Tenet: Bush Administration railroaded the country into war - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Tenet of course, had nothing to do with the Iraq war. I can hardly wait for Powell's book and Ashcroft's book. Oh hell, how about Bush's coloring book?

Starting with Richard Clark, and Dick Durbin, all of these high ranking bastards have sought ways to excuse themselves and shift blame on somebody else. Weasely bastards.

Except John McCain. At least he hasn't shifted blame on others. Or Lieberman. Anybody else out there vote for it whose dog later did not eat their homework?

B
So Durbin at least voted against the Iraq War resolution...

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00237

I'm not sure what the argument against him is...???
Qubes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Claims to have withheld proof that the Bush admin lied our country into war, before the resolution.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Interesting lists:

U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Let's check their voting records, shall we?

Bob Graham - NAY
Carl Levin - NAY
John Rockefeller - YEA
Dianne Feinstein - YEA
Ron Wyden - NAY
Richard Durbin - NAY
Evan Bayh - YEA
John Edwards - YEA
Barbara Mikulski - NAY
Richard Shelby - YEA
Jon Kyl - YEA
James Inhofe - YEA
Orrin Hatch - YEA
Pat Roberts - YEA
Mike DeWine - YEA
Fred Thompson - YEA
Richard Lugar - YEA
Tom Daschle - YEA
Trent Lott - YEA

So, of all the members of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence - the members who were seeing such contradictory evidence, as Mr. Durbin alleges, only 5 individuals saw fit to vote their conscience. Everyone on the committee chose to shirk their obligation to call the evidence into question in ways that didn't compromise the intelligence which had been gathered. Hmmm....

Not suprisingly, all of the NAY's were democrats, regardless as to their membership on the SSCI.

If Durbin's telling the truth, he's a coward, but the likelihood is that he's lying to distance himself politically from the war. The question is, why would he care so much about doing that now?
Qubes is offline  
post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Interesting lists:

U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Let's check their voting records, shall we?

Bob Graham - NAY
Carl Levin - NAY
John Rockefeller - YEA
Dianne Feinstein - YEA
Ron Wyden - NAY
Richard Durbin - NAY
Evan Bayh - YEA
John Edwards - YEA
Barbara Mikulski - NAY
Richard Shelby - YEA
Jon Kyl - YEA
James Inhofe - YEA
Orrin Hatch - YEA
Pat Roberts - YEA
Mike DeWine - YEA
Fred Thompson - YEA
Richard Lugar - YEA
Tom Daschle - YEA
Trent Lott - YEA

So, of all the members of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence - the members who were seeing such contradictory evidence, as Mr. Durbin alleges, only 5 individuals saw fit to vote their conscience. Everyone on the committee chose to shirk their obligation to call the evidence into question in ways that didn't compromise the intelligence which had been gathered. Hmmm....

Not suprisingly, all of the NAY's were democrats, regardless as to their membership on the SSCI.

If Durbin's telling the truth, he's a coward, but the likelihood is that he's lying to distance himself politically from the war. The question is, why would he care so much about doing that now?
Durbin was in a lose-lose. If he had broken his sworn oath by publicly discussing classified information everyone on the Republican side of the world would have been calling for Treason charges. He was able to bring it up now since the White House announced the information and de facto de-classified it.

Where is the cowardice?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 01:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
No wonder everyone was confused...


Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 04-28-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Jayhawk is offline  
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 01:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Durbin was in a lose-lose. If he had broken his sworn oath by publicly discussing classified information everyone on the Republican side of the world would have been calling for Treason charges. He was able to bring it up now since the White House announced the information and de facto de-classified it.

Where is the cowardice?
Durbin is a Dick!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 03:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Durbin was in a lose-lose. If he had broken his sworn oath by publicly discussing classified information everyone on the Republican side of the world would have been calling for Treason charges. He was able to bring it up now since the White House announced the information and de facto de-classified it.

Where is the cowardice?
The cowardice charge is levelled because Durban knew facts that countered the arguments Bush and company were using to push the nation into the invasion of Iraq, and did nothing about it. I do not believe there is nothing that could have been done that fit between the "treason" charges and having the broader audience of Congress view the critical data.

It seems to me, if the real data is only shared in the committee, what was the rest of Congress basing their votes on? That should have been the issue of the time that Durban and the rest of the Dems on the committee who voted "nay" raised to get the data to a wider audience. Merely making it known that there was other evidence that needed to be considered before the vote could take place and have the Senators and Representatives voting know what they were actually voting about would hardly have been a reason to level "treason" charges. I think the guy is either full of shit, or a worthless turd as I don't recall him even trying.

Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 03:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Durbin is a Dick!
You jealous? Got to be better than being an asshole, right, Jaybaugh?

Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 03:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
You jealous? Got to be better than being an asshole, right, Jaybaugh?

Jim
Didn't get it, did you?

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 03:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Didn't get it, did you?
Get it? What are you, 9 or 10 years old? Hey, Cheney is a Dick! Have a good laugh on me, Jaybaugh. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    NK Controlling The Bush Administration? JimSmith Off-Topic 10 10-19-2006 08:44 AM
    Bush administration is not hypocritical 430 Off-Topic 8 12-29-2005 02:47 PM
    Bush mental breakdown? Is Momma Bush actually running the country? FeelTheLove Off-Topic 8 11-18-2005 05:20 PM
    Criminality is at the heart of the Bush Administration FeelTheLove Off-Topic 23 11-10-2005 08:15 AM
    Bush administration diversionary tactics Joe Bauers Off-Topic 3 06-23-2005 07:10 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome