When I was young and poor... - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: '13 Sprinter 3500 - '12 R350 - '97 E420 - '89 Ferrari Mondial - '88 560SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
wow. you guys are relentless! do you just come on here to throw theories around? beat up the new guy? is this how you are on this forum? thats too bad. i thought it would be good to have some conversations with interesting people. my mistake but i will continue to try
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Vehicle: '13 Sprinter 3500 - '12 R350 - '97 E420 - '89 Ferrari Mondial - '88 560SL
Lifetime Premium Member
yes its true i wasnt sure about driving through germany considering i've never driven through that part of europe before. thank you for your help maine.
post #73 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 08:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
which means what?
I have the system set up as its own server system to stream wireless to whatever monitor you are near. It takes a sensor that you wear [like a fob] and that keys the monitor to go from a photograph or off to the video source that was being streamed to the main monitor in the home theater.

It's not really useful other than it it allows you to keep tabs on what you are watching while going to grab snacks or get something from the office. We were working on it at Watson in Yorktown in 2000 and I incorporated it into the house [yes, I had fiber optics wired in 2000 - cat5 was just so 1999] just to experiment. Also the Elan guys are HQed down here in Lexington [a SquareD subsid] and they play with this stuff all the time.

Bad part is when you go into a room where someone else is, it switches from 0 to your source. When you leave it switches back to 0 which is not good for the person that might have gotten interested. I never duel switched the stream to address that.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #74 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I have the system set up as its own server system to stream wireless to whatever monitor you are near. It takes a sensor that you wear [like a fob] and that keys the monitor to go from a photograph or off to the video source that was being streamed to the main monitor in the home theater.

It's not really useful other than it it allows you to keep tabs on what you are watching while going to grab snacks or get something from the office. We were working on it at Watson in Yorktown in 2000 and I incorporated it into the house [yes, I had fiber optics wired in 2000 - cat5 was just so 1999] just to experiment. Also the Elan guys are HQed down here in Lexington [a SquareD subsid] and they play with this stuff all the time.

Bad part is when you go into a room where someone else is, it switches from 0 to your source. When you leave it switches back to 0 which is not good for the person that might have gotten interested. I never duel switched the stream to address that.
I don't have to wear anything. Everything is controlled by z2 remote2pc client and Slingbox Pro client.

It can be done from the laptop or my PDA phone.

Hope it clears it.

mcbear, if you really want to see my system layout and video distribution stuff, I'll send you PM.
post #75 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego97
wow. you guys are relentless! do you just come on here to throw theories around? beat up the new guy? is this how you are on this forum? thats too bad. i thought it would be good to have some conversations with interesting people. my mistake but i will continue to try
OT is internet lasertag for many of us. When you make a statement like you did in post 16, you are going to get responses because we have all heard the same clatter from the right about how the mean ol Democrats just want to take your money. That’s OK. It is your opinion and when you back it with hard facts, people respect that. Just understand that folks on the other side also back their opinions with facts and will question the reasons for your opinions or broad brushed statements.

What you will find here is that no-one is able to get away with throwaway lines like “Democrats just want to take “my” money”. First it is an outdated paradigm and second, many will point out just why we think that position is wrong. You are not required to agree.

So stick around. Enjoy the company. Yes we call each other names. That dipshit Jayhawk is finally getting used to my fat ass. We also surprise each other at times. That is where it gets good.

Oh, and wear a cup. Really.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #76 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 08:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
I don't have to wear anything. Everything is controlled by z2 remote2pc client and Slingbox Pro client.

It can be done from the laptop or my PDA phone.

Hope it clears it.

mcbear, if you really want to see my system layout and video distribution stuff, I'll send you PM.
Sounds like you are running a few years ahead of me. I just counted and I am running about 6 years old. Yikes. HET envy. Oh noes.

I would be very interested in seeing what you have. I was just out at NAB and saw many of the new toys and talked with the guys at Watson and Santa Teresa Labs but I have not played in that sandbox in a couple of years.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #77 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 08:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I see reality. This country has had two major parties since 1860. Neither has a monopoly on truth, but either one can be right for the times. Both parties have both political extremists and evil commericial interests that constantly try to gain control of the party apparatus. The current Republican Party has succumbed to both its most extreme element and its most corrosive and corrupt special interests. It is up to the electorate to clean up the mess they have made, and to shut them out of power - this has been a continual process in our history, in both parties. Perhaps the Republicans will emerge from this wilderness. I thought McCain was the guy who would lead that, but now I know he will never do it. Maybe Fred Thompson, who seems to be hated by all the right people on the right, will be the one. But I doubt it.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #78 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Sounds like you are running a few years ahead of me. I just counted and I am running about 6 years old. Yikes. HET envy. Oh noes.

I would be very interested in seeing what you have. I was just out at NAB and saw many of the new toys and talked with the guys at Watson and Santa Teresa Labs but I have not played in that sandbox in a couple of years.
you've got pm.
post #79 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:

So stick around. Enjoy the company. Yes we call each other names. That dipshit Jayhawk is finally getting used to my fat ass. We also surprise each other at times. That is where it gets good.

Oh, and wear a cup. Really.
well thank you for that. i'm not used to such a birrage of attacks and judging by shear number of posts by all the perps you guys do this for a living.

this was the very first time i stopped in to OT and it was to ask a simple question on an upcoming trip but reading some of Jayhawks posts i couldnt resist. I just cant type as fast as you guys but in time i will come better prepared with facts. and a stronger finger or two
post #80 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
and actually everyone else can see it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started this project in the beginning of February.

First Samsung 6767 has replaced my 6 years old 61HS10.

Then there was HD DVD challenge, so HTPC #1 was built.

Then I have decided to replace my two Sony DVP-CX777ES
with four XL1B2 changers so I would have the same 800 DVDs capacity.

Then remote viewing interested me, since I've already got Slingbox Pro.

My goal was simple.

I wanted to have the full access to all my media sources,
be it DVD, HD DVD, DirecTV or OTA TV or a Divx/Xvid AVI file.

From anywhere, be it my living room or Australia, as long as
I have Internet access.

Then a new HTPC #2 was asembled, since it was really cheap
and at the moment it rivals in HD PQ my much more expensive HTPC #1.

Now, two and half months later and approximately $5000
back (TV included) I have done what I wanted.

Below is my simplified video distribution diagram. Actual pictures
of the Home Theater and HTPC will follow.

Four Sony XL1B2 are daisy-chained thru 1394 to HTPC #1.
Xbox 360 HD DVD is connected to HTPC # 2.
Changers and HD DVD add-on are not shown on the diagram

Everything in the living room is controlled by Dell Axim X5 w/IR
extender using RemoteControl II software:

Everything outside the living room is controlled by
z2 Remote2PC PDA and PC clients

and Sling PC and PDA clients.

Last edited by maine_coon; 04-25-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in