BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0alpha
You've just successfully proven my point, that there is a double standard. And it's wrong.

In fact, in this day and age it's harder to be a straight, white, male, than any other sexual orientation, race, or gender combination. Need proof? Just look at all of the origanizations out there that aim to give priveleges to homosexuals, blacks, Asians, women, etc

If a group of straight white males start an organization on a college campus in order to socialize with other people of their kind, it is met with fierce opposition and claims that they are "homphobic", "bigoted", and "racist". However a plethora of homosexual, black, Asian, and women's rights groups prosper and their existence is highly celebrated.

Yup, that's a double standard.
So join the fucking Nazi Party, start one on campus, who is stopping you? I am on college campuses all the time and am assaulted with Larouches, Moonies and far right kooks on campus as much as anything on the left. All you have to have is the balls to do it, so do it. Let me know what luck you have getting your own TV show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 05:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Oh really? I challenge you to start such an organization on a college campus. Apparently you have no idea, and you're definitely not a straight white male so you have no experience in this arena.

Your ignorance baffles me.
You are proving to be easily baffled. Jim
post #33 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140
Hipocrites, every damn one. Now we have Sharpton/Jackson as the ones supposedley standing up for morality and can have MBC and CBS at their mercy?. As a nation, we have truly gone done the shitter. Lets also think about the term "nappy haired ho", does that sound like something a man Imu's age came up with, or, did he hear it somewhere. Hmmm, where could he have picked that line up?. I'm betting a rap song.
I agree, those two are grotesque hypocrites. But as long as Fox News and CNN both appoint them as the official spokesman for black society, they are the public face of the outcry. But this is the entire black community unhappy with Imus, not just these two clowns. That's a lot of customers. And "nappy head" is an old Southern Jim Crow racial insult a hundred years old or more. While one can claim "ho" is part of rap venicular, "nappy head" is something I've never heard coming from rap. Surprisingly, if Imus had called them "bitches" he probably would have gotten a pass, but "nappy headed hos" was about as Jim Crow as you can get. It was truly racist. It classified all them as black, and then as prostitutes, with out regard to the actual individual, about as true racism as I've seen on the public airwaves since George Wallace's speeches back in the sixties.
post #34 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Oh really? I challenge you to start such an organization on a college campus. Apparently you have no idea, and you're definitely not a straight white male so you have no experience in this arena.

Well, I'm a straight white male, tell me, what injustice against the white race will your organization fight?
post #35 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:15 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You of all people are not a "straight" whit guy. You are a liberal DEM.
post #36 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:

alpha, I was not attacking you personally. I was simply pointing out a view that I felt you had overlooked.

No doubt any such organization that I would attempt to create on a college campus would be a subject of ridicule. My years and general physical decline would put off anyone who might want to join, making any such effort laughable.

As to whether or not I have any idea, I have long been the beneficiary of the society I have already named as I am a card carrying member in good standing. Thoughout my life, I have received one of the society's greatest perks...

...the benefit of the doubt.

I am not tall, particularly stand-outish and I am fairly certain that I am not considered gay but I don't know for sure. No guys have ever come on to me but there could be MANY reasons for that! The thing is, in group situations of mixed race or gender, people have always assumed that I was the leader/boss/spokesperson/whathaveyou, regardless of my status in that group at the time. I have seen black men with whom I was in company, harrassed, while I was given deferential treatment. There's plenty more, I'm sure, if I care to think back far enough but this has already gotten longer than I expected.

Yes, alpha, I am ignorant but please don't be baffled. I am ignorant of what it is like to be viewed as a threat to one's personal safety as I walk down a street or ride in an elevator. I am ignorant of how it feels to be turned down for a loan because of the color of my skin. I am ignorant of what it is like to not get hired because I might get pregnant and be unable to work.

These things I have witnessed in my life and while I am grateful for being in the club, I realize the unfairness of it to those who aren't. Whatever small edge a person who is not a member of my club can gain by creating one of their own is an advantage I will cede to them as I know that ultimately, I'll be OK.

The odds are stacked in my favor.

Dig's Edit: I was not sure how to refer to you personally as you don't offer any other version of your screen name so I went with 'alpha' as the most logical. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Last edited by Digmenow; 04-12-2007 at 06:27 AM.
post #37 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Easy access to jobs, colleges, credit, and the cops never stick a gun in my face when the pull me over in a white neighborhood.
post #38 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:

Um, have you ever heard of the Fraternity system?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #39 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 01:04 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Well as a 50+ straight white male, I think I have had it pretty good. I have been able to reap many of the rewards that this society has to offer. I have never once had to think about being turned down for anything because of my race, ethnic background or sex. I have never had a glass ceiling to look up at.

I have, on the other hand grown up at a time where there were still three restrooms at many gas stations: Men, Women and Colored. I was a Cadet at the US Air Force Academy during the first year women were allowed into the Academy [1976]. I went to public schools before integration and remember that, at nearly every instance the public school for the black kids was not nearly as nice as the ones for the white kids.

I have watched peers who were gay be fired because a co-worker was “uncomfortable” with the gay person in the office. And I still see many examples, when I am in a corporate environment some men are only described as “the gay guy” with snide comments or “the black guy” or where women are described by the size of their tits. Little has changed.

So if folks have organizations where they can figure out how to work out issues of discrimination or determine what to do about a specific problem, GREAT. Is it a Double Standard? Not in this lifetime.
Well said.
I too agree that there needs to be quite a bit more catching up to do before we can start talking about double-standards. I think however there has been great strides, at least in Chicago. I see far more blacks who have integrated into the corporate realm yet still hold on to their culture than ever before. No matter how people perceive Jackson and Sharpton, they are fighting for what they feel is right and the scales may just have to tip the other way for a little while longer. Whites who object to this are just insecure about their own personal abilities.

post #40 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
I've always seen the problem of race in America as a problem of education. The rampant prejudice of the old days and the vestige of slave culture caused them to be sent to substandard schools while at the same time coming from families that had little value or understanding of why education is important. As this changes, they will change. Crime will go down, social integration will increase, and we will eventually live in peace together as a single people. Such is the story of America, for all ethnic groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in