have left there was no police response. I then called the Police Office Station directly and got an earful from the officer in charge of answering the phone after I asked him “what's a typical wait time for the police to show up while a theft is in progress?”
After I hung up with him I called 911 again and to my surprise they had no record of me calling them so I had to go through the whole story again. Ten minutes later the police showed up.
I supplied them with photo printouts of the suspects, their van and license number. I even have a shot of one of the suspect giving me the finger as I caught them in the act. I would love to post the pictures but I can't because I could be stepping on their Constitutional rights or something.
Call your local newspaper and tell em your story. Then through the freedom of information act, get copies of the 911 calls. Make sure you document the first time you called them.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Premium Member
Look on the bright side, you don't live in DC where they don't answer 911 calls.

post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Call your local newspaper and tell em your story. Then through the freedom of information act, get copies of the 911 calls. Make sure you document the first time you called them.
Trust me the Baltimore Police Department has bigger fish to fry than to worry about concerns from citizens like me. The reason the officer went off the handle on me on the phone is because he is riddled with guilt and feels like anyone calling is putting him down or some shit like that. It was unbelievable I had to tell the guy to shut the fuk up so I can say something (in a nice way) while he was going on and on how I dared questioning a police officer. I had to forcefully interrupt his ass and tell him to relax and breathe in, can you believe that? I had to hang up on him because he would not shut up. Only after I called the 911 operator a second time that they showed up like ten minutes later which is amazing because my average wait is like between 45 minutes and one hour whenever I call 911 for police. So as I said, they don't like to deal with theft even if it is in progress because I have done this THREE times and it's always the same outcome.
I heard on the radio a few months ago on the Ed Norris Show (He used to be the big cheese at the Baltimore Police before they sent him to jail for embezzlement) that the patrol guys whenever they get a call of some shooting they just simply wait by swinging by 7 Eleven for a doughnut or something until it's all settled down then show up for the body count. Hey maybe that's what they are doing when I call, they are waiting for me to shoot a mofo if he breaks in my house or something. I mean what else can I do? I swear if I did not have kids and animals I would booby trap the friggin house just to watch one of them assholes thieves squirm in pain to a slow and painful death. Unfortunately this is maybe the only way to feel like justice is done because the police can't uphold it through their incompetence. Oh yeah I forgot, the cop that finally showed up blamed it on the 911 operator; cool that's the same answer I got every time they finally showed up. Why don't they fix it huh?

Last edited by DP; 05-09-2007 at 01:36 PM.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarter53
Look on the bright side, you don't live in DC where they don't answer 911 calls.
I lived in DC but it was nothing like Baltimore. I used to live at the intersection of Mass and Wisconsin near the Cathedral if you know where that is. I never had to call the police. When I lived in Montgomery County the cops would show up in FIVE minutes whenever the old lady next door to me had her cat stuck up a tree. It's a class issue my friend. If you live in a poor area you get what you deserve. If I had called say from Guilford which is a very well to do neighborhood in Baltimore those same cops would have been at my door with a pizza in less than five minutes.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
Nah, I am going to refuse to call 911 from now on whenever a crime is unfolding. I will either watch if it is not my property heck even cheer them up but if it's my house I will let the dog lose on them or get my big knife and skin them in the basement. I might open an online store for fresh venison, any interests?
Naaah, just open a donut shop, and you will be fine.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in