Chavez to Buy Anti-Aircraft Missiles from Lukashenko - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:01 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs
that can be taken in several different ways and i kind of wonder which way you ment it.
Simple, the only way to solve the Iraqi problem is to stop this bullshit about democratic process and having spineless jellies trying to run the country. Someone as ruthless as Saddam (non religious) needs to take charge and apply the force that the Iraqi understand and were used to. Someone who can control all of the sects just like Saddam did. Someone that will not allow Iran to dictate Iraq's direction.
I am thinking maybe we should give Iraq back to Kuweit or something. I am sure that the Al Sabah klan has many axes to grind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Chavez maybe an opportunist and martinet, but he has history firmly on his side.

Venezuela's history is a tragedy. It's founder, Simon Bolivar, was a democrat in the sense of Washington and Jefferson. But he was betrayed by the upper class and died in humiliating poverty. The same upper class in South America bickered among themselves for a couple hundred years of misrule, oppression and revolution. Much like present-day Mexico. And much like present-day Venezuela, a leader as obnoxious as Chavez will eventually come to power in Mexico as an outsider with a reformist agenda who will not compromise with the oligarchy.

It's a terribly precarious time for Venezuela. And for Mexico.

B
that is quite gray, if you will. thanks for the history quip.

in political asylum
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
Simple, the only way to solve the Iraqi problem is to stop this bullshit about democratic process and having spineless jellies trying to run the country. Someone as ruthless as Saddam (non religious) needs to take charge and apply the force that the Iraqi understand and were used to. Someone who can control all of the sects just like Saddam did. Someone that will not allow Iran to dictate Iraq's direction.
I am thinking maybe we should give Iraq back to Kuweit or something. I am sure that the Al Sabah klan has many axes to grind.
or we need to - ..in 10 easy steps

in political asylum
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: E-ZGO 53 HP., 99 E 430 sport, 04 E55 AMG, 2008 Tahoe LTZ Sold Porsche to Brother
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Al queda? Is that the message you are getting through your tinfoil transmitter helmet?

FTL,

Negative on the "tin foil" we are fully up dated and now use Reynolds aluminum foil on our rabbit ears here in the third world. The local noticisas de la noche keep us updated on the wonders of, all that is Hugo. I think it is my unique vantage point that influences me, I am seeing too many CH-60 s.
Christians In Action.

About Pinas Bay
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:19 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
You're in Pinas Bay right now?
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
FTL,

Negative on the "tin foil" we are fully up dated and now use Reynolds aluminum foil on our rabbit ears here in the third world. The local noticisas de la noche keep us updated on the wonders of, all that is Hugo. I think it is my unique vantage point that influences me, I am seeing too many CH-60 s.
Christians In Action.

About Pinas Bay
Chavez is a democratically elected leader. Like most far left Latin American cult-of-personality leaders, he will ruin his country's economy and sooner or latter be forced into a retirement in Spain. But in the long run, he will do more good than harm, by ridding his country of the rightwing kleptocracies that have ruled and ruined them in turn. But the idea he could become some kind of military threat to the US, or that he would essentially commit suicide by supporting "terrorist camps" is ludicrous. Venzuela's real threat to the US is economic, especially if it is successful. If Chavez succeeds in raising the standard of living of VZ it will destablize all the right wing governments of Latin America.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: E-ZGO 53 HP., 99 E 430 sport, 04 E55 AMG, 2008 Tahoe LTZ Sold Porsche to Brother
Quote:
You're in Pinas Bay right now?
Costa Rica at Los Suenos
Panama at Tropic Star
On return Leg, now in Mexico Puerto Isla Mujeres

You would not believe the ships in the canal with Lotarevs, Hinds and Klimoves (SP)wrapped on deck bound for Hugo.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Costa Rica at Los Suenos
Panama at Tropic Star
On return Leg, now in Mexico Puerto Isla Mujeres

You would not believe the ships in the canal with Lotarevs, Hinds and Klimoves (SP)wrapped on deck bound for Hugo.
this time I am green of envy...
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 10:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Democrat Party idealism.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthily
Chavez is a democratically elected leader. Like most far left Latin American cult-of-personality leaders, he will ruin his country's economy and sooner or latter be forced into a retirement in Spain. But in the long run, he will do more good than harm, by ridding his country of the right wing plutocracies that have ruled and ruined them in turn. But the idea he could become some kind of military threat to the US, or that he would essentially commit suicide by supporting "terrorist camps" is ludicrous. Venezuela's real threat to the US is economic, especially if it is successful. If Chavez succeeds in raising the standard of living of VIZ it will destabilize all the right wing governments of Latin America.
FLT
True, will ruin his country, the economy will be OK it's an oil thing. Retire to Spain or France pending election in France. Military threat, too late every alien that crosses the Rio Grand is a potential military threat. Some of those middle eastern men look Latin to many Gringo eyes. If you think South America is terrorist free then turn a blind eye to them just like Chavez. You see he can claim to be after the terrorist, but he is just can't catch them. Guatemala has too many rumors of camps now. Like I said in my first post, we don't need this.

What is the answer to the question of the day?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in