BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego97
/\ youre right!

its the liberal, you can kill me later but can we just talk about it first, philosophy

vs.

fuck you youre dead and we'll talk about it later approach!

god i hope the next president has some balls, i only wish juiliani had a mafia mentality
Wow, you really make sense. If you really want to go partisan, let's list the accomplishments of the republicans....

Guiliani did nothing except put a command center full of diesel fuel in harm's way after the '91 attack on the WTC. There is NO port security yet. There is NO immigration documentation, let alone reform, yet. Because of the Iraq debacle, our national guard cannot respond adequately to natural disasters. We are still COMPLETELY dependent on foreign oil, our trade deficit is out of sight and our manufacturing base is gone to outsourcing.

Not to mention the administration has implemented civil rights abuses on Americans with zip to show for it. So far all the results have been circus acts on idiots. I suspect the latest incident, the subject of this thread, will bear out in a similar fashion. Oh, we have to take off our shoes at airports now because of another idiot, Richard Reed. Big whoop.

OBK #35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: '13 Sprinter 3500 - '12 R350 - '97 E420 - '89 Ferrari Mondial - '88 560SL
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
you know i agree with most of what you say and hence the comment i hope the next president has some balls i feel we could have done so much more, i disagree with you regarding the need for the Iraq war but set that aside i'm not happy with the lack of agressive tenacity on my party, i want more shock and awe, i want double walls on my borders, and i want the Iraq people / goverment to pay us back for their 'liberation' and until we find an alternative i want that pay back in the form of black gold.

but my friend in Denver, when i look to the other side for a solution or something better i see nothing, absolutely nothing! Hillary is your answer? this is no longer about a strong economy or heath care for all this is about keeping our way of life secure and i'm sorry but the current choices for leadership is pathetic at best!
post #33 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:42 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
you know i agree with most of what you say and hence the comment i hope the next president has some balls i feel we could have done so much more, i disagree with you regarding the need for the Iraq war but set that aside i'm not happy with the lack of agressive tenacity on my party, i want more shock and awe, i want double walls on my borders, and i want the Iraq people / goverment to pay us back for their 'liberation' and until we find an alternative i want that pay back in the form of black gold.

but my friend in Denver, when i look to the other side for a solution or something better i see nothing, absolutely nothing! Hillary is your answer? this is no longer about a strong economy or heath care for all this is about keeping our way of life secure and i'm sorry but the current choices for leadership is pathetic at best!
It was always our oil anyway
And based on what you're saying, the people of Iraq invited us to topple Saddam, right?
They should be accountable for this mess, right?

Last edited by DP; 05-08-2007 at 04:44 PM.
post #34 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
What, does that make two now, in 6 years?
Thanks to our President we have them on the run...

Don't believe everything you think
post #35 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:49 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Thanks to our President we have them on the run...
And you're on leave from the loony farm
post #36 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Vehicle: '13 Sprinter 3500 - '12 R350 - '97 E420 - '89 Ferrari Mondial - '88 560SL
Lifetime Premium Member
good. and since everybody thinks we went over there for that reason i say take it! Someone needs to pay for all this shit. Pay back time and why not? i'll answer that for ya... we dont have the balls to demand it and forget it if nancy and hillary become our queens.
post #37 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:52 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
good. and since everybody thinks we went over there for that reason i say take it! Someone needs to pay for all this shit. Pay back time and why not? i'll answer that for ya... we dont have the balls to demand it and forget it if nancy and hillary become our queens.
You know that it's not going to be enough, should we just go ahead and take out Kuweit, Saudi and Iran and really secure OUR oil?
post #38 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Last week on 60 Minutes, they interviewed another Muslim who went turncoat and is now helping Indonesian authorities, etc. track down terrorists. He said something that answered a question that has been bugging me for ages, which is this - "What is the currency of the terrorist?"

