Republicans foil another terror plot...... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Republicans foil another terror plot......

6 Charged In Alleged Terror Plot Against N.J. Soldiers

NEW YORK -- Six men from New Jersey have been arrested in an alleged terror plot against soldiers at Fort Dix, according to law enforcement sources.

Investigators said the men planned to use automatic rifles to enter Fort Dix and kill as many soldiers as they could at the New Jersey military base. Fort Dix was just one of several military and security locations allegedly scouted by this group, authorities said.

The suspects, identified as Dritan Duka, Eljvir Duka, Shain Duka, Mohamad Shnewer, Derdar Tatar and Agron Abdullahu, have been charged with conspiring to kill U.S. government employees. Separately, the Duka brothers have been charged with being illegal aliens in possession of firearms.

The Dukas, believed to be Islamic radicals, are in the United States illegally, while Shnewer is a U.S. citizen born in Jordan, according to the Justice Department.

The U.S. Attorney's office has told NewsChannel 4 that one of the suspects was born in Turkey and four in the former Yugoslavia. Investigators said most of the suspects have spent several years in the United States.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said Tuesday there is "no direct evidence" that the men have ties to international terrorism.

"They are not charged with being members of an international terrorism organization," Snow said. "At least at this point, there is no evidence that they received direction from international terror organizations."

Investigators told NewsChannel 4's Jonathan Dienst that these arrests are the result of a tip to the FBI and use of an informant to track the suspects. Authorities were alerted in January 2006 after the terror suspects traveled to the Poconos for a training exercise where they practiced firing weapons, investigators said.

Sources have told NewsChannel 4's Brian Thompson that the suspects tried to have a training videotape converted to DVD at a store in Cherry Hill, N.J., but the store owner alerted authorities.

Authorities then inserted a cooperating witness into the alleged terror cell to be a go-between in their attempt to purchase M16 and AK-47 rifles. Arrests were made Monday night after the informant delivered dummy weapons paid for by the alleged terror cell suspects, authorities said.

Click here to read the criminal complaint against the suspects (pdf).
Investigators said the group discussed targeting numerous locations -- such as Dover Air base, Fort Monmouth, a Coast Guard building in Philadelphia and the Philadelphia Federal building -- before deciding on Fort Dix as their intended target. Fort Dix is run in part by the Army and is a reserve-training center, but active units take part in training, some of which focuses on counter-terrorism.
Sources told NewsChannel 4's Brian Thompson that the family of one of the suspects owns a pizzeria near Fort Dix and claimed to know the base "like the back of his hand." The same suspect told the alleged terror group it would be easy to penetrate to "get the most soldiers killed," sources said.
Investigators said the group of suspects have been discussing and planning for much of the last year. They allegedly pooled their savings to pay for the operation targeted at soldiers, according to investigators.
Some of the group's alleged planning was caught on videotape, investigators said. On the videotape there is significant discussion of martyrdom.
"Who is going to take care of my wife and kids?" one suspect asks on the tape, according to investigators. Another responds, "Allah will take care of your wife and kids."
The alleged terror cell is described by investigators as disciples of Osama Bin Laden. Among the evidence seized was the downloaded will and testament of two Sept. 11 hijackers.
The suspects will be arraigned Tuesday afternoon in front of a federal magistrate at 1 p.m.
6 Charged In Alleged Terror Plot Against N.J. Soldiers - News Story - WNBC | New York
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 09:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What, does that make two now, in 6 years?

OBK #35

post #3 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
What, does that make two now, in 6 years?

And how many did ole Bill and Hillary capture thier 8 years in office?
post #4 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 09:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Exclamation

were they working for the CIA?.....undercover!
post #5 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 09:51 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
And how many did ole Bill and Hillary capture thier 8 years in office?
Oh I get it. The republican's record doesn't stand on it's own. You want to take credit without taking responsibility.

OBK #35

post #6 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
Oh I get it. The republican's record doesn't stand on it's own. You want to take credit without taking responsibility.

Yeah just about like ole Bill and Hillary said after 9/11, oh we had nothing to do with Osama, Bush should have stopped him. That is why there was such a hoopla over Bill's buddy stealing documents concerning that. All I can say if the DEMS win in 08, you guys are lot less safer.
post #7 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
From the cryptic news stories I have read so far, it sounds to me like the FBI was at least skirting the edges of entrapment. Hopefully a richer description will come out.

B
post #8 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
From the cryptic news stories I have read so far, it sounds to me like the FBI was at least skirting the edges of entrapment. Hopefully a richer description will come out.

B
Bot, hypothetically if they were guilty of entrapment but the 6 were also guilty of all the charges so far, should they release them and let them go due to this entrapment?

For me. Fuck no
post #9 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 10:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
Bot, hypothetically if they were guilty of entrapment but the 6 were also guilty of all the charges so far, should they release them and let them go due to this entrapment?

For me. Fuck no
That's the diff between covert ops and legal ops. The danger is in confusing the two. If it is law enforcement then full constitutional protections MUST be in play or else every citizen is diminished by the State's appeal to security --where does that end?

If this had been a covert or clandestine operation then it would be overseas and I'd expect them all to be dead. End of story.

B
post #10 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
That's the diff between covert ops and legal ops. The danger is in confusing the two. If it is law enforcement then full constitutional protections MUST be in play or else every citizen is diminished by the State's appeal to security --where does that end?

If this had been a covert or clandestine operation then it would be overseas and I'd expect them all to be dead. End of story.

B
Well it is good thing that the US govt. has Mr. Gonzales there to interpret the Bill of rights and the Constitution and the current laws on the books to protect all the people
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in