post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 11:01 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: '04 E320 AWD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
He was not important when Saddam was in power or was he? Oh, who do you think we should kill next?
Um, any and all who declare war on our troops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 11:04 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfman24
Um, any and all who declare war on our troops.
Does that inlcude the Democrats in Congress that are pulling the plug on this war? Technically the Republicans say that'sa declaration of war on our troops, do you agree?
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 11:11 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Does that inlcude the Democrats in Congress that are pulling the plug on this war? Technically the Republicans say that'sa declaration of war on our troops, do you agree?
Of course not. I'm referring to a beligerant announcement that one and his followers (or his army) intend to kill our men and women in the military. No one credible is comparing that the the Democrats' policy choices.
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 11:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quote:
Right. Keep imagining that you're the only person in the room with a valid opinion.
I didn't say your opinion was not valid. Just not based on sound reasoning.

OBK #35

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:08 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
I didn't say your opinion was not valid. Just not based on sound reasoning.
See, this is where you lose me. I didn't reason anything. I merely expressed an observation. Here is what I wrote:

"Actually, the U.S. has been cracking down on Al Sadre's militia for over a month now and his supporters are rumored to be a bit fractured. It's entirely possible that he's feeling the heat and sounding a rallying cry."

The first part of this post is fact - the U.S. is doing this. The second is my pointing out a rumor that is, in fact, a rumor. It could be true or not true. The last part is an observation - there are many who believe Sadre's position has been weakened. It might not have been, or it might have been.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quote:
See, this is where you lose me. I didn't reason anything. I merely expressed an observation. Here is what I wrote:

"Actually, the U.S. has been cracking down on Al Sadre's militia for over a month now and his supporters are rumored to be a bit fractured. It's entirely possible that he's feeling the heat and sounding a rallying cry."

The first part of this post is fact - the U.S. is doing this. The second is my pointing out a rumor that is, in fact, a rumor. It could be true or not true. The last part is an observation - there are many who believe Sadre's position has been weakened. It might not have been, or it might have been.
Well, I based my opinion on a flourishing insurgency, with al-Sadr at the forefront. I admit I'm a bit jaded after Rumsfeld's persistent claims of the rabid insurgency evidence of weakening and desperation. Forgive me if I seem doubtful with this latest claim.

OBK #35

post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:

I think where Old300d and many of us get confused with your approach to posting is, we assume when you post something you are posting something you think is valid. Something you personally think is valid. That implies, even if you qualify the statement with "rumored to be" or "entirely possible that" you subscribe to the gist if not the verbatim meaning of the words you used to describe the rumor and/or the possibility. Which is what was being questioned.

If you are merely posting words you happened upon while perusing the internet, and have no specific feelings they may or may not be true, why bother yourself and the rest of us? WE can and do peruse the internet for rumors and potential activities. We are hardly in need of someone to peruse it for us and then post random sound bites that they don't feel are any more than random sound bites. Jim
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:

Conjecture based on no data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in