Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Nappy headed hos, part II

Well, well, what say you now, oh wonderful and perfect duo of decency, Revs. Jesse and Al? Hast thou no shred of humanity, that thine actions have causeth tragedy to countless boys and girls with cancer? Where's your loud mouth asses with your money to continue the support you so readily removed from these children?

RIBERA, N.M. -- Don Imus' banishment from the public airwaves deprives him of a critical platform to raise money for the sprawling Imus Ranch, where children with cancer and other illnesses get a taste of the cowboy life.

Before he was fired last week for calling members of the Rutgers University women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos," Imus pointed to the northern New Mexico ranch to make his case that he is "a good person who said a bad thing."
With Imus out of a job, some wonder whether the pipeline to charity money will dry up.
Just as corporate sponsors backed away from his radio show, "I think you'll see a similar effect on the charity, where the corporate donors will find a less hot-button charity to support," said Trent Stamp, president of Charity Navigator, a New Jersey-based charity watchdog group.
Imus said he and his wife, Deirdre, are surrogate parents to the youngsters who spend a week at the property. Nearly half of them are from minority groups, and 10 percent are black.
The Imus show's annual two-day fundraising radiothon, benefiting the ranch and two charities that refer children to it, had raised more than $2.3 million as of Friday, according to Deirdre Imus, who hosted Friday's show.
The ranch's list of contributors is not public information, but it has relied heavily on corporate contributions. In the long term, Stamp predicted, the firing would cause "irreparable harm."
Children ages 10 to 17 who have cancer or serious blood disorders, or who have lost siblings to sudden infant death syndrome, spend seven days at the ranch at no cost to their families.
The ranch hosted 90 children from March 2005 through February 2006 and spent $2.5 million, almost $28,000 a child, according to its most recent federal tax filings.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Perhaps he'll move to Harlem and start a girl's basketball camp. BTW, the article you posted is nothing more than a piece of meaningless drivel.

"With Imus out of a job, some wonder whether the pipeline to charity money will dry up."

The above sentence actually means that the author has no knowledge whatsoever in regard to the topic at hand, but does not feel compelled toward silence by that ignorance.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
It would stand to reason that since he no longer has his radio/TV show, then he'll no longer be able to have telethons/fundraisers for his ranch. I think it is a quite valid concern, when his charity so heavily depended on his employment. I wouldn't dismiss it as meaningless drivel. Sounds like the author is the only one who has thought of what might happen because of his absence on the air waves. Al and Jesse certainly didn't GAF. They used him to gain points for themselves at the expense of others who didn't deserve it. That is what usually happens in a witch hunt.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeezus, ya gotta love the slow news cycle, eh? Don't yous guys have anything of substance to get yer hearts all aflutter about?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

I disagree -- it does not stand to reason. Imus is not a young man. He has generated a substantial income for quite a long time, and will undoubtedly do so again if he so chooses. If anything on this front stands to reason (and nothing actually does, since it's all pure speculation), it is that Imus is independently wealthy and can and will continue to live just as he has, and that includes his tax shelter ranch. The bottom line is that without some intimate knowledge of Imus, his personal wealth, and the financial doings of the tax shelter ranch, the author should probably STFU and leave the subject to someone who actually knows something about it. As it is, the article represents the same kind of witch hunt you've condemned, and with good reason.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
Jeezus, ya gotta love the slow news cycle, eh? Don't yous guys have anything of substance to get yer hearts all aflutter about?
I heard Lindsay Lohan want to play Diana....

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Is that some sorta lesbian thang? If so, I'm intrigued to hear more about this pressing issue of concern.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 05:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
I heard Lindsay Lohan want to play Diana....

I say no.

The part requires grace and dignity....... and talent.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by barberhauler
I say no.

The part requires grace and dignity....... and talent.
You're right -- I guess it's Paris Hilton then!

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 06:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
You're right -- I guess it's Paris Hilton then!

I'd have picked Paris' latest protege, but it's just 'cause I got to talk to her while waiting in line at a 7-eleven bathroom.......

She didn't seem crazy at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in