Global Cooling Obviously Taking Hold - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 223 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Of course one could. One could say there's a ring around Uranus. Even better, one could offer actual data rather than unsupported opinion as though it is self-evident fact. Any preacher can do that as both are simply statements of faith and depend on fervency in lieu of argument. One would hope that anybody displaying such obvious abilities as yourself might understand that.
"...obvious abilities...???" Did I miss something?

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 223 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
 
Digmenow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 36,503
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
"...obvious abilities...???" Did I miss something?
Actually, I believe you did. I would refer you to posts #10, 18 and 19 of this thread in which I notice that you did not participate. That may explain why you 'missed something'.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...?highlight=ftl
There's more evidence but the aforementioned posts should suffice.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Digmenow is offline  
post #53 of 223 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Of course one could. One could say there's a ring around Uranus. Even better, one could offer actual data rather than unsupported opinion as though it is self-evident fact. Any preacher can do that as both are simply statements of faith and depend on fervency in lieu of argument. One would hope that anybody displaying such obvious abilities as yourself might understand that.
One could dismiss wind chill as a metric of global warming as easily as one could an assertion that there is a ring of lemon merangue around Neptune, could they not?
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #54 of 223 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
"...obvious abilities...???" Did I miss something?
yes, this book:

Amazon.com: A General View Of Positivism: Books: Auguste Comte,J. H. Bridges
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #55 of 223 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:06 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
One could dismiss wind chill as a metric of global warming as easily as one could an assertion that there is a ring of lemon merangue around Neptune, could they not?
I thought that lemon merangue was around ur anus?
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #56 of 223 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Only when your around, Lemon Lips.
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #57 of 223 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:12 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Only when your around, Lemon Lips.
Now tell the truth that is not the only time......I bet you have it there when ever you fly through the airport in Atlanta.
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #58 of 223 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
That's where I got you phone number. Stall three, terminal F. "Call me, I give good head and will lick lemon pie from your asshole."
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #59 of 223 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Much as I disagree with JayHawk and agree with you on this issue, JayHawk has done one thing you have never done: Presented data in support of his argument. Instead of attacking his with nothing but unsupported opinion, why not take a giant leap forward and try something you've never done: Provide data in support of your argument that counters his. That would be a major improvement. Your current method, simple dismissal is just that.

B
What are you sayiing Bot? In this instance the data was cited out of context and, without some explanation by Jayhawk of how it supports his argument, it is misleading as presented. GS called him on it first. I see nothing of any greater value in misused data to make a point in a post, than a post with an opinion and no data.

If you are just taking a shot at old300D, it would seem you are verging on being guilty of the behavior he exhibits that you are complaining about. If you are suggesting misused data gains some kind of stature in a post that can only be countered with more data, I guess I don't follow that. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #60 of 223 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 12:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
He's flailing. It is so embarassing seeing a grown man do that.
FeelTheLove is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Global Warming Over? 430 Off-Topic 30 01-06-2007 03:29 AM
    global O mzsmbs Off-Topic 0 12-06-2006 09:19 AM
    Global Warming DP Off-Topic 40 10-31-2006 10:53 PM
    A refresher on Global Cooling. errrr Global Warming 430 Off-Topic 67 04-07-2006 06:55 PM
    Global Warming Woolly R171 SLK-Class 6 02-26-2005 03:21 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome