First Time in History Median Home Price is Likely to Decline - Page 11 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Sarcasm is for people who aren't witty enough to be tactful...
You assume I wanted to be tactful.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:44 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
Jay is one of those classic hypocrits that feels it is fine and dandy to be a fascist but the epitome of depraved to use profanity. How fucked up is that?
post #103 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 12:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
fyi

Gas in Germany

Don't believe everything you think
post #104 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
It's not so much the negative posts but in the way you present them. Like a giddy little girl who just grew out of her training bra. What's with the chip on the shoulder?
How have I presented the postings here that give you the impression I have a chip on my shoulder?
post #105 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 07:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
What's your point? It won't be long we will be paying the same as the EU, thanks to people like you and fucking Bush.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #106 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 07:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
[quote=elau]What's your point? ..........quote]Not my point. It's yours. Check the top of your head. I'm sure you'll see it...

Don't believe everything you think
post #107 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 08:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
As I mentioned earlier, since over 75% of that price is taxes that pay for the autobahn, healthcare for all and retirement comparing US gas prices to that of Europe is like comparing apples to drywall.

And by the way, that calculation is also affected by the weakened dollar.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #108 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Not my point. It's yours. Check the top of your head. I'm sure you'll see it...
post #109 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 07:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Black 560 SEC AMG, White 560 SEC Carat (RIP 09) , 300E
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
u guys dont know how lucky you're in the US, interest rates here are close to 8% now and still climbing!!!
post #110 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
(Thread Starter)
TK & God, please forgive me for what I am about to do, here is more bad news......

Bad news: This bubble is worldwide

Money printing by virtually every central bank on the planet has created a synchronized global boom, gobs of speculation and complete disregard for risk. This will make the downturn uglier.

Rather than go through the blizzard of earnings reports Wednesday night, I thought I might take a stab at discussing the recent market action and attempt to put it into perspective. Besides, delving into the earnings details doesn't seem to matter these days, as stocks explode on good news, lukewarm news and bad news. Behold the bull

The stock market has been on an epic run from the July lows, with hardly a breather other than the nasty but short-lived break we saw in February. Since that event, the rally has become even more relentless and maniacal, with the Dow up 20 out of the past 22 days, as of Friday.

There is no decent explanation to account for this. The bulls talk about it being 1995 all over again. And while last summer I assumed they'd make that case -- which is why I'd gotten out of my shorts, before re-entering them, way prematurely -- I thought last fall that that scenario and the end of Federal Reserve rate increases had been well discounted. I certainly never dreamed the bulls would be able to make their case so forcefully in the stock market.
This earnings season, in aggregate, has been nothing too great, though it has not been terribly weak, either. For the most part, as I just noted, even bad news has been lapped up. For example, virtually every memory company -- Micron Technology (MU, news, msgs), Hynix Semiconductor (HXSCF, news, msgs), Samsung Electronics (SSNLF, news, msgs) -- reported disappointing results.
Then, Qimonda (QI, news, msgs) reported the worst results of them all, earning just 17 cents per share in the quarter, versus estimates of 31 cents. In addition, the company lowered expectations due to the price of DRAM and flash, and said it might actually lose money this quarter. In other words, it's a real nightmare for Qimonda. QI's stock price responded to that news by rallying nearly 10% at one point the following day. If it could rally on one of the worst chip reports, you can see how every other chip stock could, too -- though that doesn't explain why.

All through earnings season, the closer a business has been to actually having to sell finished goods (i.e., the closer one gets to the consumer), the worse the news has been. For instance, in its press release last week, Office Depot (ODP, news, msgs) noted that in addition to seeing a disruption from Microsoft's (MSFT, news, msgs) new Windows Vista operating system, it also saw "a softening in small-business spending during the quarter." Office Depot went on to note that "sales in the second quarter may be similarly affected if current business conditions persist in North America." (Microsoft is the publisher of MSN Money.)
Of course, the mantra amongst chip purveyors and bulls alike is that the bottom has already been seen and we are off to better times, though thus far there is no data to support that. Even Apple (AAPL, news, msgs), which was quite successful at beat the number last week, saw iPod sales miss expectations, as they slowed dramatically from 21 million units last quarter to 10.5 million units this quarter. Apple's earnings were helped by the collapse in component prices (namely, flash) and better-than-expected Mac sales (which could be related to the fact that Vista is such a dog).
I could traipse through a mound of other earnings reports, but the bottom line is this: The results have been largely irrelevant, due to the giant party that's under way.

Page 2 of this article
Bad news: This bubble is worldwide - MSN Money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in