So here’s some questions for you all: - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
Excuse me, Iraq did not invade us! There was no Pearl Harbor
Are we speaking Vietnamese right now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Blame the media.
We won WWII because our president took a united nation into war against an enemy that had attacked us. You are too stupid to realize the opposite is what has happened in Iraq, and the press has had little to do with it, in a country awash in media of all persuasions.
Maybe you two rocket scientists could re-read the questions and start again. This was/is NOT a political question, it's a question about the REPORTING of the war.....

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2004 CLK 240 Coupe
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Quote:
Germany declared war on the United States, we did not declare war on them. They immediately began sinking our ships on the high seas. Are you really that uninformed?
Actually, the German Navy were sinking your ships long before the US entered WWII. Not sure if this was reported in your press at the time, but U-boats were operating off your Eastern seabord from 1939 onwards.

Curiously (well maybe not) the press in Ireland were prevented from referring to WWII for the duration of the war! Even though there were thousands of Irish-American families involved across the ocean, the government of the Irish Republic behaved like ostriches and stuck their heads in the sand until the war was over. All wartime films and songs were totally censored from circulation there. Strange indeed!
post #23 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
I asked a simple question based on your assertion. Was it just too tough to provide a straight answer? Do you ever back any of your wild claims? Which of Iraq's neighbors was pleading for military aid? Kuwait? Iran? Jordan? Syria? Saudi Arabia? Turkey? Oops -- just ran out of neighbors.....
It isn't that you liberals are stupid, it's just that you know so much that is wrong. Many ME countries encouraged us--some publicly and some privately--to take Saddam out. These are the ones I recall: Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Jordan(?), Yemen, Bahrain, Qatar, and possibly Cyprus and Oman(?). You need to recall that those were the days right after President Bush said "You are either w/ us or you are against us," and no one wanted to be against us after 9/11. Except for Saddam who said "Up yours!"

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 04-27-2007 at 09:05 AM.
post #24 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 09:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Germany declared war on the United States, we did not declare war on them. They immediately began sinking our ships on the high seas. Are you really that uninformed?
Where did you learn your history? The Liberal Institute of Liberal Idiots (LI-LI)???

post #25 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
It isn't that you liberals are stupid, it's just that you know so much that is wrong. Many ME countries encouraged us--some publicly and some privately--to take Saddam out. These are the ones I recall: Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Jordan(?), Yemen, Bahrain, Qatar, and possibly Cyprus and Oman(?). You need to recall that those were the days right after President Bush said "You are either w/ us or you are against us," and no one wanted to be against us after 9/11. Except for Saddam who said "Up yours!"
So in your alternate reality, Turkey, SA, and Kuwait encouraged our invasion of Iraq? Just like England and France requested our aid in WWII? That is what you said, right? Being bullied into compliance is very, very different from encouragement... Do you even believe the stuff you write?

Quote:
How do you explain Germany? They sure as hell didn't invade us either, but we went to help our allies in Europe, just like we went to help our allies in the Middle East when we went into Iraq.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #26 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
So in your alternate reality, Turkey, SA, and Kuwait encouraged our invasion of Iraq? Just like England and France requested our aid in WWII? That is what you said, right? Being bullied into compliance is very, very different from encouragement... Do you even believe the stuff you write?
You have a very nasty way of trying to put words in peoples mouths that they neither said nor intended. What I said is what I said! Take it or leave it!!

post #27 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 10:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Jaybaugh,

Let's not go by your recollections. How about you post some written accounts that were published in the media showing Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Jordan, Yemen, Bahrain, Qatar and possibly Cyprus and Oman, and, even Turkey implored the United States Government to invade Iraq in 2003? I would also like to see a published roll call of the world's nations who responded to the "You are either w/us or you are against us" as I don't recall ever hearing anyone say much of anything in response. I definitely don't recall Saddam saying squat, and especially not "Up yours!"

So, once again you seem to be doing little more than spewing your talk radio fluff here and presenting it as some kind of truth when it has little more substance backing it up than an antiseptic Budweiser beer fart. Jim
post #28 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
You have a very nasty way of trying to put words in peoples mouths that they neither said nor intended. What I said is what I said! Take it or leave it!!
Not really Jaybaugh. I thought he did a remarkable job of summing up your words. He should be commended just for trying. You need to pay attention to your own meandering drivel. Jim
post #29 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 10:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Jaybaugh,

Let's not go by your recollections. How about you post some written accounts that were published in the media showing Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Jordan, Yemen, Bahrain, Qatar and possibly Cyprus and Oman, and, even Turkey implored the United States Government to invade Iraq in 2003? I would also like to see a published roll call of the world's nations who responded to the "You are either w/us or you are against us" as I don't recall ever hearing anyone say much of anything in response. I definitely don't recall Saddam saying squat, and especially not "Up yours!"

So, once again you seem to be doing little more than spewing your talk radio fluff here and presenting it as some kind of truth when it has little more substance backing it up than an antiseptic Budweiser beer fart. Jim
Why don't you bend over Smitty, and I'll show you where to put your little homework assignment. Why don't you produce some published accounts of how they didn't want us to take out Saddam?

post #30 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 10:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Not really Jaybaugh. I thought he did a remarkable job of summing up your words. He should be commended just for trying. You need to pay attention to your own meandering drivel. Jim
WHATeverrrr!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in