LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
There was a mass immigration reform like this tried back in 1986, under Ronald Reagan. ALL the illegals at the time had their status adjusted. That was supposed to fix it, and look at it now, it is much worse.

The babies of illegals born in USA are automatically US citizens. "Fruit of the Poison Tree", there is something wrong with that

Guess what, after 1986, still millions *more* came. Bringing just what we need: a high birthrate, low social and educational levels, just a "desire to work" (and send the money back to their country)

The net result is negative to this country. I am NOT with the liberals on this one.

Fine and jail the people who employ these people, and deport all the illegals catch.
Maybe jail them for a year, to impress on them well and good that coming here this way will NOT give them a way to support their family.

Dry up the reason ("work") for them to come and come they won't if no one will give them work.

It is a pressure valve for Mexico (especially) and it's problems to be sure. Maybe give them a gun when they are deported, "You don't like it there, here's a gun, go change it yourself"

Let them apply to be here legally, and stand in line if they want to come.

Diesel mechanics and french pastry chefs, to the head of the line

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by cascade; 05-01-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 04:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
There was a mass immigration reform like this tried back in 1986, under ronadl Reagan. ALL the illegals at the time had their status adjusted. That was supposed to fix it, and look at it now, it is much worse.

The babies of illegals born in USA are automatically US citizens. "Fruit of the Poison Tree", there is something wrong with that

Guess what, millions *more* came. High birthrate, low social and educational levels, just a "desire to work" (and send the money back to their country)

The net result is negative to this country. I am NOT with the liberals on this one.

Fine and jail the people who employ these people, and deport all they catch.

Dry up the reason ("work") for them to come an they won't if no one will give them work.

It is a pressure valve for Mexico to be sure. Maybe give them a gun when they are deported, "You don't like it there, here's a gun, go change it yourself"

Let them apply to be here legally, stand in line.
And actually learn English.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Exactly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg immigration-oz_001 illegal legal.jpg (34.1 KB, 47 views)
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slktyperice
This is BS. Immigrant rights? They're here illegally. They don't deserve rights. They deserve to go back to Mexico.

The media trying to add an Asian spin to the issue is also disillusioned. Less than 1 million Asian illegals, because it's harder to swim across the Pacific than to walk across a small desert. The problem is >50% Hispanic, and in terms of what people are rallying for, it mostly affects Hispanics.

I'm sick of hearing sob stories of separated families, hard workers, and individual situations. The bottom line is, if you don't want to be separated from your family, don't leave where you came from in the first place.

Illegals need to get over themselves. They think we need them more than we really do. Look at today. Everyone's marching in downtown, and business is just as usual. Labor costs go up if we don't have illegals, so pass that cost onto the consumer. I'll pay $2 instead of $1 for a head of lettuce. I'm sick of paying $35,000 in taxes a year, only to see half of it going to Iraq, and the other half on free healthcare for illegals and welfare for their 10 kids who are legal because they were born here.

Why aren't people more pissed off about these rallies?
gee, that's a hard one. Let me give it a shot. Let's see, ah, because we invited them here? Ah, because there is no one arresting the people giving them jobs? Or is it because big corporations are now hiring them so they can bust their unions? Let me know how I did on the test.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
gee, that's a hard one. Let me give it a shot. Let's see, ah, because we invited them here? Ah, because there is no one arresting the people giving them jobs? Or is it because big corporations are now hiring them so they can bust their unions? Let me know how I did on the test.
Very good except you forgot one very important piece of the jigsaw puzzle: That the Democrat Party plays both sides on the issue by sucking-up to unions like Monica on Bill's horn-of-plenty while at the same time, pumping illegals through the citizenship tube like water in a firehouse knowing that most will be grateful and therefore loyal Democrat Party voters.

It's a win-win for both parties and that's why nothing gets done.

I'm sure you were going to mention it later. Sorry to beat you to it.

B
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slktyperice
10 dollar hamburger? Sure. Replace illegal fast food worker with pimply faced teenager, also working minimum wage. Cost: Minimal.

Replace illegal meat packer with legal immigrant meat packer. Cost: Additional $5/hour including benefits. How many hamburgers do they put out an hour? Do you really think it's a $9 difference passed on to the consumer?