Switching Sides: Inside The Enemy Camp, Bob Simon Talks To A Former Terrorist Commander - CBS News
It's not often you get a chance to talk to someone who was a key player inside a terrorist organization for twenty years, but 60 Minutes correspondent Bob Simon did just that when he interviewed Nasir Abas, one of the most valuable members of a terrorist group ever to change sides and work for the authorities. Abas is from Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation. And he was a top commander in Jemaah Islamiyah, al Qaeda's franchise operation in Southeast Asia.

When Abas was inside the organization, he trained hundreds of young militants to become terrorists and became one of the most wanted men in the region. For 20 years, he worked to achieve an Islamic state throughout Southeast Asia. He embraced the idea of a holy war and spoke the language of jihad.

"I hate the infidels," Abas admits he once believed.

"When you say you hate the infidels … infidel is a word that means something, in your language, in Jemaah Islamiyah or al Qaeda. … But explain to me, what is an infidel?" Simon asks.

"Infidel is a non-Muslim people," Abas replies.

"And you hated non-Muslim people," Simon remarks. "At that time you would have hated me."

"Of course. But now not," Abas says.

Back then, in his days as a terrorist, Abas' view of the world was simple: black and white. But that ended in October 2002, when the island of Bali, known in the west as a paradise and a playground, was shattered by explosions.

Two massive bombs blew that paradise apart, killing 202 people. The victims were mostly young people from Australia, the U.S. and the U.K.

Nasir Abas had nothing to do with the attack itself, but he knew what was behind it because he knew the bombers. He had trained them.

"How do you feel about so many of your friends causing the death of so many innocent people?" Simon asks.

"I feel unhappy, I feel sinful," Abas replies.

He says he feels sinful because he taught the bombers much of what they knew.

Within days of the bombings, police zeroed in on Jemaah Islamiyah. Three of its members, the key planners, were brothers; the mastermind was Abas' brother-in-law. It was really a family affair, and it didn't take long for police to track down Abas himself. When they knocked on his door, he says he attacked the police with the hope that they would kill him.

"It is better to die than to be arrested," Abas explains.

Asked if he wanted to die as a martyr, Abas says, "Correct."

"You must have been very disappointed," Simon remarks.

"Of course, at that time," Abas acknowledges.
The allegation is that public arrests and trials of these murderous backwards fuckballs really pisses them off. Threatening that you're going to kill them is like telling Jakarta Expat that he's going to get paid to get oily handjobs from Balinese teenagers...that's exactly what they want more than anything. What they abhorr more than anything is an arrest, and a public trial.

Sooooo....gets me thinking at least, we could have a field day with these bastards in Guantanamo. Publicly try them - all of them. In American courts. 1) It'll restore some of the world's confidence in our judgement, and 2) It'll do more to punish the souls of the jihadists than pursuing them to their graves ever would.

The worst that could happen is we find lots of innocents among the detainees, and let their governments be the bad guys when they won't let them come back home. The best that could happen is we make mockaries of them, let them spill their bile and venom for everyone to see, and refuse to kill them. In fact, we should try to kill them with kindness, since killing them with hate seems to have this counter-intuitive, bizarro-world galvanizing effect on our enemy. Maybe after we try them and find them guilty, we forgive them, and let them go free....put them on an airplane to the country of their choosing, or let them stay here. Provide them room and board for a few months, help them find a job and a mosque, etc. How much worse could it be than what we have now?
post #39 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
It was always our oil anyway
And based on what you're saying, the people of Iraq invited us to topple Saddam, right?
They should be accountable for this mess, right?

Victims dont usually ask for help they typically just die from apathy.

and yes, they should thank us later for it, we'll accept their gratitude.
post #40 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:59 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
i want that pay back in the form of black gold.

WTF? We don't have the tactical resources to protect the extraction, processing, or transport infrastructure well enough to allow the Iraqis to supply their own needs much less quench our thirst. Despite the warmonger's declaration's, Iraqi oil will never and could have never paid for the invasion, occupation, and quagmirizeation of Iraq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in