Twenty two Killed at UVA!? - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Boring Cars...meh!

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 81 280E, 84 500SEC, 87 560, 89 "300E", 91 500SL, 15 E350 4Matic Estate, 71 BMW 2002, +others
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
lol hui
how big is yours?

Seriously, I am thinking of packing:
pack my belonging and get another job
Word to the wise,stay out of McDonalds too

Also avoid the Ohio Highway in your travels.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/nutz4benz/W123/6C3A9CA5-EDFF-4834-8125-34B70B20A676_zpsiyesrawz.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:13 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Maybe I will stay in Hawaii
post #83 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Are you in Hawaii now?
post #84 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I knew it. Simple common sense. We let insane people by guns. Why would they bother to ground off serial numbers? Go downtown, pick up a bag of automatic shotguns, save a bullet for yourself.
post #85 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
There are two things I take issue with in your post:
( 1 ) Once the serial numbers are screwed with, the guns become an illegal quantity. The guy had illegal guns no matter how you look at it.
( 2 ) Just exactly what gun show loophole are you talking about. Dealers have to follow the letter of the law no matter where they sell their guns. There is NO gun show loophole, no matter how much you and the liberal press like to tout that there is.........
Private sales from one individual to another are not regulated in many states, but there are some states that require even private sales to be handled through the State Police, and they generally require a background check through the FBI, NICS, or State Police.
I find it interesting that all of this crap is coming from someone who has already admitted to flaunting the law and stated that he carries a loaded weapon routinely as he crosses State lines.
Point of interest:
Virginia code18.2-308.1
Possesion of firearm, stun weapon, or other weapon on school property prohibited.
1) We all know that, I am disputing the accuracy of the news reports. It does not make any sense, and I am using it to beat you over the head with my point that we live in a country that allows flat-assed crazy people to buy guns, no matter how nuts they are, thanks to the GOP's NRA.

2) Why, the Gun Show Loophole is The Pride of The West. Just ask David Koresh. Or my brother. They all love it:
Quote:
"Gun show "loophole" is a term of art generally used to describe the sale of firearms between private individuals at gun shows. While some states do have laws that regulate such sales, under United States federal law there is no requirement for private parties to obtain a Federal Firearms License or to conduct background checks when selling personal firearms to other private parties. While such transactions between individuals not otherwise prohibited by law from firearms possession are legal, the "loophole" lies in the perceived potential for abuse of the system. Because no background check is performed during private sales, there is potential for firearms to find their way into the hands of individuals prohibited by federal law from possessing them.."
Gun show - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey man, check out my table of sawed off shotguns. It's a private sale, cash only. Love your turban, man.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 04-17-2007 at 04:37 PM.
post #86 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 1993 300SEL (Sold) 2001 530i
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
Clearly you can think as you like, but I have a book in my hand as I write this, the book has all the Federal and State laws in it, and it is published by the BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives), the book is about 3/4" thick and let me assure you that Virginia is well represented in there.

So I have a cavalier attitude attitude towards firearms? Interesting comment coming from someone that obviously doesn't know me. You might be interested to know that I teach firearms safety at the local firearms range on a quarterly basis, and that I have been heavily involved with firearms since 1961, and never had an accident or firearms safety violation.
As to licensing, I do happen to have a licence, I said so a while back, but here in the States we are opposed to licensing because of what has happened in the UK and Austrailia not too long ago, you know the time when the government took all the auto loading guns away from those that were not deemed worthy of owning these dangerous weapons.......even the .22 rimfire rifles that kids use to pop cans at 50 yards or so. That will not be allowed to happen here thank you very much......... That's why the Second Amendment to the Constitution was written to protect us from the Government and what they could try and do to the people.

You can argue that all you want, but there are at least two towns in this country that REQUIRE that you own a gun if you live there, they have the lowest crime rates in the country..... The bad guys do not want to take the chance on a break in in those towns because the law MIGHT not get there in time to save their sorry butts from the homeowners.
HAHAHAHA!! Thats the most warped view of the 2nd amendment I have ever seen, it was created because of fear of invasion when the US did not have a powerful army. Here we have licencing it in no way stops anyone who should be able to own a gun owning one, and so what if you have to wait a bit for that process? Do you run down to the gun shop because you just have to shoot something right now? Licencing etc in no way infringes on the right to bear arms, it simply reduces the risks of things such as VT happening. However the country is so awash with all types of arms in the hands of all types of people that I think it may be too late for you guys anyway.
post #87 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 05:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

It is too late. Hell, your average Texan has 10,000 rounds of ammo and old BAR hidden out at that lake house somewhere for when Jesus comes back. We all know ole Jesus is going to need some hep stamping out dem sinners!

I have always recognized that the Second Amendment allows the ownership of firearms. It's purpose was to have citizens who could be called up for irregular service if necessary, like to arrest Libertarians, for instance. But a militia should have legal boundaries, and the far right of the Republican Party refuses to allow them:

FT.com / World - Gun lobby prepares for battle over rights

To me, it is simple and reasonable to have gun owners be an organized, regulated group. Guns should be exactly like cars. Licensed, tested, insured, and registered. Perfectly constitutional, and a way to keep nuts from walking down the street to pick up a Glock like he would a soda.
post #88 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 1993 300SEL (Sold) 2001 530i
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove

To me, it is simple and reasonable to have gun owners be an organized, regulated group. Guns should be exactly like cars. Licensed, tested, insured, and registered. Perfectly constitutional, and a way to keep nuts from walking down the street to pick up a Glock like he would a soda.
I agree exactly I think just about everyone would agree that it's a common sense approch. Who really wants guns in the hands of people like the guy at VT, sure you can't stop every single killing and stop every illegal gun but thats not a good enough reason not to regulate gun ownership in a reasonable fashion.
post #89 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
[At a gun store]
The Terminator: The .45 Long Slide, with laser sighting.
Pawn Shop Clerk: These are brand new; we just got them in. That's a good gun. Just touch the trigger, the beam comes on and you put the red dot where you want the bullet to go. You can't miss. Anything else?
The Terminator: Phased-plasma rifle in the forty watt range.
Pawn Shop Clerk: Hey, just what you see, pal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[the Terminator is loading a rifle in the shop]
Pawn Shop Clerk: You can't do that.
The Terminator: Wrong.
[shoots him]

The Terminator uses the following weapons throughout the movie:
A AMT 1911 .45 Long Slide with Laser Pointer (pretty much everywhere)
A SandW classic type 2.5-inch barrel revolver, caliber .357Mag (during the tunnel chase)
An Uzi .9mm Submachine Gun (in the Tech Noir nightclub and the Tiki motel)
A SPAS-12 Automatic Shotgun (during the police station shootout)
An AR-18 Assault Rifle (during the police station shootout and the tunnel chase)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #90 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 05:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
It is too late. Hell, your average Texan has 10,000 rounds of ammo and old BAR hidden out at that lake house somewhere for when Jesus comes back. We all know ole Jesus is going to need some hep stamping out dem sinners!

I have always recognized that the Second Amendment allows the ownership of firearms. It's purpose was to have citizens who could be called up for irregular service if necessary, like to arrest Libertarians, for instance. But a militia should have legal boundaries, and the far right of the Republican Party refuses to allow them:

FT.com / World - Gun lobby prepares for battle over rights

There's a thread for Post Whores. Why don't you take you business over there?

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in