The real cost of an illegal to the government, over the entire lifetime, is present value $125,000. The present value of future costs of of all illegals right now living in the U.S. is over $1.5 trillion (assuming 12 million illegals). 12 million illegals do not provide $1.5 trillion of cost savings for the economy over their lifetime. That's just hard numbers. We're not even talking about the negative social impacts of illegals in the U.S.

Still wanna argue with me?
Arguing with you is easy. You propose the removal of 12 million people from the labor force. You also seem to not note that the pimply face teenagers all have jobs, and few Americans will work in a slaughterhouse simply because better jobs are available that are more pleasant. If the Mexicans leave, slaughterhouse work would be subjected to true real market forces - getting someone to work in a slaughterhouse, like getting someone to clean the shit from your pipes, will now cost you big bucks.

I would like to see the source of your "hard numbers". Illegals are not entitled to Social Security, so SSI is to them a direct tax, a tax paid to the baby boomers, essentially. Couple that with the fact that every hamburger sold, every lawn mowed, every tree planted, every truck unloaded, every house built, etc etc ad infinitum would rise in price if the Mexicans were removed, only an idiot would believe they have an overall negative effect.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Very good except you forgot one very important piece of the jigsaw puzzle: That the Democrat Party plays both sides on the issue by sucking-up to unions like Monica on Bill's horn-of-plenty while at the same time, pumping illegals through the citizenship tube like water in a firehouse knowing that most will be grateful and therefore loyal Democrat Party voters.

It's a win-win for both parties and that's why nothing gets done.

I'm sure you were going to mention it later. Sorry to beat you to it.

B
The Democrats simply realize that a slave class in this country is viscerally revolting. The choice has always been simple: enforce the laws against hiring them, or begin the process of uniting the US and Mexico, something that is happening anyway. I personally think the whole thing is a system of slavery and a violation of the 13th Amendment. I commend anyone who does anything to alleviate the plight of these people. Fucking bunch of cunts who whine about them are too cruel to even begin to comprehend that people who work their asses of for 250 bucks a week before taxes deserve a little compassion. You can smear the Democrats all you want, at least they see the humanity in these people. I have yet to meet any Democrat, elected or otherwise, that fit your grotesque stereotype. These people are human beings. They are invited guests. They should be treated as such instead of as you'alls new niggers.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 05-01-2007 at 08:03 PM.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
... I have yet to meet any Democrat, elected or otherwise, that fit your grotesque stereotype. These people are human beings. They are invited guests. They should be treated as such instead of as you'alls new niggers.
Why didn't I realize that? Of course the Democrat Party isn't cynically playing the unions and immigrants and businesses against each other! Damn!

Ever worked with poor folks? I have, several times. Nobody in the United States is poor on the planetary scale. It's just when we drop our eyeglasses and view the world through our utopian myopia that we look at obese people with only 1 TV, running water, a stove and a refrigerator, and call them poor.

In a moment of honesty I'll reveal what I think of this mess with Mexico: I don't know what to think. About half the time I think having a southern border with Mexico is stupid and we should just drop it and give every Mexican citizenship. We would have Mexico as a 51st state without firing a shot.

Mexico is mineral and agriculturally rich. It has great fisheries. It is poor because of an entrenched oligarchic kleptocracy that cynically drives it's people across the border to send wealth back to support their parasitic lifestyle. It's a nightmare and it isn't improving as fast as it's population is demanding. If we deported 12,000,000 pissed-off Mexicans there would be a hell of a revolution in Mexico and stagflation in this country. We can afford neither.

It's a freaking insane mess taht took 160 years to develop and wont be solved in a couple of years of partisan gamesmanship -- which is all that the Republicrats are going to give us ad nauseum.

B
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
The Democrats simply realize that a slave class in this country is viscerally revolting. The choice has always been simple: enforce the laws against hiring them, or begin the process of uniting the US and Mexico, something that is happening anyway.
I'm for option "A"...I didn't invite them. Did you invite them? Bot, did you send an invitation? No? Didn't think so....so yeah, we should probably start sending people to jail for hiring people who aren't really here, and send those people back home. With their fucking kids.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
These people are human beings. They are invited guests. They should be treated as such instead of as you'alls new niggers.
WHO invited them? Nobody I ever heard of did. They just keep coming.
What is your solution, let them ALL come, who want to?

They are uninvited guests, from a crowded poor and DIRTY country. (With all those cleaning women that came? )

They should send all of them back, with their CHILDREN, no more free pass for illegal immigrants who had babies in the USA.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in