First Time in History Median Home Price is Likely to Decline - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 11:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I'm well aware of that reality! The fact is the economy is still growing in spite of the well anticipated housing hit. IMO, the economy has been growing so fast that we really need some moderation to keep it from going into hyper-drive and then recession. “We knew that the housing market would go through an adjustment. The positive news here is that our economy has been able to grow in spite of that very sharp reduction,” Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez. The slow down is actually positive, and todays stock market proves that--the DOW is up at new record highs again today, and it would be crashing if the slowdown were bad news.

Just looking for any headline that appears negative to you and putting here as proof the world is coming to an end is really stupid. You have to actually understand how markets work and what is really happening.
You are again confusing "markets" and "Fundamental Economics". Just look at the history of the Dot.com bubble to get a snapshot of the difference.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 11:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
As a non Economic aside, I would be pointing out the same omissions to your arguments if you [or anyone else] were on the boards railing that Takuma Sato was the Best Driver in the World and Super Aguri was, in fact, the best run and strongest Formula 1 team EVER.

It would not be "being negative", just be pointing out the facts.
...Twist and shout.

Don't believe everything you think
post #73 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 11:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
You are again confusing "markets" and "Fundamental Economics". Just look at the history of the Dot.com bubble to get a snapshot of the difference.
Markets are apart of "Fundamental Economics."

post #74 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 12:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm well aware of that reality! The fact is the economy is still growing in spite of the well anticipated housing hit. IMO, the economy has been growing so fast that we really need some moderation to keep it from going into hyper-drive and then recession. “We knew that the housing market would go through an adjustment. The positive news here is that our economy has been able to grow in spite of that very sharp reduction,” Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez. The slow down is actually positive, and todays stock market proves that--the DOW is up at new record highs again today, and it would be crashing if the slowdown were bad news.

Just looking for any headline that appears negative to you and putting here as proof the world is coming to an end is really stupid. You have to actually understand how markets work and what is really happening.
I am, on the contrary, not a savvy economist. Therefore I reply on experts opinions. However, are you disputing the economists who, probably are much better educated, better experience, and more knowledgeable than you?

What kind of credentials you have to dispute the facts?

You continuously to ignore our national debt is skyrocketing, citizen savings are at all time low (more like $0, for that matter), our dollars are losing value, etc. These are not gloom and doom nay sayings. These are facts. Climbing stock market numbers means absolutely nothing to Citizen Joes if the gas price is at $4 a gallon and a carton of milk is $5 at the grocery check outs. High stock market only benefit corporate fat cats.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #75 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 01:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
I am, on the contrary, not a savvy economist. Therefore I reply on experts opinions. However, are you disputing the economists who, probably are much better educated, better experience, and more knowledgeable than you?

What kind of credentials you have to dispute the facts?

You continuously to ignore our national debt is skyrocketing, citizen savings are at all time low (more like $0, for that matter), our dollars are losing value, etc. These are not gloom and doom nay sayings. These are facts. Climbing stock market numbers means absolutely nothing to Citizen Joes if the gas price is at $4 a gallon and a carton of milk is $5 at the grocery check outs. High stock market only benefit corporate fat cats.
I'm not disputing anything--except perhaps your attitude. As I said, I agree that the economy is slowing, but I see that as positive right here. And I'm not ignoring anything; but those lame examples you present are nothing to worry about, IMO. Plus gas and milk are nowhere near $4 and $5 respectively, and they are not likely to be--in my lifetime in the U.S.

post #76 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 01:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Plus gas and milk are nowhere near $4 and $5 respectively, and they are not likely to be--in my lifetime in the U.S.
That shows the differences between the cost of living in your area and mine. You may never see $4 gas in your life time (which I serious doubt that you won't. It should hit that by end of May if not sooner) in your neck of the woods, $4/gallon is a mighty close number people are paying in cities such as San Francisco. I am paying $3.50 here in Annapolis, and it is still going up every day.

I just paid $5 for a gallon of milk the other day at Safeway. I am not sure why you want to dispute that? The same gallon costed me $3.79 a month ago.

I have an attitude because of idiots like yourself allowing this to happen by supporting a flawed economic policy by this Administrations.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #77 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 01:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/index.asp

Gas prices are only $2.90 nationally, whereas they were $2.92 at this time last year! What's the BFD chicken little?

post #78 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 01:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Oh, and BTW:

CNN/Money: Global gas prices

post #79 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 01:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Markets are apart of "Fundamental Economics."
True, ONLY a PART.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #80 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 01:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
True, ONLY a PART.
That's what I said...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in