post #141 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 11:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego97
NO the only qualifications i lack is the ability to type 60 wpm on account i have 204 previous posts and you ... over 3,000. you seem to have less of a schedule than I and i'm not trying to offend but you dont seem to mind trying to offend me
I run a restoration biz so I have processes running background while I play online. I also leave for periods of time when my other job as Sys Architect requires travel.

Oh, and I type closer to 80wpm. Habit from decades of reports.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
My only question is the use of the modem in the system.

That is a very tight setup. What do you use for skimming vid from the DirectTV to HDD for DVD burn? I am trying to find something newer than my 4 yr old product.
modem?...but..but..it is my Internet access thru the modem..that's how I watch everything remotely..I must be missing something.

So "tight" is good or bad?

Nothing to record DirecTV at the moment. I have a copy of BeyoundTV somewhere, but this part is not done yet.
post #143 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 11:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
..and solution is what? to sink without any vessel?
Surfing. You, the board, jellyfish and the occasional shark.

I think the reality is that you don’t have to position yourself in a specific party. It is true that the Democrats have a bigger tent [some say for Rosie’s ass] that accommodates much more diverse thought but that still does not always provide a shelter. To me it sometimes sounds like an out of tune orchestra. Now I would prefer to hear that to the single drumbeat of the NeoCon/Republican Party but a fully tuned up orchestra would be nice.

I have found that being fiscally conservative yet socially liberal puts me in a very good place FOR ME. I really don’t care what party it niches in with. I just want to see people living above the poverty line with a living wage, not worrying about whether they can afford to go to the doctor and also not having to worry about an unstable economy that is shackled with Trillions of dollars of long term debt and international trade deficits.

From that position I feel comfortable talking weekly to my Congressman at lunch [he is a Blue Dog Democrat so that helps] and also working on boards of several national organizations that strive to improve the living conditions of those who have the least.

I have passed the point where it is “my” money that is being spent for X or Y. If I use that logic, I can tear apart the budget and see thousands of things I don’t want “my” money spent on. Helping people have a better life certainly would be one where I have the least complaint.

I posted once that way back in the Sixties when I got my Eagle Scout I had made the promise “On my Honor, I will do my best…” I do not have a throttle control.

What that rambling means is, find a philosophy that you are comfortable with, one that makes you feel good about yourself. Don’t worry if it is attached to a Party. If so, cool, if not, bang your own drum…others will follow. When you die, no one is going to remember you for how much money you made, they are going to remember what you gave to your community. That is the party to be part of.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #144 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
modem?...but..but..it is my Internet access thru the modem..that's how I watch everything remotely..I must be missing something.

So "tight" is good or bad?

Nothing to record DirecTV at the moment. I have a copy of BeyoundTV somewhere, but this part is not done yet.
Tight is good.

As for the modem, I am used to “internet” icon to show internet access. It did not even dawn on me that that was what it was. Only thing I was thinking was the old system where you satellite downloaded and had a modem hooked to a phone line to pass key for security and I knew that was no longer used.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #145 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Surfing. You, the board, jellyfish and the occasional shark.

I think the reality is that you don’t have to position yourself in a specific party. It is true that the Democrats have a bigger tent [some say for Rosie’s ass] that accommodates much more diverse thought but that still does not always provide a shelter. To me it sometimes sounds like an out of tune orchestra. Now I would prefer to hear that to the single drumbeat of the NeoCon/Republican Party but a fully tuned up orchestra would be nice.

I have found that being fiscally conservative yet socially liberal puts me in a very good place FOR ME. I really don’t care what party it niches in with. I just want to see people living above the poverty line with a living wage, not worrying about whether they can afford to go to the doctor and also not having to worry about an unstable economy that is shackled with Trillions of dollars of long term debt and international trade deficits.

From that position I feel comfortable talking weekly to my Congressman at lunch [he is a Blue Dog Democrat so that helps] and also working on boards of several national organizations that strive to improve the living conditions of those who have the least.

I have passed the point where it is “my” money that is being spent for X or Y. If I use that logic, I can tear apart the budget and see thousands of things I don’t want “my” money spent on. Helping people have a better life certainly would be one where I have the least complaint.

I posted once that way back in the Sixties when I got my Eagle Scout I had made the promise “On my Honor, I will do my best…” I do not have a throttle control.

What that rambling means is, find a philosophy that you are comfortable with, one that makes you feel good about yourself. Don’t worry if it is attached to a Party. If so, cool, if not, bang your own drum…others will follow. When you die, no one is going to remember you for how much money you made, they are going to remember what you gave to your community. That is the party to be part of.
That is common sense, throughout. I would add "family" to what I would like to be remembered for.
post #146 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Tight is good.

As for the modem, I am used to “internet” icon to show internet access. It did not even dawn on me that that was what it was. Only thing I was thinking was the old system where you satellite downloaded and had a modem hooked to a phone line to pass key for security and I knew that was no longer used.
Oh, OK, now I understand.

I used Visio for the diagram and didn't have much time to mess with it so I used whatever icons where available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in