Global Cooling Obviously Taking Hold - Page 12 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 223 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
You are clueless.
I may be "clueless," in your warped mind, but if scientists can't get near-future projections in a limited area right, how can they predict the climate decades from now? Short answer still is: They can't!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #112 of 223 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 10:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I may be "clueless," in your warped mind, but if scientists can't get near-future projections in a limited area right, how can they predict the climate decades from now? Short answer still is: They can't!
It's interesting to note that the FAA weather service has a fair idea of how close their weather predictions are. Over the next 4 hours it's a little better then 90%...... that short a time span and it's still NOT 100%.
Over the next 12 hours it's something like 60% or less. These guys have weather collection points at every manned airport tower all over the country, and they can't give you a 95% accurate forecast over 4 hours.
Still, some here believe that they know what is going to happen in the next 100 years, and are whining about it.

In the 1960's and 70's it was the Global Cooling crisis, and the coming Ice Age................... Duh ! For some reason it feels warmer then that right now. Of course yesterday it was only 85 F so it could be they were right.
Maybe we can stop Global Warming with a Nuclear Winter?

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #113 of 223 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
It's interesting to note that the FAA weather service has a fair idea of how close their weather predictions are. Over the next 4 hours it's a little better then 90%...... that short a time span and it's still NOT 100%.
Over the next 12 hours it's something like 60% or less. These guys have weather collection points at every manned airport tower all over the country, and they can't give you a 95% accurate forecast over 4 hours.
Still, some here believe that they know what is going to happen in the next 100 years, and are whining about it.

In the 1960's and 70's it was the Global Cooling crisis, and the coming Ice Age................... Duh ! For some reason it feels warmer then that right now. Of course yesterday it was only 85 F so it could be they were right.
Maybe we can stop Global Warming with a Nuclear Winter?
There you go...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #114 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
More proof...

Remember Worries About Global Cooling? - Newsweek Technology - MSNBC.com

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #115 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 08:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This is why the science community has mostly referred to the issues at hand as Global Climate Change instead of the Media and Politician's Global Warming.

All along they have been talking about places like Great Britain getting COLDER while other areas like the US MidWest getting wetter and hotter over the long run. The changes in the JetStream, along with the Gulf flow are two of the primary system drivers.

It is all those "worst on record" issues that are the problem. While the naysayers point out that there has been little or no hurricanes, they seem oblivious to the unusually large Low Pressure systems that have generated record rains throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois this year. And while the Atlantic has not had a particularly bad season, the Pacific and Indian Oceans have had massive storm seasons. But I guess since it doesn't affect Americans it can't be important or "count".

So far over 20Million Indians have been left homeless from storms just in the past 45 days.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #116 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
This is why the science community has mostly referred to the issues at hand as Global Climate Change instead of the Media and Politician's Global Warming.

All along they have been talking about places like Great Britain getting COLDER while other areas like the US MidWest getting wetter and hotter over the long run. The changes in the JetStream, along with the Gulf flow are two of the primary system drivers.

It is all those "worst on record" issues that are the problem. While the naysayers point out that there has been little or no hurricanes, they seem oblivious to the unusually large Low Pressure systems that have generated record rains throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois this year. And while the Atlantic has not had a particularly bad season, the Pacific and Indian Oceans have had massive storm seasons. But I guess since it doesn't affect Americans it can't be important or "count".

So far over 20Million Indians have been left homeless from storms just in the past 45 days.
In historical terms, none of that is "unusual..." Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to worry about--and something to try and make others worry about.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #117 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
In historical terms, none of that is "unusual..." Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to worry about--and something to try and make others worry about.
I base my opinion on the research of over 12,000 research scientists in over 100 countries, from Universities and Corporations and Non-Profits and the most prestigious research institutes on the Planet. The confirmation opinions include folks like Woods Hole in Mass. and the CEOs of BP and Dutch Shell.

You base your opinion on...?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #118 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Maybe this will be acceptable for professor Jaydork :

Climate change controversies: a simple guide
deathrattle is offline  
post #119 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I base my opinion on the research of over 12,000 research scientists in over 100 countries, from Universities and Corporations and Non-Profits and the most prestigious research institutes on the Planet. The confirmation opinions include folks like Woods Hole in Mass. and the CEOs of BP and Dutch Shell.

You base your opinion on...?
I base my opinion on a couple billion years of weather changes, all of which I'm sure were considered "unusual." I'm sure you recall the Ice Age and the Primordial Ooze from your first hand experience w/ them...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #120 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Maybe this will be acceptable for professor Jaydork :

Climate change controversies: a simple guide
So you can Google a pro-prattle point of view... BFD!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Global Warming Over? 430 Off-Topic 30 01-06-2007 03:29 AM
    global O mzsmbs Off-Topic 0 12-06-2006 09:19 AM
    Global Warming DP Off-Topic 40 10-31-2006 10:53 PM
    A refresher on Global Cooling. errrr Global Warming 430 Off-Topic 67 04-07-2006 06:55 PM
    Global Warming Woolly R171 SLK-Class 6 02-26-2005 03:21 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome