Durbin knew American public was misled into Iraq war - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 09:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bauers
But have you not condemned Durbin on the fact that the information IS convincing enough? To call a man a coward would seem to be a strong indictment. Now, if I'm reading you correctly, you're hedging a tad.

Joe B.

He claims his information was convincing, and he claims he held back for the security reason. I believe he could have just told the whole Senate and House that there was information they needed to see before they voted that brought into question many of the reasons Bush was citing for his case against Saddam, and that any vote they cast without seeing the information would be invalid. The problem then would have been in the hands of those resolving security classification questions for a living, and those responsible for voting in the Congress. And Durbin would be off the hook. Instead he did nothing. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 09:40 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Posts: 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
He claims his information was convincing, and he claims he held back for the security reason. I believe he could have just told the whole Senate and House that there was information they needed to see before they voted that brought into question many of the reasons Bush was citing for his case against Saddam, and that any vote they cast without seeing the information would be invalid. The problem then would have been in the hands of those resolving security classification questions for a living, and those responsible for voting in the Congress. And Durbin would be off the hook. Instead he did nothing. Jim
True, he did the same nothing that every stinking member of the Intelligence Committee did. They all deserve the wrath you are reserving for Durbin. At least one would think so.

Joe B.
Joe Bauers is offline  
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 09:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bauers
True, he did the same nothing that every stinking member of the Intelligence Committee did. They all deserve the wrath you are reserving for Durbin. At least one would think so.

Joe B.
If they were to make the same claims today, they would get the same response. Now that the existence of critical data that could have changed the course of our history over the last five years has been claimed, the information should be checked. If the information is so convincing that the President and VP are impeached, then it would seem the rest of the Senate committee should be tried for treason. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 10:03 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Posts: 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
If they were to make the same claims today, they would get the same response. Now that the existence of critical data that could have changed the course of our history over the last five years has been claimed, the information should be checked. If the information is so convincing that the President and VP are impeached, then it would seem the rest of the Senate committee should be tried for treason. Jim
Agreed. It just seemed to me that you on a bit of a witch hunt over Durbin, when there is LOTS of blame to go around.

Joe B.
Joe Bauers is offline  
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Pretty much. They all held information back, if the information was convincing enough to impeach Bush and Cheney. If not, well, they are off the hook. Jim
If Durbin is correct in his assessment, then all of the members of the Intel Committees of both houses of Congress either colluded with the President or are so f-ing stupid that they should be given a cowbell to play.

Or they are cowards and one coward has a guilty conscience and is trying to by his soul back from history's future indictment.

In any case, the charge should be fully investigated by some Congressional outfit other than members of the Intelligence Committees. Some sort of ad hoc Select Committee. A committee of short duration and limited scope to report whether there is cause to seek criminal indictments and impeachment.

B
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    The American People will finally be heard:Senate, House vote to end the war in Iraq FeelTheLove Off-Topic 28 04-30-2007 02:58 PM
    The knew president of Iraq looks like a wino FeelTheLove Off-Topic 30 07-26-2006 11:34 PM
    Who Benefited from the Iraq War? Shabah Off-Topic 42 12-17-2005 05:00 PM
    Beginning of the American Civil War? FeelTheLove Off-Topic 3 07-01-2005 11:03 AM
    Anti-Iraq War Soldiers form PAC, begin airing new ad against the War FeelTheLove Off-Topic 8 10-15-2004 12:02 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome